Create timelapse from previously recorded video

It’s painful to scroll through days of motion clips. We need the ability to export all clips with a user-set speed so we can view a week (or more) worth of SD card content in a 5 or 10 minute generated video for 2 reasons:

1. Viewing playback outright sucks, crashes, or says the SD card is not inserted or there’s no connection to the camera.

2. You won’t find anything meaningful if you have to manually scroll through a feed hour-by-hour.

1 Like

I need this feature badly.
It snowed last night and I would love to have a time lapse of it.

In the setting it lets you go back to a previous time.

If it can’t happen why would you let it set a date in the past?

1 Like

Creating timelapses from playback video

Hello, I could not find anyone asking for this, sorry if posted before.

Right now I have about 6 days of playback video I can rewind through. Is there any way I can create a timelapse from it?

There are times where I forgot to turn it on, or a couple times it says it was recording, but the clip is only a few seconds long(bug?) and I lose multiple days worth of footage.

Thanks

Generate Timelapse / Event Window Using SD Card Data

Currently, timelapses can only be generated from an immediate point onwards. Generating timelapses without interfacing directly with the device involves a long process:

1. Record the entirety of the time in question (only can be done in realtime)
  2. Download the video to your device
  3. Manually create your own timelapse

It would be awesome to have the app give an option to bracket-cut a video, and optionally set a timelapse interval. The video could then be processed on the camera, and downloaded from the “Album” when ready.

1 Like

Over 4 years later, any progress on at least getting this scheduled?

To anyone running Linux, I wrote a script that will create a timelapse from the existing playback videos. The only downside is you still need to plug your sd card into your computer, since there’s no remote access into the Wyze.

You can find it here:

I’d love to see this feature, especially so since others have wanted this for 4.5+ years.

If you look at the top title bar where the topic title is, youll see the maybe-later tag. In the How to use the Wishlist topic, the maybe later tag means:

Maybe Later

• maybe-later - This isn’t on our internal roadmap at this point but we’ve seen and considered it. Sometimes features that we plan to implement later but haven’t come up in the pipeline are in this category.

You can set your topic notifications (bottom left area of the topic page) to “watching” to be notified of any further replies or updates to the status of this topic.

Thank you. I noticed this after making my comment. It’s just disappointing that it’s been on the back burner for so long, but oh well.

1 Like

if i missed an opportunity to make a time lapse, ive just pulled the card and put it in my computer. Then copied all the files to a folder and used a video editor to speed up the video to make a faux time lapse.

1 Like

I do understand how to manually create a Timelapse video from the SD video files, but my reason for bringing it up again relates to the fact that the feature only works for current/future times, not anything even in the most recent past. It’s ultimately just a thing of convenience, I get that. A nice feature to have that it even exists at all, unlike on Ring cameras or such.