Glass Breakage Detection On Wyze Cameras

A real alarm system grade Glass Breakage Detector listens for the sound of glass breakage like noises, and it also has a pressure sensor to detect a change in the rooms air pressure.

The noise alone will not trigger unless it coincides with the pressure change.

1 Like

Of all of the feature requests on this forum, this one seems like it offers the greatest benefit for improving home security (and not merely convenience) while at the same time should be one of the easiest to implement.

Wyze already has an AI-based event detection framework that works on sounds. That was the hard part. This is just a new class of event.

Wyze, please prioritize this over the myriad of convenience features you’ve been rolling out lately. Your priorities are misplaced. Home break-ins through windows are commonplace, and right now your customers are vulnerable.

2 Likes

I just updated to the latest firmware on my Cam V3 and Smart Hub, and was happy to see Audio Events in beta under Smart Events in the camera settings! Definitely a step in the right direction.

Unfortunately Wyze decided to prioritize barking and meowing events over glass breaking events. Go figure.

1 Like

Just noticed this too in the sound events beta as an option.

Not available though on latest Wyze Pan or Wyze OG cameras, Hopefully will be added to these other cams as well!

Why is it that this feature request seems to be getting no attention from Wyze? It’s an actual security feature.

Instead, their focus seems to be on usability and lifestyle enhancements. Do any Wyze owners have a greater need to be informed of dog barking and cat meowing “events” than glass breakage? (I’m holding out hope that these beta events are just placeholders put in for testing the event detection functionality as a whole.)

2 Likes