Continuous Recording to SD Card not working

My three pan cams just recently started having the same issues. Once the card runs out of space, it stops recording to it. If I restart device from within the app, the recording starts with the card reset to completely empty. I’ve had these cameras for a year and they’ve never done this. My one cam v2 has no issues and loop records with no issues. Hopefully a firmware fix will solve this.

Having the same issue for the past month. I am on firmware 4.10.5.111.

I have also noticed this issue with mine. I have 3 cameras and they worked great until I upgraded recently to 4.10.5.111. Is there a way to go back to the previous version?

I’ve had this issue with my V2s forever now. Only one is working sort of reliably, and I am nearly certain it has to do with the length of the cable I’m using to the others. I just don’t think they’re getting enough power to access the cards stably (using the Wyze branded cards). I assume this is a known issue by now? If there are some ideas for boosting / regulating the power I’d love to know. As it stands I still have to drill some holes in the house.

I’m having the same problem with 2 of my 4 cameras flaking out. This poor reliability has become such an issue I’m thinking about replacing them with another brand… you get what you pay for I guess…

1 Like

Know how you feel! And generally it’s the crucial videos that don’t get recorded. :angry:

Have been reading a number of posts recently about the longevity issues with standard SD cards being used for continuous recording. I put 32GB Kingston cards in my cams when I got them about a year ago because they were cheaper than the Wyze ones.

Recently had issues with some, but not all, of them, so after the usual full reformatting, etc, I began replacing them with 64GB High Endurance cards designed for dashcams, etc and formatting them in exFAT with large clusters instead regular FAT.

So far this month has been pretty good. Could be the cards. Could be the format. Could be the newest app version. Could be they’re just new. Dunno. Also playing around with keeping the cams cooler.

But yeah, I’m putting $17 SD cards in $20 cameras… so that makes a lot of sense. Now I’m thinking about buying birdhouses for them to put them outside… I was rational once… :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Yeah investing in more cards doesn’t seem like a winning path to me. One reason I’m learning more about Home Assistant, NVRs, and replacement camera systems. Luckily the regular old Wyze cloud event storage, cooldown period and 12 second limits aside, is 90+ percent reliable.

FIRMWARE: 4.10.5.11
I tried it on a 64GB and 32GB card. Continuous recording seems to stop at 2 days and loops recording from there. Even switching to SD I only get about 2 days.

Yep that is strange, I get 3.5 days of HD recording on all my cams using 32G Sandisk Extreme. They even overwrite properly.

I backrev’d to 4.10.5.98 and still have the same issues… rebooting the card fixes the issues, so wonder if the workaround is just using a scheduled action to restart once a week?

Not sure if there been any solutions yet, but I have been having the same issue, it seems to have all started after the last update. I have 5 cameras, (2 x pan and 2 x v2 and 1 x v2 (new)). 4 of the cameras have been installed about a year and the recording had no issues. The last 2 months they slowly all started having these issues, I even installed a brand new micro sd (32 10 as recommended) and it does not work. I can manually record video and images. I can also see old footage on one I have not formatted.

I have formatted in camera and on pc, nothing seems to work.
The new camera worked with continuous recording for 2 hours and then we had power failure, once power back, stopped working and say the same as all, no video at selected time and then a pop up no more…

Hope a new firmware will solve this, otherwise will have to maybe change to others.

(1) pan, (2) gen 1 and (1) gen 2 all having this issue. Successfully reformatted Wyze SD card with PC, no change. 16GB SanDisk Ultra 10 failed completely. Now I’m sorry I pre-ordered the outdoor camera, 'cause it probably has the same buggy firmware and I’m ready for a reliable solution.

Over the weekend I got out the ladder and pulled the card on the off chance it recorded some footage I needed from early July. May 2020? It’s there. January 2020? Check. July 2019 ?? Sure. But nothing from June or July of 2020. Haven’t touched the SD settings. As I’ve said I gave up hope of this working reliably last year.

I was surprised that the file system on the Wyze branded card still seemed to be functional though… on a PC.

1 Like

I have 3 cameras, 2 Pan and 1 Cam, and they worked perfectly for the last 12 months. Some days ago (not sure when), all of them stopped recording to the microSD cards. They don’t present any error message, only say there is no video at the selected time. I have already tried formatting the cards, replacing the cards, no luck… after a couple of days they stop recording again! Very disappointed.

Half a year later, my pancam is already on its 3rd card…
Sandisk is being good about RMA replacing them,
but wyze needs to fix this card destroying crap… !

1 Like

My PanCam recently killed a card for me too. I had a spare (Wyze 32GB), put it in and things were working again. Until this morning, when I needed to check footage from about 20 hours ago and found that it only has about 18 hours of recording on it. :rage:

Per the Wyze website:

• 32GB MicroSD card will hold approximately 2 days of HD video and 7 days of SD video.