Mark Your Calendars - 2019 Person Detection Release

My person detection only seems to work if I turn off the notifications for “all other movement”. I’m hopeful for a fix in an update.

I have been doing that. So far it hasn’t changed anything. Will keep checking and submitting.

Guess what we know what this is now :grin:. Unless something bigger is still coming! :sweat_smile:

Oh it probably takes time and multiple samples to get the AI to detect people better.

1 Like

That’s odd. I’ll have to test it out and see if it works when I turn on motion detection and person detection.

Maybe check out the tips page to see if the answers are there.
https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/articles/360028818112-Person-Detection-with-Edge-AI

1 Like

I have a detection zone set, and the person has to be mostly inside the zone for it to work. But it does work for me

Working now :smile: had to power cycle each camera . Thanks thequietman44
The Person Detection Works GREAT ! Tested all afternoon… Will test more tonight .
I removed all of my Wyze Sense PIR sensors I had attached to each camera and will use only Person Detection

Tested out on 3 cams inside, works pretty good , I didn’t have to restart any cameras.
It’s pretty cool that I can get notified quickly that there is a person Involved in the video clip But it isn’t going to Lesson false positives much for the cams outside and facing outside .
Because of where my house is located I even need to know When headlights set them off at night and all vehicles during the day, I also like to keep an eye on The rodents Around my property Such as coons and Groundhog’s So that I have a better idea When I Need to do some trapping and relocating, so , person only is not going to workout well…
If I could set it for person and vehicle only it would workout pretty well

I think you might be wrong about not being able to filter out bugs without filtering out people. :wink:

Well I’m going to find out here in about an hour

I think that was a joke, lol.

1 Like

Ha
I missed the wink

1 Like

You are correct, Sir, lol. Some :cough: Person lacks joke :cough: Detection. All love!

1 Like

No worries. I was way off in my predictions for the feature announcement. But I still feel like a winner!

1 Like

Well I I have 3 cameras I can set up for person only, One in the pole barn gets a lot of False alerts too With bugs in there and Sunshine in the daytime, if it works out with those 3 it will reduce my false Alerts Quite a lot

1 Like

I was going to do the same thing… but I like having the immediate notifications that the PIR motion sensors provide (as opposed to the 12 second record + upload + notification time of the camera).

Filter out this bug/Person

4 Likes

I have 5 cameras. I did a quick test and person detection worked immediately without a hitch. It’s been so wonderfully “notification” quiet since. The beauty of it is that it still records all other events based on detection settings for your review, but silently. It’s been so quiet that I wouldn’t mind having vehicle detection added next. I can handle people and car notifications. Maybe even animals too…as long as they’re not insects.

1 Like

PIR motion sensor?

A passive infrared sensor is an electronic sensor that measures infrared light radiating from objects in its field of view. They are most often used in PIR-based motion detectors. PIR sensors are commonly used in security alarms and automatic lighting applications. PIR sensors detect general movement, but do not give information on who or what moved. For that purpose, an active IR sensor is required.