Custom Chimes for doorbell

Adding Christmas/holiday Melody to the wyze doorbell chime

I would like to suggest adding a few more melodies/tunes to the wise video doorbell chime. For example a Christmas/holiday Melody. I noticed almost all of the non-smart doorbells that you can buy allow you to change the doorbell to a holiday themed chime but this smart doorbell which should give you more access to different doorbell chimes doesn’t.

1 Like

Could you please offer a few holiday themes for my doorbell tone. That other company does so, and I became instantly jealous because Wyze doesn’t offer holiday themes.

1 Like

My new Wyze Doorbell Pro does have Christmas chimes…

Thanks so much. I bought mine a year ago. However, I don’t see holiday chimes offered on the app. I’ll look again. Does the app need to be updated?

Which doorbell do you have? Only the (battery powered) doorbell pro has the expanded selection which includes the holiday themed sounds. The (wired) doorbell does not.

Allegedly the chime that comes with the doorbell doesnt have the storage space for the whole expanded selection. (Which is why allowing custom chimes to be uploaded would be great!)

Well the problem I have with that is why don’t they just have it set to where when you choose a door chime it just loads that chime to the doorbell cuz you have to be connected to the chime to change the time anyway. Because it’s not necessary to have the chimes preloaded onto the chime you could just have it upload the melody to the chime when you select one.

Andrew Eslick

A doorbell should be fun. It looks like Wyze doesn’t agree.

Tom

Add seasonal or custom chimes

Please add seasonal chimes or the ability to upload custom mp3 files.

3 Likes

@UserCustomerGwen @WyzeJasonJ Yes - PRETTY PLEASE with a cherry on top push to add…

1. Halloween chimes!
  2. Ability to change outside sound to match inside chime
  3. Ability to add custom chimes

I would push all my friends to get Wyze doorbells with these features!

1 Like

Holiday/seasonal chimes would be greatly appreciated. Or even the ability to upload our own mp3 files would be great.

Come on wyze its all I want for christmas :grin:

2 Likes

I’m switching from a Nest Doorbell to the new Wyze Video Doorbell v2 but my children are going to be livid that they are loosing their holiday themed chimes. They absolutely love them and Wyze should seriously consider adding them in. It’s a great feature.

1 Like

I just switched out my google nest doorbell for a wired Wyze v2, after buying flood light cameras and wanting everything in the same ecosystem. I didn’t even think to check the doorbell tone options because I assumed all smart doorbells had a choice of chimes (and I loved the Halloween, holiday and winter ones on the nest). Im so disappointed I’m honestly considering putting the nest back on and putting the Wyze on my shed studio out back. I literally had 3 people (including the UPS guy) ask me today what happened to my holiday rings.

I was looking for something else and then stumbled into @Its_capt_j’s post about South Park. Even though I have the Video Doorbell v2 :doorbell_v2: that uses the house’s built-in mechanical chime (plus Cam Pan v3s and Cam OGs as accessory chimes), I think it’d be fun to be able to change the sound that Video Doorbell v2 itself makes wherever it’s mounted (through its speaker). I imagine that could provide for some interesting event captures when an unexpected sound surprises a button pusher on my porch. This gets my Vote.