Landscape View For Tablets

Understatement. In my case, with a disability that makes it difficult to rotate my iPad 90° multiple times a day, it’s more than annoying. I think I may have been the first Wyze community member to request app-wide landscape mode nearly 2 1/2 years ago. Still waiting …

4 Likes

The reply from Wyze is from 2018! Come on, lets get this done. ordered more cameras including the new outdoor kit and not having a good app to interface them with is just annoying. I shouldn’t have to use third party software.

4 Likes

Don’t worry, noone is listenting or cares, well noone at Wyze anyway…the most basic of things, our iPad is in landscape mode 99% of the time… except for the Wyze app…

4 Likes

Is it that difficult to set up landscape mode option?

Apparently it is,

Wyze is still trying to figure this out 2.5+ years later…

Or perhaps they are ignoring this issue purposely.

It’s is my NUMBER ONE annoyance with their App.

My Ipad is in Landscape mode 100 percent of the time, attached to an external keyboard (an iPad Pro 12.9" in Portrait’ mode is not ideal in any way, IMO.)

SJ

3 Likes

Agree 100%, I also use the app with an iPad almost exclusively. The fact that it’s portrait only not only looks bad, but is also annoying. Certianly is limiting my investment in more Wyze products.

1 Like

And the fact that you, I, and some others use iPad’s in Landscape Mode 100% of the time, is apparently still a non issue to @Wyze Thanks @wyzedave and @UserCustomerGwen for continuing to ignore this issue.

SJ

Now it‘s September 2021 and still no progress - time to vote Wyze products down on Amazon, eBay, Apple Store… - maybe with that the developers will understand that following the established standards is the right thing to do. Very disappointing!

There are many apps that are designed for iPhone only, do you equally vote them down too? Ring doorbell is a great example. That can’t even handle me changing from portrait to landscape as I launch the app!

Please add this already!!! It’s 2021

1 Like

iOS 15 allows apps not optimized for ipad to run in landscape mode. Please just get rid of the ipad app, Let us use the iPhone app on ipad, and then at least iOS 15 will give us this feature. :rage:

Bro, how long are your sprints?

It’s November 17, 2021

And the Wyze App still doesn’t know how to do Landscape mode properly on an iPad.

SJ

1 Like

Wow, very impressed to see that after all this time they still haven’t made the landscape mode work. I find it interesting that I spent over an hour chatting with tech-support sharing that I updated every single thing from firmware to software to restarting and should’ve just come to Google and found this forum.

Now I know there’s nothing I can do about it… it just hasn’t been fixed with Wyze.

I love the comment about how it makes you less likely to want to purchase any other Wtze products because I’m feeling the same way. Come on Wyze figure it out… please.

1 Like

I think the app was originally created for a phone, as many apps are. Look at the Ring app for a really bad example of that. There is a wishlist item to convert the Wyze app that seems quite popular, vote for it!:

Returning user, was hoping to use Wyse for my office assistant to watch our back loading door. Haven’t used WYSE in a couple years, may send this back to Amazon for refund.

Camera image as beautiful as ever. But…

No browser access? This is 2 years later, still non-existent. Ok… no biggie, We can use the iPad she has at her desk with the Apple Smart Keyboard… in LANDSCAPE… No support for iPad in landscape, after 2 years?

So, basically no progress on the Wyzecam front. Time for another vendor and a downvote on Amazon

1 Like

Closer to 4 years to be honest …

1 Like

Happy 4th No Landscape for you Birthday to the wish list item: Landscape View For Tablets

SJ

1 Like

This thread should probably be moved into the main “Wish List” thread:

It would be sad to have two threads on the same issue, living apart from one another…

SJ

2 Likes

This latest thread merge is confusing and seems out of chronological order…

1 Like