Excessive PAN movement after motion detection

Thanks Jerry. Hopefully they’ll get back to me so I can get a refund. I’m really disapointed in this company. It seems like less and less companies in the World care anymore.

Hi, everyone.

The moderators and @CheckSixPilot let me know about this thread. I’m sorry to hear that you have all been experiencing this and I’ll talk to the dev side about this. As for why we weren’t in this thread, this is the Ask the Community section and is intended to be user-to-user support. That said, we are further behind on our support tickets than we aim to be and we apologize for that added complication. We are working on it but we understand that this problem has been impacting our customers. I’ll talk to the team about this as well.

I ordered my cameras direct from them, and to be honest the first experience with them was rocky. Everyone I worked with on it seemed to care and they did come through with everything as promised. I do believe that this company does care, you just have to
contact the right people vs. posting the issue in a forum on their website.

Has anyone found a solution to this problem? I just received a replacement campan and the new one is doing the same thing. If it detects motion, it rotates left right, right left when the object that caused the motion is holding perfectly still. It’s what others referred to as “Hunting”. Could someone please tell me if this is normal behavior for these campans? If so, I’ll just send them back for a refund. I’m trying to figure out if this issue is isolated to my two campans and others on this thread or not. Thanks

I have not found a solution.

I leave the pan feature turned off and use it as a simple camera. I do use it to manually pan. I do NOT use the auto feature since it just hunts and freezes on a bright window or dark wall.

Thanks Jerry. I appreciate your honest quick reply.

Been happening since day 1. The Pan function works fine, motion tagging works fine. Motion tracking is abysmal.

Is this something that can be fixed with a firmware update or do we need to send the cameras back? I have a cam pan set up and tried to turn the motor speed down, hoping it would help. It jumps all over the place trying to track the motion and often ends up missing the motion or losing it and stopping. Contemplating turning it off and using as a stationary cam, which defeats that purpose.

I could never get the cam pan motion following to work. I use it as a stationary camera.

The motor speed control only affects the manual panning. We’re still working on getting this issue improved and apologize for the trouble. I’ll share your feedback with the team.

1 Like

Has there been any progress on this issue? I just received and set up my camera’s yesterday. I feel like the motor is going to burn out with all the “hunting” it’s doing. If there is no solution for this issue now then I’m just going to have to return all of my equipment because this functionality was the main selling point for me and it frankly doesn’t give me much confidence in any of the rest of the products.

I’ll chime in as well: Same problem from day-1. I haven’t submitted a ‘ticket’ yet but I will now just in case there is a direct response from WYZE TS.

Just to add to the discussion and (hopefully) to get something done, I received my Pan Cam yesterday, upgraded to the latest firmware and immediately had problems with “over-panning”. It’s hugely annoying as the camera rotation motor isn’t exactly quiet so the camera keeps whirring all over the place when there is motion.

Welcome to the community, @jci0224. I would recommend checking out this topic. :slight_smile:

1 Like