Fix-It Friday 8/5/22

Hi Jason: How do you explain this?: Ever since FW version 4.25.1.060 is “re-opened to the public after review” on 7/28/22, our VDB has not stuck on 3/3. Prior to 7/28/22, it used to get stuck multiple times on 3/3 everyday. Has there been changes to the “authentication software” somewhere at the back end server?

1 Like

There have been no changes to the back end. They reopened .060 (which was not affecting everyone, but was many) then they sent .090 to beta, this has helped many people but some are still having the connection issues and we are looking into those logs now to see if we can make some further progress on the issue.

4 Likes

Sorry your having an issue with these IR lights, but this is not the place for support. Have you already gone through support and decided the IR lights were faulty? Check the advanced settings for the cam.

None of my electrical plugs are working properly. Neither wyze app, Google hub, or Alexa recognize any of them. Been 2 months. Worthless. All indoor cameras are great though

Hi, everybody! :smile:

We have a new batch of updates for you! And if you have experienced issues with your Wyze Video Doorbell connecting after a modem or router reboot, please make sure you read the log callout! Here’s what we have for you this week:

Forum - Wyze Plugs have disappeared as trigger and action options in Alexa Routines :electric_plug:

We’re still waiting to hear back from Alexa about this one (just like the plugs, we suppose). We’ll let you know when we get a response!

Core - Light socket is set to only come on with motion at night but also turns on during the day :bulb:

We have a fix for this in beta! Please give it a try and let us know how it goes. And in the meantime, we’ve identified a workaround! If you’re experiencing this, please try changing the lamp socket settings from “motion is detected in the dark” to another setting and then switch it back. That should refresh the setting and fix the issue.

Reddit - Some notifications are getting pinned and highlighted with a green color and do not clear by swiping :green_square:

We’re looking into this but we’re not quite sure what’s happening yet. This has been reported to the developers in case it’s something we can adjust on our side.

Discord - Wyze Home Monitoring keypad shows low battery even after the batteries have been replaced :low_battery:

No further updates on this one. We’re looking into it! We’ll let you know if we have any questions later.

Let’s Take a Look at Some Previous Submissions

Wyze Video Doorbell and Wyze Cam v3 fail to reconnect for days after a modem/router reboot. Other Wyze devices reconnect within hours.

We’re still working on these! If you experience this with Wyze Video Doorbell, please send in logs using the following process:

Recreate the issue then open up Account > Wyze Support > Submit a Log. Select your device from the dropdown menu, write a description of the problem with the date, time, and time zone that it occurred, and then make sure that the Send Log option is selected. Send that log to us and post the log number here as a reply, please!

Wyze Air Purifier goes offline often

We’ve released 1.0.9 to the public! How is the connectivity going? If you have any issues with it still, please speak up! Otherwise, we’ll stop updating on this issue and consider it resolved.

Wyze Air Purifier Insights graph is not updating when expected :chart_with_upwards_trend:

No further updates for this one so here’s the one from last week: We’re still on track for the 2.35 app update for this one so we’re looking at next month or the following month for it to be available for everyone. Please keep in mind that this timeline is subject to change, so please take this estimate with a grain of salt.

Wyze Video Doorbell is getting stuck on 3/3 instead of displaying the live stream :three:

We are working on QA for a new firmware build that is intended to improve this issue further. We’ll keep you posted!

Audio out of sync on saved videos

We’re looking into reports from one person about audio still being out of sync. But so far, everything else is showing signs of improvement. We’ll keep you in the loop!

Cameras appear offline in the app, though they are online and viewable

We’re not seeing issues reported with this from our beta testers! The beta firmware is looking pretty promising. Are you a beta tester still experiencing this? If so, please let us know now!

Attempting to view microSD card Playback when viewing an Event from a Wyze notification results in the, “No microSD card installed in camera” error :floppy_disk:

No further updates for this one at the moment. We have a bug fix in the 2.34 app about to enter beta testing. Currently, the Playback button is grayed out in the Events tab without a license attached to the camera. We’re super sorry about that and are working to fix it quickly! Once that is resolved, we’ll remove this entry from the update list.

Thank you for your time! Have a great week and we’ll see you next time for your Fix-It Friday follow-up.

7 Likes

Is this going to become a daily spam thing or remain a Friday email

Since you posted on this topic, your settings in the forum default to “Watching” and send you an email any time there is a new post to the thread.

You have the ability to turn off those email notifications by opening the topic and switching the Topic Controls to “Tracking” or “Normal” so that you don’t get email notifications.

Alternatively, you can also go to your profile and modify your account default settings so that you don’t get any emails for topics in which you are participating.

4 Likes

Trying to just unsubscribe to whole thing. It’s best that way

Press your avatar circle in the upper right of the forum. Press the person icon on the right. Press Preferences, Select Emails in the right hand Dropbox, Change the second Dropbox to never.

4 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Cam Outdoor Issues

Has Wyze done anything to fix this issue?

I posted a reply to the same question in a different thread here

This log#1306768063 is in regards to re-connectivity issues with Wyze Doorbell Cam, which has been going on for a year now.

Hi, folks!

First, Gwendolyn apologizes for how late in the week this is going out. However, we did get some updates today so all of this info is more current than it would have been! Remember that next week is the bug callout phase so start thinking about what bugs you’d like to submit and/or vote for. Let’s get started with the follow-up!

Forum - Wyze Plugs have disappeared as trigger and action options in Alexa Routines :electric_plug:

We had to reschedule a meeting with the Alexa team so we still don’t have more info about this one. Thanks for your patience!

Core - Light socket is set to only come on with motion at night but also turns on during the day :bulb:

We don’t have a further update for this. Please try out the beta if you’re a tester!

Reddit - Some notifications are getting pinned and highlighted with a green color and do not clear by swiping :green_square:

We’re continuing to investigate this and don’t have another update at this time. We’ll keep you posted!

Discord - Wyze Home Monitoring keypad shows low battery even after the batteries have been replaced :low_battery:

We’re expecting this one to be fixed in the 2.35 app update. When that reaches beta, please give it a try and let us know how it goes!

Let’s Take a Look at Some Previous Submissions

Wyze Video Doorbell and Wyze Cam v3 fail to reconnect for days after a modem/router reboot. Other Wyze devices reconnect within hours

We haven’t heard feedback about this one but we’ve confirmed from our side that Wyze Cam v3 is reconnecting reliably after a router reboot. We’re still looking for information about Wyze Video Doorbell, though! If you experience this with Wyze Video Doorbell, please send in logs using the following process:

Recreate the issue then open up Account > Wyze Support > Submit a Log. Select your device from the dropdown menu, write a description of the problem with the date, time, and time zone that it occurred, and then make sure that the Send Log option is selected. Send that log to us and post the log number here as a reply, please!

Wyze Air Purifier Insights graph is not updating when expected :chart_with_upwards_trend:

We found a firmware bug that is going to miss the 2.35 app cutoff. This update is now expected to happen in the 2.36 app. Thank you for your patience!

Wyze Video Doorbell is getting stuck on 3/3 instead of displaying the live stream :three:

The QA test is underway and we’ll let you know if we’re heading to beta or making a new build once we receive the results.

Audio out of sync on saved videos

We’re looking into reports from one person about audio still being out of sync. But so far, everything else is showing signs of improvement. We’ll keep you in the loop!

Cameras appear offline in the app, though they are online and viewable

We’re not seeing issues reported with this from our beta testers! The beta firmware is looking pretty promising though we have other bugs we need to fix before the release. Are you a beta tester still experiencing this? If so, please let us know now!

Attempting to view microSD card Playback when viewing an Event from a Wyze notification results in the, “No microSD card installed in camera” error :floppy_disk:

Unless folks are still experiencing this, we’re going to remove this entry next week now that the 2.34 update has been released with the grayed out Playback fix. Speak now or this will stop receiving updates here!

Thanks for reading! We’ll see you next week for Fix-It Friday.

3 Likes

My primary concern with this is that it will be “Fixed” and ruin it for those of us who use them indoors in darker rooms…so even though it is day time, that doesn’t mean it is actually adequately light where the sockets are…for example, in my basement kitchen, or if someone puts one of these in an indoor lamp to keep a room lit up when people enter. If the fix makes them only come on during the “night TIME” then they will cease to function correctly for all the other people who use them in “indoor lamps” and places with low light, etc…

I just noticed this when I was trying to record a video of my daughter the other day from the SD card playback. :frowning: the recording had audio pretty far out of sync. I can try to replicate it if needed since this says there was only 1 person. I am sure there are others if someone else will try to record from SD card playback too. The one I noticed it from was a V3 with MAC address starting with D0:3F:27…I think cams with the same starting MAC have been demonstrated to be easier to replicate. I’ll try to get you a good example and log when I have a spare minute.

2 Likes

I also noticed today that the audio is out of sync when viewing from the SD card playback in the app. The cloud-saved audio is synced just fine.

log 695808

2 Likes

mine is the same IP range

Does Detection Zone on VDB work for everyone? For me, no matter what I set on Detection Setting-> Detection Zone it keeps alerting me of any movement. Even if I grey out entire screen, it alerts. Is this a known issue?

Log ID: 702319

There have been reports of difficulties with the Detection Zone feature on the VDBv1 (wired version, not Pro).

See these topics:

3 Likes

Here is a link to September’s Fix-It Friday.

4 Likes