Landscape View For Tablets

Agree… unfortunately, we have no way to chronologically rearrange when merging. :neutral_face:

4 Likes

Ah okay, I thought the norm was to intersperse; guess not. :frowning:

No big deal, thanks.

Just went over to the Discourse Community forums, and it appears the lack of ability to merge and keep post chronological is a feature/bug of the discourse platform. Perhaps one thread should be closed for further comment, and the last post refers everyone to the other thread that remains open?

SJ

1 Like

I dont think it matters. Wyze either not listening to the forum or just does not care about our inputs.

2 Likes

Talk to me, I’m listening. You be you and I’ll be Wyze. Go.

1 Like

Yikes !!!

Too ambitious, ya think? :slight_smile:

Or is that your comment to ‘Wyze’ :wink:

Wyze has website where you can view your cameras in landscape mode. It is currently in beta, but it works very well with my iPad Pro. This is the link:

Wyze live view

1 Like

Requires the cam plus subscription - so no thanks.
I have no hope for this eventually going live. It’ll be in “beta” for ever.

I have seen many posts requesting various items with these cameras and the watches (better watch faces). Nothing from wyze. Wyze quickly went down for me. Best bet is to be bought out from someone that cares about its customers.

Yup

1 Like

Just adding my 2 cents on still hoping/praying this happen. I’ve upgraded my iPad a few months ago and no luck on the landscape view. :frowning: All these new products yet no progress on standard user experience app fixes.

Perhaps the Wyze programmers can ask the Instagram programmers what they did to make their iPhone app display like this on the newest iPadOS that supports phone apps displaying in this manner?

While it’s not a permanent fix, it would appease those of us who use the app 100% on our iPads with a keyboard in Landscape mode.

Nothing more frustrating that … well…no need to beat that dead horse…

Make it do this… at least…

That can’t be all that ‘hefty’ of a job to do to the app?

SJ

1 Like

Despite what @UserCustomerGwen said about this eventually happening they really don’t seem to care. The votes and comments about leaving Wyze doesn’t seem to make a difference. They will just replace us with new disposable customers and the cycle will continue. Posting here is frustrating and apparently pointless. I have not purchased new equipment and as my existing equipment stops working I’ve replaced it with another brand, hopefully with a better customer service experience.
Happy Holiday’s everyone.

I haven’t bought any Wyze equipment for almost two years now. I’m done too. I just have my cams on full motion detector to fill up their AWS space for me. I used to buy them as gifts for people. I stopped that too. I told my daughter to throw hers away (she did & went with Eufy).

Oh, and when was the last time ANY Wyze rep was on this thread? Gwen hasn’t been here in a year or two.

1 Like

crickets I feel a bit betrayed tbh …

This one two? And I thought it was just dark mode…

Guess Wyze has a reputation of either forgetting or ignoring their customers. I’ve seen a lot of people say that they use the Wyze app on their for baby cams and etcetera, so it’s surprising the company is waiting this long to do anything about it.

Heard some comments about this feature being in “beta?” To be honest, no feature should be in a beta stage for more than a year unless there are seriously hard to fix problems with it.

That’s it from me for now,
– Fishy

@UserCustomerGwen can we at least get an acknowledgment that you have read this suggestion?

And a simple NO, or YES to the request?

Thank you for your time.

SJ

1 Like

Good luck, thanks for keeping this request alive. Wyze is likely hoping it withers on the vine. Remarkable that I first requested this 3+ years ago.

Let’s stop and think about the character of Wyze. They say “it will take a complete redesign to implement landscape mode.”
Yet…they can churn out cheap hardware every few months.
So, software for an app is more difficult to design and implement than a robot vacuum, doorbell, thermometer, or smart scale?

Does that mean the app software developers are not very smart (compared to the software devs for the hardware)?

Or does wyze outsource app dev or hardware dev?

Either way, Gwen & company don’t give a [Mod Edit] about this thread any more (or those of us spending time venting on it).

If you’re new here, cut your losses and go with different hardware. Those of us invested a little more than 1 or 2 cameras, it’s a little like Hotel California… we can never leave.

At this point in the game, even if Wyze did implement landscape support, I won’t ever buy more wyze equipment. I’ve passed up a lot of Wyze pieces in the last 2-3 years and would rather suffer the wrath of an irritated wife who wants convenience, than give Wyze any more money.

MOD NOTE: Post edited to conform to the Community Guidelines.