Help Us Develop Our Doorbell Camera!

I wouldn’t trust an auto setting for an outdoor alarm. How would it distinguish between a thief and a kid selling Girl Scout cookies who happens to enter the alarm zone? Down here in FL you’d probably get sued for traumatizing a child. I guess if you live in a more isolated setting and legit visitors are a rare occurrence then fine, but that’s not a mass market. Most likely it’s something you could rig up.

1 Like

I see a lot of people have ring myself I have nest and it’s powered by the low voltage door bell wires and it’s also connected to the WiFi network. It also recognizes Familiar faces it records and saves to the cloud. I can watch it on my television using amazon and my echo. But I do believe that wyze can come up with a better one. Wide angle and stays online.

2 Likes

Half of the survey asks our age, gender, ethnicity and income … just curious how these factor into product development.

1 Like

They don’t. They factor into Product Marketing.

3 Likes

I agree completely with TheEggMan. Everything he says is spot on.

1 Like

Please have an option of micro sd card slot as well as hard wired. This provides stability and security.

5 Likes

Omg! Please let me test this? I’ll beg… :sunglasses:

1 Like

Here is the Beta Tester request form, if you haven’t filled it out already :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

@AdrianT and @wayneluke, that’s partially for marketing purposes but it’s also useful for us because we know if there are other groups of people we need to talk to because our survey sample is biased and what the most common use cases are going to be (single family home being a very common response compared to apartments, as an example) and that will help guide our development.

1 Like
1 Like

Bingo. Product marketing - generally drives product development. Need the demographics to know who might buy what.

I like the idea of using the peephole port to mount a cam - perfect view where it needs to be. plus I could see an inside module holding sufficient battery power, a SD card writer, a hub if necessary and maybe even a USB port for recharging the batteries easily like over night. It might allow for a slimmer outside section wither a bigger inside section for the bulk of the hardware. My only issue is that it os not worth $199 when I get most of what I need from a $20 device.

1 Like

K I think I did what I needed. Filled out all forms and downloaded all apps

2 Likes

@aprilsickler @ChemEngr - if you haven’t voted for it already, please hit the link below and have your voices heard :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I would like the option for USB charging /powered or charging /powered from existing wiring. Would like the wireless chime/ alarm to be a multiple Tones (possibly mp3 upload) chime that can also be used with other Wyze sensors. Nice to have a different chime for doors that open or close. Also like to have the chime triggers in IFTTT.

1 Like

The field of view needs to be wider than the Cams.
It needs to be black (not white)
Needs proper Google Assistant integration for the video Hub to work properly
My preference is wired and a slim/compact device
how about some snap on covers to change the colour (brass, silver, etc)

2 Likes

Personally we don’t need google integration, but sure, I can see others might want it. Obviously others will want other system integration. Anyway, the snap on cover option is a good idea - like that. Our front is white with brass hardware. Black or silver would sort of stick out like a sore thumb.

I have completed the survey.
One thing I would like to add is I would want Apple Homekit compatibility.
If it does Homekit compatible then I would not be buying.
Thanks
Jody

Agree with the remote chime ability. For me I can hear the chime in the house in most places, but I spend a lot of time in my garage shop and can’t hear the chime in the house. I also an in favor of dual-power option from doorbell transformer and/or batteries. And keeping the width of the device within the available mounting space for most is a good idea too.

Does any doorbell camera do HomeKit?

The support for HomeKit in the IOT space seems pretty sparse. Apple seems to have gone out of their way to make it difficult and expensive to support from the 3rd party side. They seem to have relaxed some of that in the last year or two, but because of their former attitude they have such a small market share that few 3rd party vendors seem interested in supporting them.

I wish it was not so as I’m bought into the Apple ecosystem, but that’s the reality at the moment. If I were waiting for HomeKit support for home automation I think about half the stuff I use would go away.

It seems that Amazon announced that they would support HomeKit on the Ring Doorbell at some point, back in May, but so far it hasn’t happened.