Introducing Wyze Cam Floodlight! - 11/9/21

Guess mine is going back…i wanted the option to turn off the cam , but still just have the floodlight work
… maybe I’ll try the wasserstien wyze floodlight instead…not so good reviews on that one though

1 Like

So basically you’re talking about a rule to do what you want that is not available now.
If you turn off " Motion is detected by camera " then the camera no longer will detect motion only the PIR sensor will detect motion

I’m not sure you would be able to do exactly what you want to do with the wasserstien either.
Good Luck

Just turn off the camera, like any other in the app.

I reset everything an atleast got it to stop turning the light on when I go to the camera, unless I click the light.
also got cam plus to knock it off with vehicle notifications, there is like to places you have to turn that off.

Still cannot get it to just detect motion only on PIR. There is literally a check box for that. yet every shadow and car light sets off the light.
going to do the detection zone and not highlight anything. so far its not come on, but traffic is thin due to being so late.

Did you go into the PIR sensor settings?
You should play around with the PIR settings , close , far , maybe turn it too close a little more , you can also turn off or on each individual PIR sensor if you don’t want detection from one side or the other or middle area

yes I got into that. Just appears when day light that is not active. However, some of the other stuff working better have complete reset, will see tomorrow if its going to work… if it does, I am gonna love this thing.

2 Likes

15s, 30s, 1m, 3m, 5m, 10m, 15m

Corrected to include all times.

What app version are you using?
Timer settings refers to how long the light stays on after motion has stopped

So I bought two at HD on launch day, was wondering if there was any way to buy a launch sticker for this to go with all my other stickers?

After having this for one day. This product is garbage.
Every car head light shining as it sent by all night long gave motion event. No matter how I set rhe camera. Even with detection zone and leaving the entire area grey. Then the neighbors leave after sun rise and nothing no motion event. As I said this is just and over priced bracket and power supply for a v3. I cannot believe this flashes of light freak this thing out and real motion did nothing. Anyone on here beta test this. This might work okay inside the house but not outside

3 Likes

You seem to know exactly what you want in a cam floodlight. Yet you didn’t find any wyze documentation that it did what you wanted. You didn’t wait for others to post their experience on the forum. You ran off to homedepot to buy some. And now since the floodcam didn’t meet your expectations it’s wyze’s problem.

Take the floodcams back to homedepot and get a refund. search for a product that documents it meets you expectations.

1 Like

you will require a 110v circuit to power the whole unit (both floodlights and camera )

if you add an extra camera that can be powered by the from the main unit. There is not an external power supply to plug it into it needs to be hard wired to a box like most other floodlights.

1 Like

[Mod Edit]

Wyze advertised the product and sold the product. IT DOESN’T DO WHAT THE IT IS SUPPOSED TO

[Mod Edit]

MOD NOTE: Post edited to conform to the Community Guidelines.

1 Like

I buy tons of different electronics of various types from multiple manufactuers. If I know that I’m not buying something as a toy, I never buy the product unless the product documentation clearly states it will do what I want, the product reviews are favorable, and forum postings look good.

You seem to know exactly what you want in a cam floodlight. Yet you didn’t find any wyze documentation that it did what you wanted. You didn’t wait for others to post their experience on the forum. You ran off to homedepot to buy some. And now since the floodcam didn’t meet your expectations it’s wyze’s problem.

Take the floodcams back to homedepot and get a refund. search

+1

Good for you. At least I came to their forums and talked about the problems so they can fix them, before I go straight to my YouTube review of this. Most of the problems can be fixed with a firmware or software update

1 Like

I set my motion to be triggered by the PIR sensor and then reduced the distance to about 65%

I also set the sensitivity to low I have had my unit running for 3+ months not and with these setting in my situation runs perfectly

I must say that if you are running at 100% and high sensitivity my floodlight was going on and off even triggered by rain.

1 Like

Requires 110v

Yes but… you seem hostile. , calling it garbage, doesn’t seem like an unbiased review of your experience. And one night of fiddling with the settings is hardly a test trial… ice fiddled with pir floodlights for 3 or for days before