No Person Detection!

Same. No setting for it either.

1 Like

Seems to be working normally again. Got multiple notifications this morning.

1 Like

Happy to report person push notifications are now working again on my phone. BUT I HAVE LOST THE ABILITY TO ONLY BE NOTIFIED WHEN IT’S A PERSON EVENT. So now every time the wind blows the trees around my home or as the shade of the sun moves I also receive a notification. :man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming:

2 Likes

Looks at the screenshots of my settings:

• Under Settings > Event Recording for each v2 cam, toggle ON Detects motion.

• Under Settings > Notifications for each v2 cam, toggle ON Notifications and toggle OFF Motion Events.

4 Likes

@Seapup thank you that worked. It’s working now until somebody comes and messes it up for everybody which I hope they leave it alone.

1 Like

Still no PD here. Had to turn off all notifications as I am now getting all motion detection notifications. Ridiculous :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

My pilot Person detection is turned on, but if the person button is selected in events ( along with motion & sound), no motion or sound events display in the events list.

1 Like

Glad to be of help. :+1: It WILL change again sometime. Things always do. This forum is basically users helping users, so somebody here probably has the answer to whatever the issue is. :grinning:

2 Likes

still not working.
on my v3 you can see the person on video, but cam labels it as just motion instead.
on my v2 you can see the same person on video, but cam labels it as Vehicle instead.

2 Likes

Just checked my Pilot AI again … notifications are now working again, but it took 1 minute to receive it.

1 Like

Still nothing for me…

1 Like

I don’t know if this had anything to do with it but this morning I was so over it that before I uninstalled the app I cleared the storage and I restarted my phone and didn’t install the app again until an hour and a half went by and then I had a person detection again. It’s worth a try

1 Like

I finally got a hold of someone at Wyze and they told me “they are working on it”… Whatever that means. I conveyed that we were mostly upset due to the lack of acknowledgement for so long of a delay.

2 Likes

Did they resolve it or not?
This suggests not.

1 Like

Nope… Still nothing

When will it be resolved?

I’m not sure why you’re still having issues. AFIK, PD started working again for most of us.

I don’t mean to sound like support and tell you to do more troubleshooting steps but did you verify your settings?

There was a post further up on here that shows you how your notifications and event settings should be set. Although I’m sure you already tried everything you could think of :slightly_smiling_face:

I’ve changed all settings, multiple times. And if that didn’t do it, please ask why it would need to be so complicated to enable person detection that changing every single setting doesn’t change it?

Mine is still not working either. I’ve done all the troubleshooting steps & submitted 2 logs. The pilot Person detection option does not even show up.

1 Like

What time zone do you live in? I’ve heard of some issues in the past related to time zones.

It could play a factor here although I don’t know how.