Doorbell Cam not working on Echo Show 8

I bought an Echo Show 8 for Prime Day this year. My main purpose for it (other than its just cool) was to be able to see who was at my front door on my Wyze Doorbell Cam and maybe even be able to set a routine to show the cam on the Show automatically when it detects a person or someone rings the bell.

To my surprise, of all the Wyze products I have the one that WILL NOT display is the Doorbell Cam. My Show 8 keeps telling me the camera is offline or not responding. I can open it on my phone (android) without any issue. I checked the firmware to make sure it wasnt out of date, nothing there. Checked my Show 8 to see if there were any software updates and nothing there either.

This is the ONLY Wyze device that isnt working with the Show. Not sure if this is a Wyze issue or an Amazon issue, I am just hoping others might have run into this and might have a fix.

:beers:

2 Likes

Welcome to the club. I have a Wyze Doorbell v1 and I was never able to get it to show up on Either of my Echo Shows. Now it is also afflicted with the 3/3 error so I always have to press Restart to see anything.

3 Likes

I hope it is something that gets fixed. I really love the Wyze products, this isn’t going to break that for me but it is an inconvenience for sure.

1 Like

I am still in love with Wyze too and I want them to succeed. I feel that they drove down prices on all security cameras by bringing out the Wyze line of cameras and making them as sophisticated as many then much higher-priced cameras. Before Wyze, most of us would not have found the then existing line of security cameras to be affordable, let alone as sophisticated. I am hoping they can soon resolve this existing major crisis.

In the meantime, as senior citizens who get a lot of deliveries, etc. we’ve gotta have a working doorbell camera so I am reluctantly replacing my Wyze DB v1 with a less sophisticated but hopefully fully functioning Blink and will wait and see what happens next for Wyze and hoping for the best.

3 Likes

The Blink DoorBell went up and is working. Just couldn’t wait any longer, as the line of people who rang my Wyze DoorBell and were waiting for me to answer the door was stretching way out into the street.

I am still disappointed I cant see the cam on my Echo Show, but it works on my phone so I am not totally upset. I also get person detection notifications on any echo device I set up for it, so I am not unhappy. I hope they fix it in time, would hate to never get to use my Show for the reason I bought it.

1 Like