New dashTemp folder

Using the most recent Beta app, my phone now has 500+ new files daily in a /dashTemp/ folder.

This is a MAJOR problem for me because when I go to my PhotoSync app to upload photos and screenshots taken during the day, I also have to upload 500 presumably temp images. A real hassle now that I must manually select individual new photos and stuff to back up a few times a week. Tomorrow I won’t remember which personal photos I backed up unless I waste half an hour comparing files on the phone with files in the cloud. Android 9.

There was a similar post with no response at

This is a common issue with Android and is dependent on what folders are being scanned for media files. The fix is to exclude the folder being used by Wyze (or other apps) for temp files.

It varies because each vendor and carrier uses different media applications and even different settings. So for a S10 the issue might be present on Verizon and not present for an AT&T customer as an example. Also of course you as a user may have selected an image management application different than whatever came with your phone.

In other words it’s not an issue with Wyze but with the carrier or phone vendor or even a program setting you may have changed as a user.

1 Like

If you’re motivated, using an app called Tasker you can set it up to delete or look for to delete certain folders at set intervals of your choice. I’ve noticed this popping up again on my phone to

2 Likes

I used to use and like Tasker when I used a Verizon Samsung Android phone. I use a Pixel now which does not have the issue. At least at the moment. :wink:

1 Like

Thanks for your reply. My phone came from Google One / Google Fi. I’ll have to remember to use the Google Files app and select the Clean option, which recognizes all the temporary Wyze files and allows me to delete them. And subsequently use the PhotoSync app to upload new files.

Google Photos is uploading a bunch of unnecessary Wyze files, and I largely ignore whatever is taking place in the online Google Photos. I pay for 100-gig storage and there’s 20 gigs of photos and videos there.

For what little it’s worth, I never liked Google Photos because it fails to offer adding new photos to auto-generated year / month folders. And PhotoSync lets me easily force uploads to Google Drive in a folder named 2020 which contains an 03 folder representing March, all automatic, no muss, no fuss, new year or month sensitive folders created automatically. And months later, on a rainy day, I’ll review the accumulated files in the cloud, delete unnecessary files, and move important photos to their permanent home.

1 Like

I used to use Google Photos myself but like you I was frustrated by the lack of automation and control of the content. I have heard good things about PhotoSync so I was interested to hear you were using that.

1 Like

Hi, @doug11. The devs don’t monitor this forum. If you are seeing a bug with the beta app, the best way to get information on the issue you’re seeing to the devs is through the app itself.

Keep in mind that this forum is primarily a user to user community. You can submit logs from within the Wyze app by going to Account > Help & Feedback > Submit a Log. This method will allow you to send an app log for diagnosis as well as report your issue. (Note that if you are using a beta version of the app, the log will be sent to the dev team rather than Wyze Support and will not generate a support request.)

2 Likes

PhotoSync } Display } Folders menu facilitates either including or excluding specific directories. After fiddling with options to include or exclude folders, I decided the best thing to do list to manually include a bunch of folders that are important to me.

3 Likes