Event Playback Problems (Cloud Recordings)

I have 3 Wyze Cam 2’s that I’ve been using for months. Event playback works 9 out of 10 times. I added 2 more cameras a few days ago and 99.99% of the time the playback just spins and doesn’t get past the 1st second on them. All 5 are configured exactly the same and all 5 are running the RTSP firmware. I can’t figure out why I can’t play the 12 second cloud recordings for these latest 2 new cameras. Any ideas?

All my V2’s are on Cam+ except for 1 that records the 12 second clips. A couple days ago it started doing what you are describing. And as an added feature, it stops recording events around 5pm for about 12 hours. No clue…

I just popped on the forums to search for the same issue as well. Same thing with most of my recorded events.

Playback used to be working but now it’s non-functional. I have the cameras set to record on SD card on motion detection.

Most of the recordings stop even before the motion stops. I had one recording that lasted only 3 seconds.

Worse yet, when playing back a recording and it sees the end, it jumps to the beginning of the next recording. It used to stop playing to allow for replay.

It seems Wyze development staff turns over at every app version. There doesn’t seem to be any continuity.

Also, there are really obvious UI bugs. These are the bugs that are easy to find, how do they pass testing? Either your tests are inadequate, or someone is streaming fixes past the testing stage.

I just found this post after posting earlier;I have the same issue

Anybody seeing partial recorded event playback like I mentioned in this thread?

Event playback issue - Ask the Community - Wyze Community (wyzecam.com)

I mentioned above, I have a locally (SD card) recorded event that lasted all of 3 seconds. And I’m sure that the motion didn’t stop after that.

I’m having a similar problem of failing to load video in iOS app. The static preview loads, but the video fails with the spinner just rotating and sometimes the message “The video clip doesn’t exist in the cloud…”, but this is many hours after the recording.

Is AWS failing?

This has been reported in the forum before: Wyze Cam V1/V2 playback very choppy - #6 by WildBill