Motion detection stopped working

I sent a support ticket in. This is part of what they told me:

1. First, make sure event recording toggle is ON

2. Make sure you don’t have the Wyze Cam Outdoor’s live stream open, and stop any scheduled recording or time lapse

3. Ensure that motion is not triggered within the cool-down time (You can set this to 1-minute for troubleshooting)

4. Next, wave your hand or walk directly in-front of the camera to generate motion. Please note that side-to-side motion is captured more easily than walking toward the camera, and should trigger more often at lower sensitivities

Observe the LED light on the back of the camera. If the LED does not change to a solid blue pattern or does not turn on at all, we will want to collect some logs to help us better understand what may be occurring.

To submit an app log, please insert a microSD card into the Wyze Cam Outdoor if you have one available, then follow the steps outlined in the guide located here. For Wyze Cam Outdoor, we will also want to collect a Base Station log from the app.

I haven’t done what they asked yet, but prior we took the cameras down and charged them to full again then unplugged the base from the router, plugged back in and made sure they all had wifi bars. Reattched the cameras, One worked fine, the other only 1 since we did it a couple days ago. Maybe it’s the side to side motion, not direct front like they suggest? I’m not updating firmware yet. Still not happy with these things but will give it another couple weeks to see if I return them.

Yes the detection zones for the outdoor cam work best when motion is side to side. I set up my 4 cams so that the face of the cam is at a bout a 30 degrees left or right from straight ahead. Say on a clock/watch 12:00 is zero degrees, move the face of the cam to 12:05 right or to 11:55 Left. My front is like this to see my driveway and walkway, red line is the direction of the face of the camera. It works great but also catches all the cars that turnaround in the court.

As of 1/25/21, my Outdoor Cameras appear to be back to normal again.

Are you using the new or previous Firmware, I tried the new firmware yesterday with out much luck so I changed it back. I may try one camera again in a few days.

I have not installed the new firmware yet. I wanted to make sure everything settled down before putting another variable in the mix.

I had a similar problem where after the plugin or firmware updated on my phone, I couldn’t see any recorded motion events, even though I knew there should be plenty. I tried a few things (including reverting back to an older firmware, power cycling, clearing the cache in the app, and restarting my router). Eventually I just uninstalled and reinstalled the app and logged back in. This did the trick! Not only are new motion events recording, but it looks like the events of the last few days (which I couldn’t see before) are all showing up now too. Give it a shot if you remember your login info!

Power cycle them

i know i said I was going to reply the follow day, a few days ago… but the firmware update and app update seems to have resolved my issue that I had to power cycle. Since my last reply, I have not had to power cycle my base to get motion detection to load to the cloud.

Why is a simple thing like a firmware and app. upgrade have to be so difficult. I have tried the new firmware twice with out luck, I got event videos but no notifications at all. I am back at 4.17.001 and 4.16.0.200 and all 4 cams have been working great with detection and notifications.

How do you reinstall an old version of firmware?

I did the cameras first. Open the cam on the app. Go to settings, device info. Go down to firmware version and tap that. If you have the latest it will ask having problems, tap that then it will show the list of previous firmware. I went back to what works for me cam 4.17.001 and base 4.16.0.200. I did all 4 cams then the base, Same procedure for cam and base.

Thanks, doing this as I type this. Just a FYI for others, this option doesn’t seem available on iPad Wyze app. I do not see "Having Problems " at all on iPad but can see it from my android phone. Hopefully this will fix it as im at my wits end.

I am having trouble viewing camera motion recordings. They are not showing up. Wyze is really getting away from the basics trying to get us to pay for monitoring. I just want the camera to work as intended. No separate filtering and charging per camera. Stop making the cameras not work. Just let it record what it sees.

That’s strange, I did mine with my iPhone the first time and on the iPad the second time .Good luck.

Yeah, I don’t know why it never shows. I thought it was because it wasn’t made specifically for iPad but I guess not if it worked for you. I remember reading other members saying they rolled back their firmware and how easy it was and I could never find it, so thanks again.

Just an update- nothing, no notifications since I rolled back the firmware so I’m still unsure if mine is back working or not.

But this No Notification Notification is back unless I turn on sound so I’m still confused. Patiently waiting for a fix or announcement from Wyze concerning this.

The ability to quickly swap firmware versions is limited to beta users.

1 Like

I started with 2 outdoor cams and they worked so well that I had to turn them off most of the time because the motion notifications/recordings were too frequent. Then I bought 2 more (now 4 outdoor cameras, 2 bases) and I am now not getting any motion recording from any of them. I have tried different detection settings for distance and sensitivity but still nothing, all I get is live viewing and I can see motion tagging while live viewing. Moving the cameras to different locations outdoors doesn’t make any difference, they have good network connectivity. But if I go outside and get one of those cameras when I put my hand on the camera and pick it up it will detect and make a motion recording. While I have it inside on the window sill charging it will see between the blinds and make motion recordings of things outside the window – even sideways. Then I put the camera back outside and motion detection recording stops again. I do have the latest firmware and I am not sure if the problem started when I did the last firmware update but that is possible. It looks like I do not have an option to revert back to older firmware, someone here mentioned that only beta users can do that. I have two different types of cameras inside and all of those work well and those are on the same firmware as the outdoor cameras. I did try uninstalling the app from my phone and reinstalling, but that didn’t help. Has anyone else been able to fix this? It seems to be a common issue.

If your useing the wireless camera it will not record through the glass panes due to it uses PIR which is heat transfer

I’ve found the opposite to be true - they do not record when outside, but when I bring them in to charge I set them on the window sill and they record outside motion through the window, even with blinds partially blocking the view.

dscottnm
April 6

I’ve found the opposite to be true - they do not record when outside, but when I bring them in to charge I set them on the window sill and they record outside motion through the window, even with blinds partially blocking the view.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

In Reply To
kae4560
April 5
If your useing the wireless camera it will not record through the glass panes due to it uses PIR which is heat transfer

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

I have 8 of them at my house and they all work it must be in your settings and it did state on there web page they will not record through glass windows,panels