Crackling Sound

This is my first day of using the Cam, coming from Samsung smart-cam to WYZE. One thing I am noticing is the sound quality when I am watching live video; the stream has a lot of crackling noise, any way to fix it? wish WYZE worked with google assistant or nest… it needs a little more AI.

overall happy.

Got the camera today. Happy with video but crackling sound when viewing on my iphone is really annoying

Totally agree

Had these around 2 months

Initially they were fine and provided good coverage and use for their price

However, in the last few weeks (maybe there was a firmware upgrade) there has been an incredible amount of noise and really bad audio feedback - like screeching cars coming through each of the 3 cameras when I try to view them - so much so, they are now unusable and need to be unplugged

They are currently lying in a drawer - so $75 for 3 cameras which are currently sitting in a drawer hoping for a further firmware update to rectify the issue

This is simply not acceptable and suggests a lack of quality control prior to releasing the latest firmware update - dont they check before release?

I am told to wait on another update, but no timescale as of yet - again, unacceptable as I bought these for home security - they dont do much sitting in a drawer!

1 Like

I just received the WyzeCam 2 and also getting the crackly sound. The audio is useless because of this.

can someone post an example of the “crackling sound”? Does it sound similar to a helicopter or impact sprinkler?

Is it like the the mp3 attached to https://www.wyzecam.com/forums/topic/strange-sounds/#post-117406

i have the same helicopter noise also.

I ran into this issue for the first time today. It really couldn’t have come at a worse time either. I had a notice from the building manager of the apartment I live in stating they were going to be entering apartments with their lenders today. Perfect time for me to really test out the cameras. I set up all three of mine and had them in really good areas to capture anyone that enters and be able to listen in. When they came, could see everywhere they went, perfectly and clearly, but I could not hear a single word that was said. It was muffled from the crackling sound that is constant while the cameras are operating.

I am wondering has this always been the quality of the sound used for these cameras? Or is this an issue with a current firmware update?

I’m also having the same problem when speaking from my phone to the camera. Sound that comes out of the camera is Crackly, LOUD, and bro ken…sound from the camera to phone is good on the primary camera(connected directly to outlet) but terrible on the daisy chained camera(usb power connected to primary camera).

My crackly sound is like when someone butt dials and its moving around in their pocket that has various other items in that same pocket hitting the microphone then turn up the volume.

I’m very disappointed that No one from wyze is responding. I got mine today and really bought into their story that a quality camera product doesn’t have to cost $199. I’m getting the same crackling and it’s not good at all. $20 with crackles??? Heck no I’ll pay $199 for crackle free audio :frowning: so sad I thought they really had something here.

Given that this is the first post on this thread in 10 months, it makes me thing that this is not a widespread problem. Therefore, I’d suggest submitting a support ticket. You may have just gotten a bad camera.

Keep in mind that this forum is primarily a user to user community. If you don’t get a helpful reply here, I suggest you file a support request including the log files for more help. You might want to go ahead and submit your ticket now as there is somewhat of a backlog. If you end up getting the issue resolved before support contacts you, then you can always let them know that it’s already resolved.

Thank you I will do that for sure. I didn’t realize this was user-user. I have reinstalled and also relocated. I have connected to two different 2.4ghz routers and still no improvement. There was also a comment logged in December 2018 by a couple of users. I will enter a ticket and also just order another to try out a new one as well. Thank you for your guidance :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have 5 WYZE cams and 2 Pan cams all updated the other day and All now almost blow my speakers with crackling static … can’t email,them, only chat or phone call… on hold too long… disappointing … years of use and now this software upgrade ruined my cameras … HELP with a new fix… can’t re download CATCH22- says I Already have the update!

2 Likes

I’m having the same issue. I’ve always had static on playback but could still here sounds in the background, now it’s so loud I can only here static.

1 Like

I have had the V2 for almost a month now. NOTHING was wrong with them until a few days ago when the upgrade took place. Now it’s crackling when I watch the events and when I go and view playbacks. WHAT IN THE WORLD! SO sad.

1 Like

Same here. Last firmware update and playback is horrible. Static/crackling…I get notified of a noise but who knows what it is due to the loud crackling.

WYZE is pretty good with support, disappointing that they have not even addressed all of us having this problem caused by the latest upgrade download. CATCH-22… even if you have a corrupted/partial download upgrade, you can’t try again because the signal is set that YOU HAVE UP TO DATE software !

Same problem here. We will have to get a different camera I guess. :confused:
Really bad audio feedback. Loud high pitch screeching noise?

8-8-20

Ever since this last update I have been experiencing this same sound. It’s very annoying and frustrating.

Update; As long as my phone is not close to the camera I’m viewing, It’s fine :slight_smile: