No Person Detection!

Pacific

Several people are still having problems.
Even Gwendolyn’s response indicates that there is an ongoing problem.

1 Like

I know there’s more than one person. That’s why I said most of us. I was just thinking that it could be a time zone issue since that caused an issue in the past.

I figured if we can determine the common factors between the affected users, it can help Wyze out or at the very least, the affected users would have an idea why they can’t get PD alerts.

Seapup has the right fix, for now…

Make sure PD is on. Make sure Event Recording for Motion is on. Turn off the notification for Motion Events. PD events still show up

Nope. Doesn’t work for me.

Are you receiving any notifications at all?

Since last night or so, I’ve been getting all of them - every single windy tree and random shadows. So the fix that I posted was to get rid of the excess notifications.

One Cams plus camera isn’t recording any videos. The other one is recording when I walk by but labels it as “motion”.

Person Detection worked for me today on a v2 cam. I’m using the beta software.

Interesting. Now I have a MIX of correct and incorrect tags on the SAME day. We’ve been shoveling. With the Person filter on, all but one of the events is correctly labeled. It still plays okay, but reports that it is a “Motion at” event. Yet it still filters properly. Gotta be luck of the draw as to what servers we’re hitting to process an uploaded event?

1 Like

Still no person detection here. I waited for the planned maintenance overnight hoping that would resolve my issues, but no luck. Not even a PD toggle option. However I see they had no problem taking my money this morning for my PD subscription. Guess I’ll have to submit a ticket to CS. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Nothing for me as well. Talked to a tech yesterday on Twitter and they gave me the usual “restart your cameras” and “turn off/on Cams Plus license”. Nada. Zip. Zilch.

1 Like

I judt checked ours and we are getting PD,VEHICLE, ETC we are useing cam + its working on V2,V3, PTZ,Outdoor cams

I have no pd on my v3. It doesn’t show up in my list of cams.

2 Likes

:rage:
OMG. I just spent 35 minutes on their zendesk chat, and they said they are working on a future update to resolve the problem. No answers, no offer of refund for subscription, no explanation as to why they have done this to their customers again!

2 Likes

Nice. So one employee is saying it’s fixed and another says they are working on it.
Pretty sure both are full of something.
Optimism, that’s what I meant. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

They still have employees?

1 Like

I think they just hire people to read off a script and call them customer support.

There’s definitely a communication (or lack of) issue between the support team and actual wyze employees.

Most of us who own wyze products are tech savvy enough to have already done the steps support makes us do again.

If support can’t see your account information or device logs, how much help can they really be?

Get your s**t together Wyze.

2 Likes

So now my PD is working, at least part time!?
I am now getting some person notifications.

Clearly wyze support has some communication problems with themselves, and their app is full of bugs and other issues, as per usual.

There is still no toggle to enable PD notifications in the app. With the PD service enabled on the camera in services, and motion detection turned off, I am now receiving person notifications. I can not enable Sound notification at all.

You can turn on the sound notifications only if you have the sound event recording on.

2 Likes

Thanks Ziaman.
That fixed that issue. I had been turning up the sound detection sensitivity with no results. Funny that slider works when the toggle is off. . . :grimacing: