Issue with the Turn Camera on button

Does anyone else have issues with the camera on & off button located in the app, but before you actually click on the camera your wanting to view?? I have uploaded photos to show what I am talking about. If camera is off and I hit the button in top right corner it will show as on, but then once you click the screen to view live footage it still says camera is off. Yet if the camera is on and I click that button it does shut off the camera. Just irritating and would like to know why it’s happening. TIA

1 Like

Are you on android or iOS? I am on iOS and I don’t see an on off button in the corner. The only place I see it is on the homepage. Also what app are you running. Are you running a beta app or the production app? This is very curious to me

1 Like

I’m on IOS also and just tried the button. Works as it should both ways. Off to on and back again.
What App version are you running?

1 Like

My on off button works correctly but I don’t see it in the corner of the screen was my question. I only see it on the home screen. iOS app version 2.8.20

1 Like

I’ve never seen the on button in the upper right corner like that on any of my cams before either. It doesn’t show up on iOS or Android for me. :thinking:

2 Likes

Hey everyone, ok so I am using an android it’s a Galaxy J7 to be exact and my husband has a Galaxy Note 5 and it looks the same on both phones. Also the app version I have from Wyze is their latest version 4.9.5.98 it isnt a beta version just what is downloaded from google play and updated when Wyze sends me a notification that updates are available.

2 Likes

Ahh, see I am on iOS that’s probably the difference in apps. Issue solved

Oh and not sure if it makes a difference but I am using the V2 cam

1 Like

I think I misunderstood the initial question. The on/off button on IOS is under the “More” selection. Android I don’t know about.

1 Like

Yeah that’s exactly what I was thinking I was confused too I think it’s a difference between iOS and android. Just an app difference nothing more

To be more specific, the button I am speaking of is in the top right corner BEFORE you click on cam your wanting to view live footage of. So basically if I am on the home screen of my phone and then click to open Wyze app it shows the button in the right corner. It’s like it is a quick access for camera to be turned On or Off. Which is great, but if my camera is already off and I hit that button in the corner, it will turn blue and say On (like shown in pic) but then I hit the actual picture (of my living room) to view the footage it still says device is turned off (like 2nd pic shown). That button has no issue in turning the camera Off, only when trying to turn it On. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app and look in all the setting options but I am wondering if this is just a malfunction or am I the only one that has this issue?

1 Like

I can not replicate that screen. I’m not sure what to tell you. Here are my home screen and screen once a camera is selected. On/off never in corner.

@Mavens can you help?

How much time is it between you ‘turning on’ the cam via the button and going into the next screen to look at it?

1 Like

@WyzeJasonJ, I have waited anywhere from 15 seconds too, almost 3 hours after hitting the button. I first noticed the issue when I left home yesterday in a hurry and just hit the button in the corner thinking that it would turn on, I had been gone about 3 hours and opened the app to check on my dog and realized it had never turned on at all.

1 Like

OK that rules out my initial thought that you were going into it before it actually had a chance to turn on. It is hard for me to run any tests because the version I am using does not have that specific ‘on’ button located there. I would recommend contacting support about this and see what they can do.

Also the version 4.9.5.98 is the firmware version, could you tell me the app version you are running, you can find this by clicking on ‘account’ at the bottom of the app, scroll all the way down and click ‘about’ and you will see a version number.

3 Likes

I use android and I have never seen a button on that part of the screen for that function before. that is most interesting.

3 Likes

@WyzeJasonJ v2.8.24 & thank you for the help!

2 Likes

I would say that you seem to be isolated in this except for your statement that your husband has the same display issue.
I’m thinking this might be one to reach out to Wyze Support on. It seems to be isolated to you and your husband but maybe someone else has reported it and Support can help.
Please keep us updated if you decide to pursue that route.

2 Likes

I have Android too but the old app v2.7.19. I have never seen that button before on the camera screen. Did you try to uninstall and reinstall the app or downgrade back to the old app?

3 Likes

Do you only have one camera installed? This may explain why the on/off button appears in the right corner. Most everyone else has multiple cameras and products installed. I only see one camera installed in the pic you shared in the OP on the home tab.

3 Likes