Custom Chimes for doorbell

I’d like to see the ability to not only add custom chimes for the doorbell, but also maybe see some seasonal chimes added by Wyze, like howling for Halloween or sleigh bells for Christmas. Imagine the doorbell making a howling sound when the little critters come looking for candy!

Please Wyze! Should be easy to just let us upload custom mp3 sounds.

10 Likes

I’d like to to combine doorbell sounds, Especially a regular doorbell sound followed by the dog bark sound.

3 Likes

Please give users the ability to upload and use custom chimes for the video doorbell. This would be such a great feature!

3 Likes

It is urgent now to add this, wife is asking if the doorbell has the halloween sounds “Wyze” promised(yeah i know, all me!) already. LoL 911 here please! hahaha

3 Likes

Yes please! I need this! Honestly my wife just wants the chime to match the doorbell sound lol

I just wish there could be fun holiday themed sounds or music that would play to my guests when then ring my doorbell. Like say, some spooky music around Halloween, or some Christmas jams during the holidays.

4 Likes

Google’s Nest Doorbell does this around Halloween and it’s pretty cool. It would be fun to have the ability to play holiday themed chimes around the holidays.

4 Likes

+1 for this feature. Our current Nest Hello does this and it is a great feature. I would like to see Wyze offer a selection of themed chimes (like Nest does) and also an option to upload a custom sound.

1 Like

Please! I would love some seasonal options right now! I also second the combination of doorbell sounds and the dog bark, great way to make the impression of a dog in the home more realistic.

1 Like

This is a request for my chime. The other day I was watching the movie “South Park: Post Covid-19” and someone rang the doorbell & a voice chime said “Some is ringing the doorbell, see who is ringing it on your phone cause we live in the future.” I thought cool, why can’t we add our own chimes? Or have a wyze store where we could purchase more chimes than what comes with doorbell?

1 Like

It would be nice to be able to add third party chimes tones in some way, such as for holidays such as Christmas and Halloween or for any reason.

[Mod Note]: Your request was merged to this #wishlist request for better visibility and consistency in grouping similar requests.

1 Like

It would be better to make the doorbell work with Alexa and have a routine to make the audio you want to play.

1 Like

Welcome to the Wyze community @dirkleu!
This is a cool idea! Don’t forget to vote for your own #wishlist item!

1 Like

This is a great idea I would actually use, please @WyzeTeam.

1 Like

Please allow us to upload our own short mp3’s to be used as a chime tone on our new Wyze doorbells.

1 Like

it doesn’t seem that this is possible to play a custom file with alexa either.

you can’t upload files to amazon music anymore and the skills that allow you to upload/link custom files won’t automatically play a file when called.

I hope they add more selections of chimes because they are all pretty horrible and I can’t imagine most of them ever being used by anyone. I actually struggled to fine one I could accept and it’s just the cruddy doorbell 1 sound. I was so disappointed with the poor quality chimes they had on this thing. It’s a digital chime and they could have come up with some really great sounds or allowed for creation of our own to upload. I really hope the chimes can be updated via software and we are not restricted by what is on the chime.

2 Likes

I really want mine to sound like the doorbell Montana Max has in Tiny Toon Adventures, but thats just me.

The alexa skill “My Pod” will work with a custom MP3
The free version will suffice.

On the skill just pick custom text and put in “open my pod” if you only have one file uploaded or “open my pod and play x” to specify if you have more.

Make sure to disable the announce setting (this is on the mypod website) else it will say ‘ok playing x’ before actually playing it.

Theres also about a 20 second delay which is honestly a dealbreaker for me, so I hope Wyze will allow us to use custom files on the chime itself in the future.