Give users control over notification frequency

I would like the option to specify a minimum time between notifications. For example, no more than one motion notification every 15 minutes. So if a motion notification is sent, the app will not send another notification for 15 minutes (or 10, 30, 60 minutes, etc.).

This functionality should not affect event detection or recording, only notifications. And please, let the user determine the frequency; don’t try to choose it for us.

I see a lot of complaints about too many notifications, and the functionality that I’m requesting is a simple (and really obvious) solution.

I’m using the cam pan to detect if someone breaks into my home. I just need one timely notification that motion was detected (or that a fire alarm went off, etc.). I don’t need a notification every 5 minutes, because when I’m home I get way too many notifications.

The workarounds on the support site are to reduce sensitivity or turn off some notifications (e.g., sound); however, using these workarounds can lead to missed detections. Also, I don’t like turning off notifications during specific times of day, because then I have to remember to turn them back on if my schedule changes (e.g., going out of town). I just want a throttle on the number of notifications.

MODERATOR NOTE:

**Your submission has been merged (see below). For future reference, please search the #wishlist and #roadmap categories before submitting a new #wishlist topic.

Use these links to search:
Search the Wishlist
Search the Roadmap
(Enter your search term after wishlist/roadmap)

Please read through How to use the Wishlist and How to read the Roadmap

You can now hop on over to the merged topic (see below) and VOTE for it. For your vote to count, you must click the VOTE button at the top of the page.

=======================

A post was merged into an existing topic: Customize Notifications/Alert Frequency (Longer cool down period)