Crazy High Price Jumps, What's Up Wyze?

V3 cameras $36 as all the Wyze cameras use to be $20 including V3.

The Wyze Scale video says “Wow, only $19.99” but actually priced at $35.

Those are a 75% increase!

They did announce a price bump a while ago, and they now include shipping in the price. So yeah, comparing oldenwyzetimes to now is tough. Got to look at the factors…

5 Likes

Yes, there has been a price increase, but the majority of what you see is them rolling shipping into the base price. So to properly compare you need to compare the old ‘total cost with shipping’ to today’s pricing.

4 Likes

Jan 28th 2021 I bought 3 V3’s for $59.97, shipping was $11.06, total cost $71.03.
Today 3 V3’s would cost $101.94. But comes with $3.25 worth of Cam plus.
The “free” shipping amounts to about $10/camera.

LOTS of people asked for it, hope they are happy.

5 Likes

Yep, the multiplied shipping is a tough one. I’m with you.

1 Like

The pricing now includes freight

1 Like

So as one of the previous members stated, they bought three cameras and the combined shipping was $11. Free shipping - leave it as it was, those buying multiple items loose, those buying one, pay more or less the same as before when shipping wasn’t “free”. A 75% increase ouch. $20 cameras can sell all day and recommended to many that purchased. Tried selling your product to a friend the other day and we say $36 cameras. Understand the high commodity price, but still let us decide on the shipping. Funny Wyze product video advertisement on the scale ONLY 19.99, Yeah that’s what made us buy lots of your products - quality products buying direct from the manufacturer so offered at reasonable below gouging prices. JMO.

1 Like

Wyze had 2 price increase due to Silicone chip-set and the price of oil there not the only one with price increases when we bought 4 cameras from Wyze back in march the freight was $11.53,the camera was $19.99I went back and pulled the order now our price is $ 31.89 each with freight.

kae4560 and now someone buying four cameras and a scale costs nearly double of what Wyze use to advertise as unbelievable prices. Even their headphone, the main point of the video was how good they are at that price point comparing them to $200 sets (a product that i see hasn’t changed in price or much at least which is good). I understand demand and supply costs with this pandemic, just a 75% increase is hard to justify. Wyze is making up the cost of high production from those ordering more than one product for essentially anyone ordering just one camera or one scale is paying the same price because “free” shipping is now included? Not fully buying it. Companies often market releases of new products and brands a name at cheap low cost products then only to double the prices later. Price is always the number one factor when people buy AND what Wyze has always been advertising their extremely low costs as a huge WOW factor. A $36 camera has no WOW factor compared to years of advertising their cameras at only $20!!! JMO.

1 Like

Well said…Been a Ring customer for 7yrs and have installed Wyze Doorbell, Cam Outdoor, Power Plugs and other Wyze Toy’s…Wyze is young and will go thru Baby steps in it’s development of the product line and hopefully learn from the user community. But with other established Company’s Wyze needs to Focus on a Core Product Group (does anyone watch Shark Tank?) to establish itself from the Wolfs. Granted you can chew gum and walk at the same time…but look at what other Successful startup’s have done…Get it right with a Core Product then branch out. Price Price Price…that’s the catch and U do get what you pay for.

It not only Wyze Its everything. There are global supply chain issues and shortages, labor shortages, Raw materials etc… I work in machinery sales, lead times are much longer than what used to be. I have seen price increases of 30-40% in some instances.

1 Like

The prices are pretty high…the great camera at a great deal time is over… I have put off buying more V3 since the price change. They just aren’t as competitive with other choices on the market .
I think the shipping is really what’s the problem. They should adjust shipping prices for multiple items.
oh well…it was good while it lasted…

1 Like

The pricing is in line with other products, it’s still very cheap compared to a few my Sony ones that were $1,465.00 each

Can we compare an orange to an orange…how about blink minis?..24,95 free ship for indoor…49.95 free ship for outdoor…

1 Like

The blink camera is cheaper,but there cloud service is much more,and their cameras are not that popular, I had many people that had blink and there now useing wyze do to the low light,and the cloud service

All I wanted to point out is the initial comparison of a 1400.00 dollar sony camera was a bit farfetched…their are many other examples of security cameras that are NOW cheaper than Wyze that perform well.
Dont get me wrong…I love my Wyze cameras, I have about 15 watching my cottage and house , but the jump in price because of shipping is making me think twice about getting anymore. i was going to add some V3 to my cottage but I’m thinking twice about it.

1 Like

I’m personally fine with the price increases, but we need combined shipping. Having to pay the full shipping cost multiple times for the same order is bordering on unacceptable in my opinion, and I’d also prefer to have the shipping cost shown separately for more transparency as well.

2 Likes

This is the problem… We don’t know what the real price of camera is… It went from 19.99 to we don’t know…

I can careless to Wyze prices increases (shipping containers jumped from 3k to 15k-22k) ,I care more about Bacon prices that have jumped 2x’s.

1 Like