Illuminate the night with Wyze Night Light - 5/25/21

dimmable?

The FAQ seems to imply there is nothing to prevent us from just leaving them plugged in like other night lights. The difference is that these allow us to limit them to only shine when dark, when there is motion, sync them together and not REQUIRE being plugged in (but still allow it), and still be more affordable than nearly every other night light out there, and definitely more than any nightlight with all of those options. I’d say that’s all pretty hard to beat. I would side with these being a market disrupter for the type of category they are in.

Still, it would’ve been nice if the “auto” function was split up a little bit. I might want the lights to just be on whenever it is dark, but not want them limited to only when there is motion too. I know this makes them last longer on battery, but if I left some of them plugged in, I wouldn’t care about the motion option. Still, overall it is an awesome product for particular use cases.

1 Like

What is the “Has been clear for” interval? Basically, how many seconds or minutes do these stay lit up for (before turning off again) when they sense motion?

Also, for groups, if any sensor in the group senses motion we know they all turn on, but I assume these also work together so that if any sensor in the group has recently sensed motion within that same “has been clear for” interval that they all remain on until none of them have sensed motion for that entire time interval. Is that correct? Or are they all set to shut off every 30 seconds (or whatever the interval is) no matter what, even if another in the group sensed motion recently?

(As a side note, I wish we could get V2 motion sensor groups to work automation rules this way…set up a motion sensor group then have a rule that says: if any sensor in the group senses motion turn on the lights; then only turn off the lights if ALL sensors in the group have been clear for 10 minutes…but if any sensor in the group has detected motion in the last 10 minutes then the lights still stay on…right now we can only use individual sensors for rules and it makes it harder to do automation for large rooms that need multiple sensors)

1 Like

I ordered a set. I currently have 3 LED motion sensor light bars magnetically mounted. One in the kitchen, one on the mirror of our master bathroom, one above the toilet in our guest bathroom.

I am recharging the kitchen one at least once a week. The regular lighting in the master bathroom is strong enough that the light there does not activate if the lights are on. But, it sensor does pick up movement very well so we keep the bathroom door closed.

I am hoping these will provide enough light and just need to be recharged every month or two.

I am kind of disappointed that these are not designed to integrate with the Wyze platform or in any way be connected to a smart home ecosystem.

1 Like

The will stay on for 15 seconds after motion has stopped

3 Likes

I couldnt see this on the FAQ so am asking here.

What protocol do the devices use to communicate with each other? It says they arent wifi connected or app enabled, so assuming they use BLE?

How does the signalling protocol work between devices? do they send ‘motion on’ and ‘motion off’? is there any way they could potentially be integrated into a smart home? e,g, if one could program the correct payload to send via BLE (or whatever comms mechanism it uses), could the lights be triggered manually?

thanks~

Ordered a set as I’m sick of adding AAAs to the set of motion sensor magnet nightlights I have now. I assume that like the floor lamp, these lights don’t connect to the app, and can’t be triggered by events from other Wyze products. No problem…just understanding.

I have been trying to order the night lights all day with no luck. I get to the shipping page click continue & all I see is a black & white rectangle changing colors. Looks like the order page freezes up from too many orders.
Mike

I just ordered 6 simply because they don’t need to be plugged in. Thanks

@WyzeTeam @UserCustomerGwen

An interesting thing I noticed with this launch as compared to others is how the free shipping related to my decision and Wyze purchasing habits here.

Normally when I want to order a new launch item, I will consider ordering multiples all at once or check and see if there is anything else I might want to buy at the same time because before it seemed like when I ordered a lot all at once, I’d get reduced shipping costs compared to ordering them all separately…so while I’m placing an order, I’d try to order other stuff too in order to reduce my shipping costs.

Now that shipping is all included and the price won’t change, I told myself I can just order a single pack to start with and I can always order more later separately.

Out of habit I also started thinking about where else I need more motion or contact sensors so I could include them in this order while I was at it…and then remembered that it wouldn’t make any difference to the shipping price now so it was okay to procrastinate and order them separately later when I finish figuring it out and am really ready for them.

In the end, if shipping wasn’t included in the price, I probably would’ve ordered 2-3 sets of these now, as well as a few more contact and motion sensors, but since there was no incentive to order in bulk, I just ordered 1 now.

On the other hand, the end result will probably be the same in my case. I will probably still order a couple more of these and will get more contact and motion sensors in the next month or so. It’s just interesting to see how I felt no rush to order everything RIGHT NOW like I usually do at new launches.

If I were Wyze I’d have a statistician/business analyst run an analysis on your purchase history and see if there is a discernable pattern with people’s purchasing habits and differences with this launch compared to previous launches.

I know Wyze is considering offering slight discounts for bulk orders in the future to make up for this phenomenon I described above. From a business perspective, I would say this is a smart idea as I definitely noticed that not having a bulk order small incentive (as there used to be) made a difference in my decision this time. -Just friendly insight from another business owner.

3 Likes

Do you have plans to offer colors? As red doesn’t stress your eyes like white does a soft red would be a big plus.

1 Like

These appear to be pretty solidly in the “warm white” range at 2700k.
Actual red night lights aren’t something that I think is common at all. More of a specialty item for black and white darkrooms or people like astronomers.
New studies seem to be showing that eliminating the blue light doesn’t actually do anything for you anyway.

Still can not order acts like the website is locked.
Mike

As a former Navy person I know the red light doesn’t mess up your night vision like white light. That’s why all Naval vessels use red lights at night.

I have night lights now that have the ability to change to different colors.

Hope some day these offer color options.

How many seconds they stay ON??Can u change time for light stay ON???

They will stay on for 15 seconds after motion has stopped

3 Likes

Ah yes, that red glow at night is very familiar to this Navy vet as well. Best for night vision but of course it as also for daily Darken ship since red light doesn’t carry as well over distance, especially out the bridge windows.

1 Like

Looks like something i will use

Just ordered a pack. Now i can free up the protest in my bathroom. :+1:Wyze

we have 5 Rabbit Air air purifiers, they do a good job. any plans for one from Wyze?

1 Like