Landscape View For Tablets

How have they been “clear”? You mean by ignoring us?
Maybe we should all send the request to customer service at the same time.

2 Likes

If on Linkedin, send msg to the CEO. Good suggestion I saw previously on this forum.

1 Like

Well yeah, exactly, that’s pretty clear. They’ve said they would like to do it but it’s harder than expected, or something like that. After a while a person has to take the hint and move on.

1 Like

Just being silly here, but everyone sending a support ticket at once made me have this goofy thought…

Flash mob, WYZE parking lot, we all break out in interpretive dance… the dance of the landscape view.

4 Likes

You’re unfortunately right, from a strictly CFO perspective. From a Business perspective you miss the boat. Without a vocal, highly motivated early adopter base, small companies are apt to lose headway and then flounder. Great companies start by listening, and reacting to their dedicated base.

2 Likes

Mysterious people, the Chinese

Desire comes before change… I don’t see desire in Wyze’s plans. By The Way, there are many more that a few hundred folks who advocated for landscape viewing capability

1 Like

Type the letter, Do a screen capture, turn it sideways and send it to him. Maybe that will get the idea across?

2 Likes

It’s now March 25th 2021. Planning carefully? That post was 6 months ago. It’s really hard to believe that thousands if not millions of other apps and developers have been able to make this change, but not Wyze. Did you follow none of apples guidelines? Did you custom write everything instead of using the API? How can this be unsolvable after 6 months?

1 Like

:+1:t2:Let’s Let’s use the tactics of cancel culture but do the opposite. Everyone post on social media and send picture to CEO.

Obviously ranting on Wyze Community site not working.

Cheers,

MARK
Sent using an email account :grimacing:

1 Like

I’m fairly new to the Wyze product line after just finishing adding six V3 cams to my house. I thought I must be doing something wrong on my IPad since it won’t rotate into landscape mode. Now I see this has been an ongoing issue for three years. How difficult can it be to make this happen? This is the app they use across all Wyze devices. I don’t get it.

3 Likes

Action requires recognition Wyze doesn’t recognize this need

2 Likes

Mine works fine in landscape except for the video doorbell… Android user.

What people are referring to in the thread here is app-wide landscape mode on tablets, i.e. Home screen, menu screens, etc. Full screen video can be played back in landscape if tablet rotated properly, but for all menu screens you must rotate tablet, iPad in my case, to portrait mode, every time, even if keyboard attached, etc. I believe I was the one who first asked for this to be corrected 3+ years ago, when added to the Wishlist. FWIW … I have a physical disability that makes it difficult to pick up and rotate the tablet every single time. Growing old(er) waiting for this to be addressed. @UserCustomerGwen

2 Likes

Thanks for your contribution to this thread.

My [non-wyze camera] also works on the ipad in landscape more. See how valuable this information is?

1 Like

WyzeGwendolyn used to at least placate us with corporate drivel every so often. She hasn’t been on his thread since Oct 2020. It’s now end of March 2021 … six months of effectively ignoring everyone here. But hey they have new products. /sarc

Wyze doesn’t give a $h!t about landscape for the cameras. They have your money already.

2 Likes

I wonder if Eufy (2k, $35 to $40 cameras) has landscape mode.

1 Like

What about batteries?
Wyze outdoor and the Arlos (though expensive BUT its app supports landscape on ipads) use batteries.

I posted on @Wizecam at their Twitter page. Someone will respond. Someone did on Feb 25 2021. But there is no escalation yet. They respond quick on Twitter…

1 Like

Keep us posted.

3 days ago I sent msgs to Zhang (ceo) and few others via Linked in.
My msg waz a screen shot sideways. So if they are on a PC, fun times flipping the monitor. So far no response. Not that i was expecting any.

2 Likes