I Have A Serious Security Issue

I have been having the same issues. I am paying for person detection and my cameras are not even recording any event. There were people and a truck in front of my driveway with the people out of the truck doing something at the end of my driveway and my camera which covers the whole area picked up nothing even though it notifies me all day long of random cars roling through my cul de sac. This morning my neighbor told me I had a huge coyote wandering around in my driveway at 530 am. My camera hadn’t picked anything up since 230am - headlights. I’m super frustrated. I feel like these used to work better than they do now.

3 Likes

I purchased the camera for security reasons. Twice I’ve had security issues and either the camera wasn’t working at all or nothing was showing. I’m constantly having to reboot, turn off,unplug,reinstall…very tired and frustrated!

1 Like

Face it, these cameras are toys and not for real security.

1 Like

I have no idea what this means. What double posting? People are quoted only when someone chooses to do so (as I have quoted you here). The only exception I can think of is the posts marked “Solution” that are appended to the first post.

1 Like

If you don’t understand what he was saying them you don’t understand. The analogy is clear. Remove your bias and rethink it.

I had one that constantly dropped off and had to be re booted, it was my farthest cam. About 37ft from router. I upgraded my router and have never had another single issue.

I think he may be referring to posts in their own category and also in New Posts.

1 Like

Sounds like it belongs in the trash just like their thermostat.

1 Like

I don’t have any bias at all and things have since been clarified. In fact, bias (or if you prefer life experiences) had to be applied in order to get the proper meaning from the words that were quoted. I now see where he was coming from. Have a great day.

Have you ever accessed the camera via the app when you were traveling in another time zone?

Thank you! I have been so extremely frustrated! The phone number is a real find!

1 Like

Thank you, angus.black!

1 Like

Huh? Are you speaking to me?

No. You can see who a post is reponding to by tapping the small icon at the top right of the post.
You should see your own at the top right of this post.

1 Like

Yes. Actually, the camera was working decently until 8/9 mos. ago. Could switching to a new phone have something to do with it?

I’ve just seen weird behavior when accessing across timezones. It’s like it confuses the camera or something. However many timezones away you were, check that many hours ahead/behind to see if the video is there instead. I just can’t believe that the video isn’t in there somewhere.

I rarely switch phones so I can’t say about any problems that may introduce.

2 Likes

I use tinycam - my cameras get recorded in 10-minute segments to Dropbox (there are many other cloud options) with no SD cards installed. Much more reliable than the Wyze software. It’s so much easier scrubbing through videos on my PC than in the app, and I still get the Wyze “event” videos.

2 Likes

Your advice:
“If you carry that [cheap aśś] pistol for personal defense you are going to die! Period!”

My advice:
“If you use a $20 camera for family security you are going to [consequence]… ! Period!”

He’s instructing people how to handle a firearm, not how to defend themselves, that’s a whole other chapter

1 Like

This happens with our cameras all the time. But only since they started their pay for service. You get what you pay for.

1 Like