Microsd Card Capacity

Confirming that Wyze Cam v2 works with 128gb MicroSD cards. I purchased this one: Amazon.com

It was already formatted ExFAT. All I did was pop it into the camera, waited for the sound, and it recognized it. I formatted it in the app for good measure but it didn’t seem to need it. No problemo.

1 Like

Old thread but I’m still searching for answers. I had trouble with 128gb cards in 2018. A year later they work and are automatically converted(detected). I’m here to find out how large we can really go with these cards. With 60GB, I only get about or less than a day worth of footage. You’d wonder how, well its monitoring my vehicle on a street, lots of traffic. The 128GB makes it 3 days(or less) somehow. But that’s not enough for my current needs. Before I invest in a much larger card, will it work? Someone have proof and no photo shopped evidence, thanks.

While I don’t have an answer to that, I can tell you I bought a few different sizes as a precaution on Amazon and they’re extremely easy to return. Of course this was pre-coronavirus panic.

1 Like

Thats interesting that your only getting a day’s worth of video on a 60Gb card. I have a 64Gb (59Gb formated) and I’m getting a solid 7 days of HD video. Both of my cams are continuously recording as well.

I’m thinking of trying either a 128 or 256Gb card soon

This is true. I was using a 256GB card and a couple of mine. This was for the v2, now that I have a v3 only 32 gig works.

I bought a new 64GB SD card.

Wyze Outdoor cam: no go
Wyze base: no go
Wyze v3: worked fine

so I moved the 32GB card from the v3 to the outdoor cam, put the 64GB in the v3 and all appear to be working as expected.

You can put a 64 GB in a WCO if you format it to FAT 32

1 Like

I’m unable to download that formatting file someone else posted, as it said it’s not there. Can you or someone tell me the size limitations of the microSD cards? I put in a 512Gb yesterday, and restarted the camera. Wasn’t recognized. (BTW, I’m frustrated that I can’t call someone for tech support.)

And maybe it’s the format of the card I purchased?
512GB Micro SD Card with SD Card Adapter Class10 MicroSD Card for Class 10 Memory Card for Android Smartphone Digital Camera Tablet and Drone

The SD card has to be in the FAT32 format and I am sure the 512GB card is not. WYZE only officially supports 32 GB cards but many people are using larger formatted to FAT32.

I used this one for my 64GB cards

https://www.softpedia.com/get/System/Hard-Disk-Utils/FAT32format-GUI.shtml

Ooooh, I have one of those. I should try it. Thanks!