Excessive PAN movement after motion detection

Just dropping a me too . Not fixed with any firm ware so far . Overshoots and parks looking at the wall then resets itself . Useless . Was going to purchase another one but holding off . This is a serious problem not people gripping. I would not purchase this camera until you get info that it is fixed

1 Like

I am facing the same issue. I called customer care rep and he said this is the first time they are hearing about this. I am able to reproduce the issue on the first day itself. Disabled motion tracking for now. Waiting for some solution.

I was ready to purchase 4 cam pans. In light of the unresolved issue, I will hold off on my purchase.

1 Like

I’ve had this problem with over panning since day one also.
I was hoping for a fix/firmware update to this issue ever since I bought a Cam Pan so I can enable motion tracking.
I was looking to buy more Cam Pans but I’m holding off till they responded to a fix or maybe a design flaw that can’t be fixed via firmware update.
I’m going back to Amazon to edit my review there and having buyer’s remorse after reading this thread ………

~ Greg

They have to know about this. I have had a case open for a couple weeks now and even supplied them with example videos. They have been very very slow to respond.

For me it is somewhat intermittent, It does not happen every time but enough to be a problem.

Mine was doing that as well until I set the Waypoints. Now it only moves between the Waypoints and follows motion inside those.

• I have tried setting waypoints as well but when the pan cam detects motion it still turns all the way around toward the wall it’s mounted to. I finally had to just disable the pan/tilt function. Could have saved myself some money and just bought another Wyze cam v2 which I’m very happy with. The pan cam is just not up to par...yet.

just ordered two cam pans, wish I read this before hand. WYZE support needs to chime in, if they dont have a fix, admit it and tell us they are working on it. WTH?

1 Like

I have waypoints set and sound detection off and mine does just fine. It pans between the set waypoints and detects motion. The smoke and CO alarm detection is still on. I think when the sound detection is on it reacts to the sound that reflects from the surface behind it. When I mounted the camera on a tripod without any wall behind it worked OK and when I placed it on my mantle with sound detection off it works OK. That is what I am experiencing and your results may vary.:slight_smile:

2 Likes

I will have to look and see if I can figure out how to turn the sound detection off as well. I bought 3 of these and experience the same thing with the panning that everyone else is talking about. I also have one of them sitting on a window sill and panning from inside to out. The auto night vision does not work through glass I have learned as the little led’s reflect and make the picture un-viewable. Additionally, the sound of the motor on the camera bounces off the glass and sends me a sound alert every five minutes all night long.

Under “Camera Settings” on the Wyse app go to “Alert Settings” and unselect “Sound Detection”. Leave Smoke Detection and CO Detection enabled. I have also found it helps to set the Detection Zone under Alert Settings instead of leaving it at full screen.

This, too happened to me. I turned the motor speed to 1 (slowest speed) and it fixed the issue.

1 Like

I have had a couple of responses from my open case with Wyze support. Kudos to them for following up. The overwhelming popularity of their products has them busy. The devs are aware of the issue and are actively working on it. No timeline was given but it is a priority.

I got my Wyze Cam Pan about a month ago. I have the same issue, it can’t follow motion to save its life. Even when the object in motion is slow moving the camera constantly “hunts” and over shoots the object in motion. I have turned off the pan function and use it as a static cam. VERY disappointed to read this thread, thinking of returning it and abandoning Wyze all together.

I can tell you the tracking was way better more than two updates ago. The main issue I’m experiencing is when the tracking is enabled, the speed at which it moves/adjusts is too fast. You can select the speed with manual tracking but not when for the auto tracking. I believe some control over the auto tracking speed would make a big difference. Also maybe a trigger delay so that movement has to be over a set period before the camera initiates a response (like 0-2000ms) Is there a way where we can adjust both modes of speed, I’d prefer independently? My camera is just wobbling back and forth on a subject and occasionally overshoots. It’s annoying and causes unnecessary mechanical wear/noise. The tracking areas do not re-align to the center or the tracked subject when the camera physically moves.

2 Likes

Mine wouldn’t follow motion when I had the way points set.

Same here. Trying to watch the feed or video when it is tracking motions makes me sick (not figuratively, I get motion sick from the “hunting” as others have called it.)

Same problem
So this thread started Jul 2018. Does anyone have a solution?
It is now May 2019, eleven months later.
Seems Wyze is not so responsive.

1 Like

Could someone with a Cam Pan please perform this really simple test for myself and others?

1. Turn on Motion Tracking and Tagging

2. Place your hand about 3 feet on front of the cam and hold it perfectly still.

Does your cam twitch by moving to the left then to the right? What others refer to as hunting? This is the most frustrating thing. I’ve bought my cam less than two months ago and can’t for the life of me figure out it does this. To avoid this, I’ve had to disable both tracking and tagging. If someone did walk into the frame, it would be impossible to see clearly what’s going on since it’s constantly trying to find something that isn’t even there.

If someone could please perform this test, I’d greatly appreciate it. This twitching and my sensors giving me false readings on the app renders these products useless. Also, I love the way that Wyze tech support completely ignores their community forum. They know full well about all the problems and never once bother to step up to the plate help address issues. If you’re thinking… Why don’t you just open a support ticket? Yeah right. It take them over a week to respond and when they do, they treat us like we’re idiots. They respond with troubleshooting links even though we’ve already told them we performed the troubleshooting. I hate canned BS replies and worse yet, like I’m a DJI customer (that’s a drone reference to the worst company on Earth next to Comcast).

Thanks

Wyze thinks customers should solve their own problems or will eventually just accept their poor product. It is a classic example - you get what you pay for. The forum is useless and so is filing a ticket.

The motion tracking is useless. Write a bad review on Amazon so we can stop these people.

I read a number of reviews that praised Wyze cameras so I bought it. I suspect they paid for these reviews. It is called Marketing (if it increases sales then it is OK to lie). I was a Quality Manager at an international corporation and I would have lost my job if I allowed a product like this reach the market.

Give it up and just live with it or return it. Sorry I can’t help you.

1 Like