Motion detection stopped working

I have tried troubleshooting for days now. Only 1 camera out of 3 is detecting motion sporadically then it stops. I’m so done with these cameras. I’ll return them and go with an alarm company that does hardwire installs and I know they will work indefinitely. I’m not wasting any more time. I’ve spent about 4 hours trying to fix them. Sorry Wyze, your product sucks. And my time is worth about $150/hour so you owe me $600

All my Sensors stopped working again. The Contact Sensors are offline. Motion Sensor is not registering any motion. This is getting ridiculous

1 Like

My (4) Outdoor Cams have all stopped detecting motion again. This is seriously ridiculous. I guess you don’t always get what you pay for?

Is there a way to roll back to a previous firmware version?

1 Like

It is ridiculous. I’m not sure if Wyze monitors these but they should. This seems to be an ongoing isue. What cameras are you using? We have the Outdoor Cameras. Out of 3 only 1 has ever detected motion and that one worked for a couple weeks then stopped after that. My guess is it’s either a firmware update issue or the cold, since it’s winter here

We also have the outdoor cameras. We have had no issues up until now & have had the cameras for almost a month.

Mine are all Wyze Cam Outdoor (The battery powered ones with a base station). One base station is connected via ethernet cable directly into the router and one camera, while the other is connected via wifi and has 3 cameras assigned. This started within a day of updating them to the latest firmware.

4.17.1,001 camera
4.16.0.200 base

Power-cycling the bases brought them back (again), but these is no easy way to test motion detection remotely. I can use a couple of spare Wyze Plugs so I can bounce the base stations, but that won’t help as I won’t know when to do this, or for how long the band-aid will stay on…

Pretty much every company that deals in firmware has released an undetected bug that kills a crucial function of their device, so the ability to roll back to a previous firmware revision is commonplace for most other companies. Wyze should allow at least this simple troubleshooting step.

@Becks123,

Likewise, The first two cameras and base stations went live on 1/7/2021, and the additional two cameras were connected on 1/16/2021. Not a good record so far from this observer.

I was going to buy several WyzeCam V3s as soon as they were available, but am now looking at other options.

As of about 7pm EST yesterday, my WCO has recorded almost no activity. One Person tag this morning. Of over 12 vehicles that moved by today, only my V2 generated clips. The WCO 1 motion clip, barely capturing the rear of the vehicle.

same here, mine stopped giving notifications, then stopped any event recording. I have tried everything I know of, updated to latest firmware also so wondering if that is an issue? it will intermittingly show an event recording but no notifications.?

I don’t think it is a firmware issue. I have the iPhone app. using this version of firmware on 4 WCO that I put up 11/4/20. No issues with detection, I have had 22 events already this morning both Persons and Motion. Base is connected via ethernet on the 2.4 GHZ network.

4.17.1,001 cameras
4.16.0.200 base

Those versions detect fine, as you say The problem seems to be with more recent versions:
WCO 4.17.1.019
Hub 4.16.1.5

Those later updates seem to cause loss of detection. Turning off the WCO and restarting works for me but it doesn’t seem to last.

4.17.1,001 camera
4.16.0.200 base

These are exactly the firmware versions I have on my outdoor cameras and bases. Motion detection stops working after a time (under a day) and may or may not come back after a power cycle of the devices. I could spend a day or so working on this to figure out how long them may actually last but if I spend all day at the site, I won’t need the cameras.

As I said, those versions seem associated with the detection issue. My 2 WCO have been working fine for weeks before this issue arose last week. Great detection, notifications and recordings. I think that one or both of the firmware updates last week created the problem and based on my experience with WYZE, I expect the issue will be resolved shortly.

I’m having the same problem with my Outdoor Cams. Detection appeared to have stopped working. Started either the night of 1/22/21 or the morning of 1/23/21. 1/24/21 I rebooted my router and all devices on my network including the outdoor hub. When everything came back online, the app showed that both my cameras were not connected. I went outside to power the first camera off/on and when I walked in front of the camera, I got an alert and the camera came online by itself. Sooo, I went to the second camera and as soon as it detected motion, that camera also went from not connected to connected. I thought I was back in business again until tonight when it missed detecting me pulling into the garage (which it always does). Shortly afterwards, it detected someone and alerted me. All had worked fine for the 2 months prior to 1/22/21-1/23/21. I do not have Cam Plus and am not in the Beta program.

I am having a similar issue as you all. My husband and I just purchased two outdoor Wyze cameras for our new home as we do construction. One placed at our front door and one near our garage. Initially we would receive alerts for the first few days after I set them up, and then we would only receive them if the app was open and there was motion, and now nothing. The sensitivity is turned ALL the way up.

This is defeating the entire purpose of us purchasing these cameras if we are not alerted when there is motion. Any ideas to help?

All of my outdoor cameras are working today. Not sure why but I’ll take it :woman_shrugging:t2: lol. They stop working on Friday but are all working properly now.

I see in the Wyze News that they released the new app and firmware. (Not Beta)
WCO 4.17.1.019
Hub 4.16.1.5

I think I will wait a few days based on this entire list of post :open_mouth:

1 Like

I tried the new firmware in one camera to see what was new. There is a PIR detection zone and another Detection Zone I guess motion zone ? which you have to turn on, tap the areas in the grid you want to detect motion in and save, interesting ! I’ll see how long it works.

Just before I messaged, my base and cameras were offline this time. Did the power on/off and then I had to turn off/on my WOC to work.
I did firmware update and I also updated the app. I do like they added customized detection zone. This allows me to customize the side of the house without having to mount it at a 45 degrees for any movement along the fence. It’s usually stops sending notifications and uploading motion detection clips around 8+ hours, then I have to power on/off the base. I check back tomorrow if the firmware fixes the issue

Well I tried one camera in the front which always gets about 15-20 events a day. I changed the base and that cam to the new firmware. I tested it before the change. as soon as I take a few steps out of my garage to the driveway I get a event notification in about 12-15 seconds just like since the first day I put it up. I made the change, tested it out no event recording, no notification. Tried that 3 times walking in the same area for 2-3 min., got Zero. Turned off base power and ethernet connection, started again, tested again. Did the same walk with no results. Changed to firmware for cam and base back to the previous version for cam 4.17.001 and base to 4.16.0.200 tested again. Worked great without any issues just like before. I am leaving everything where it is for now.***(Note) My cam and base never went off line except during the firmware up date.