Illuminate the night with Wyze Night Light - 5/25/21

This is a thread about night lights. For other products it is best to check the Wishlist and Roadmap sections of the forum.

In your case, you can vote for Air Purifiers in the first link below, and take an interest survey that was started in April at the second link.

Good luck!

3 Likes

Understand that the lights will stay on for 15sec after motion stops. Can this timing be configurable? Most night lights have this issue that it turns off too fast and then turn on again which can be disturbing to others family members. I would prefer if we can keep it on for 5 mins after motion stops.

The opposite issue appeared when the floor lamp was introduced - ordering multiples did not produce any savings on shipping, so why bother? Wait and see if it’s good, then order another or more later at the same cost/unit.

Shipping options needn’t be either/or. Some bulky products will always cost more to ship, but it should still be possible to consolidate orders to save a bit. Smaller items should certainly have the option of multiple items in one shipment at substantial savings. It’s not rocket science and it is an integral critical part of any eCommerce venture. It might be boring to the creative types, but without it - nada!

1 Like

Excellent point.

I wish these connected to the app, so you can set times they will activate with motion. I have a hallway that is typically dark, but don’t want the light to activate during the day…any chance of setting times + dark + motion to activate?

1 Like

I’m mystified as to what advantage these lights might have over cheaper, readily-available battery or plug-in LED night lights, like the ones I have had in my kitchen and hallway for years.

I think some of the Wyze products are very clever and offer features usually only available on more expensive products, but these don’t really do that.

Hopefully for WYZE’s sake, most of us don’t agree with your assessment. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Advantage over plug-in night lights - These can be placed where ever you want, regardless of available receptacles.

Advantage over other batter powered lights - These are rechargeable, rather then using disposable batteries. (Of course you might also purchase rechargeable batteries to replace the disposable ones in other lights)

But the biggest advantage is the fact that these can be linked together… so in a longer hallway or stairway, when one detects motion, all the units activate to light up the entire pathway.

Apologies if I missed it on my quick searches, but when do these anticipate to be shipping for pre-orders? I ordered right after the email alert for the initial offering, and I’m excited to get these in place.

Thanks,

July is the last word I heard.

1 Like

It’s almost mid-July, any updates on shipping the night lights? I did a quick search through the forum, and I didn’t see an update (could have missed one).

Thanks

From the latest preorder shipping update email:

Wyze Night Light

These haven’t started shipping yet.
Wyze Night Light orders are set to start shipping in August. I’ll have more specific dates for your order(s) once shipping has begun.

Notes for Wyze Night Light
We’re still estimating August to start getting these guys out to you! Our first shipment leaves for the US today, and we’ll continue to track the lead time to see if we’re able to beat our estimates. Fingers crossed! :crossed_fingers:t4:

1 Like

From the intro to the message, I’m assuming an email was sent to pre-order customers. I haven’t received an email since placing the pre-order back in May (unless it was spammed, but others from Wyze are not?)

Thanks for the reply in the forum, and I’ll push out my expectations to August…

Thanks again.

Yeah, I’m not exactly sure who gets that weekly email. I assume it’s anyone with a pending pre-order shipment. Look in spam for “Jimmy from Wyze”. Since Wyze doesn’t, maybe we should just start posting these emails on the forum.

1 Like

It is kinda odd that everyone doesn’t get those updates. Figured it’s August, checked my email nothing new, checked the order page on the official wyze site, nothing. Then checking here and finding out the news.

Honestly I don’t mind waiting its not a big deal. But this selective notification is pretty janky IMO

1 Like

What news?

You can subscribe to product announcements in your app by going to the Account tab > Notifications > Email Notifications > Promotional.

1 Like

So newshound you’re saying for me to see that my order which said would arrive in July, that the reason it’s not here yet and we’re in August I have to sign up for the promotional news newsletter?

Sorry, thought you were talking about the original news message here.

agree 100%

I don’t mind waiting, I’ve gotten rather used to the “disappointment” lately with Covid delays and such, but some communication and or an update on the order or on the website would be nice.

We’re now at the end of August, and no new word.