Greater Control Over Detection Zone Shape

I am not sure that they would give a commitment, but they are usually fairly transparent. They have commented in the thread a few times, but the most telling thing is that this topic has switched from a ‘maybe-later’ to ‘researching’ within the last 2 weeks. This does mean they are now actively looking at it and realize it is a much wanted feature.

4 Likes

I have a camera with this feature and I like it very much. :+1:

Jason pretty much covered this for me but I appreciate you reaching out. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you both. Love your photo Gwendolyn.

Bruce

3 Likes

Hey, thanks! :smiley:

1 Like

I believe the way Ring does it with their doorbells is a great example of what everyone wants. IMO

1 Like

Right now you have a Stella product, with the lack of multiple zones being the Achilles heel, reducing the usefulness of the overall solution.

For the Wyze cameras can you enhance the motion detection zone, to be more adjustable or have multiple zones. This would help reduce false positives, also saving queries to cloud people / motion detection.
Reading this thread, it looks like many are interested.

Thank you for your consideration and a great product + support!

3 Likes

Would like the ability to Invert the detection zone so instead of marking only the area i want it to detect i could mark only the area i dont want it to detect. The reason for this would be to block out a tv or a fan from being picked up as motion.

4 Likes

I like that.

Would love to have multiple detection zones. I think a grid solution that allows multiple cells to be selected would be the most straightforward implementation.

4 Likes

New to this topic as I keep getting annoying notifications from the road that I would rather not get but can’t without losing a third from the area I want to cover. Happy to see that this topic was started years back and now is in the state of researching. For me it would be as simple as have the flexibility to choose the positions of the 4 corners of the detection box. By reading few of the comments left in the thread, I believe giving the flexibility to add few corners to create a polygon would be the best solution for most. Hopefully we will get something soon.

1 Like

This app really sucks -the entry screen for content is under the keypad so I can’t see what I am typing. Why did the detection zone tool change? You used to be able to selct a thin slice at the bottom of the screen, but since the last update the smallest slice you can select is about half the height of the screen. Lots of triggers from cars going by.

2 Likes

I would love the ability to select more than one area for motion detection. For example, my camera is on my front porch and oversees the whole porch area and all the way down my sidewalk to the street. But my flag is always setting off the motion detection whenever the wind blows a little. So I would like to be able to select an area on the porch and also an area out on the sidewalk for the motion detection to be triggered.

2 Likes

wow, just tried to setup detection zones
Wyze’s approach is a JOKE when it comes to choosing your “trigger” area
4 points that don’t move independently

it makes this function absolutely useless for most
my street come in at an angle, how is a single box or rectangle useful ?

Wyze needs Polygon, multi-point, at least 6 points that can be adjusted independently
had i known, i would have opted for a different cam,
luckily these things are $27

anyone know if eufy works like this? i doubt it (i will soon find out) :slight_smile:

1 Like

4 corners, WITH INDEPENDENT ADJUSTMENT would be great
but you really need a minimum of 6 points, or more.
Or you need 2 levels of zone adjustment

why, why, why does it take years to make this app work the way it should from DAY 1?
no excuses, fire the app developers, code writers, and hire new ones

2 Likes

8 points independent of each other

Can this be so hard to implement for skilled app developers?

2 Likes

You are being harsh for no reason. You must understand that there are priorities. The devs probably are working on something else, that the company has decided to have a higher importance.
Hopefully since this topic has started to get more and more traction, they will raise the priority on this and create the solution we all desire.
Wyze team, we know you can do it and hopefully you will soon

2 Likes

I would appreciate being able to set a smaller detection zone. It seems like it used to allow a smaller size in the past.

Stating the facts is not being harsh
Just telling it like it is so…sometimes the truth hurts

I think detection zones should be at the top of the priority list, from day 1

Stay safe everyone!!!

from my 

1 Like