Greater Control Over Detection Zone Shape

I only have this available on 1 over 3 v2 I have. Firmware say all up to date but the y don’t have the same firmware.

It appears that when a motion event is triggered the whole frame of evaluated for AI events.

In the example photo if something in the detection zone triggers an event the AI notifies that a vehicle was detected even though the vehicle was not in a detection zone.

Suggest that AI detection is only applied to active detection zone. This would allow a user to mark an area they dont want processed such as the one in my case that has a parked car in it most of the time.

1 Like

So what was the movement that triggered the camera?

Today a person walked through the detection zone. But, I’ve also had it trigger because of shadows from the trees in the detection zone. The car hasnt moved in days.

The motion detection on the v3 is horrid, either everything triggers it or nothing does. I ended up having it continuously record to a chip and leverage my Blink cameras notify me of actual motion, then I check the saved video on the Wyze cams.
The motion detection used to be great on the v2’s but after firmware updates it is no longer accurate at all, with the v3 even worse. The only reason I am still using the v3’s is their great color night vision.

Wyze please fix your basic (non-subscription) motion detection. Please please pretty please.

I’m very disappointed to read this because I recently ordered a number of v3 cams to replace my v2 cams. Without motion detection that works the v3 cameras will be useless.

Mine does the same thing. I would much prefer that it only tells me about objects that are moving rather than all still objects that match their AI profile. Hopefully they’ll add that as an option for us at some point.

@UserCustomerGwen is this feature planned for the Wyze Cam v3? I don’t see a grid in detection settings for v3.

My photos are from a V3 camera. The grid detection zone is in beta right now.

1 Like

Need masks to block or redact some parts of the frame on all wyze cam models. I want to see my property but not my neighbours.

Also need custom motion zones on all wyze cam models. I want motion on my front porch, not the bushes and trees next to it.

The above will help save everyone time and money.

Around some of my doors, there are spots that detect pulsating led lights easily and will falsely detect motion because of it. The squares are a little big, so if I disable it in that certain area where the light is then it won’t be able to detect any actual motion going thru that door properly. Making the squares a bit smaller would definitely help with this issue.

1 Like

I had the same thoughts as I have similar issues. Or course if the squares were smaller they would require have the capability to zoom the grid as it would be a clumsy UI for a user to tap a small square. For now I’m just glad the grid is out for v3. I still don’t understand how the beta works as I have had the grid hardware update for awhile now but never a notice for the s/w beta update for grid until general release yesterday

How about the ability to draw detection zones freehand? I can just color in the areas that I don’t want or want like down to the tiniest flower or blade of grass. This would give you the ability to fine tune what’s gets detected and what doesn’t

3 Likes

Same applies two years later. Enjoying a beautiful day in South Florida. :sun_with_face: Still wondering about Wyze.

Wait, I’m in SoFlo and “beautiful” is definitely in the eye of the beholder! 90+ temps with humidity solidly in the misery zone don’t induce feelings of beauty in my eyes - normally they are too stung with sweat dripping if I attempt any outdoor chore. That off my chest…

ya, agree, don’t hold breath for any wishlist request. It’s clear Wyze does only what they can monetize. However, a free upgrade to a finely granular method of detection zone would be highly desirable to help minimize the ridiculous number of motion notifications for tree leaves and palm fronds and shadows waving in the breeze. Since my camlite it screwed up, I cannot select only pd notifications so my only option is to put sensitivity down to 20 ish which also limits actual desired motion detection. I’ve seen other brands offer ability to drag multiple polygon shapes in multiple screen locations to best focus on the desired areas. In my case, I might not be able to get rid of all nuisance areas, but a finer grain selection would improve the situation. On my front cam, if I try to eliminate the street out front to avoid the school buses and trash pickups, I also lose the sidewalk and part of my front lawn so would miss the dog walker failing to pickup. Anyway, my guess is Wyze is trying to figure out how to add these wish list things to camplus premium or come up with camplus silver, gold, diamond, etc to monetize these things.

1 Like

I hear you. True. Any outdoor chore is followed by a jump in my pool. AC is a life-saving essential requirement.

got no idea how any non-natives survived before refrigeration down here - some tough people!

My family has been here since 1774. We only know the difference when we go on vacation. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Totally agree, it takes centuries to acclimate😉 I’m from New England and my wife is from Toronto area, she got relocated for work about 10 yrs ago. Now retired we hope to find some middle ground with mild winters and more moderate summers than here. Also less congested, in Maine I had acres of buffer. We fortunately had a good realtor that found us a guard gated community that’s surrounded by water so only has one road access so we are somewhat isolated from the crime that surrounds us. One community down has open street access and is always dealing with mail theft, car thefts, etc. I got the wyze cam just to be able to watch the front area for uninvited people just in case.

1 Like

The latest Wyze Cam V2 firmware (1851) reverted the detection zone back to the box. Can someone put the grids back?

1 Like