Constant buffering with camera (Google Nest (Home) and Echo (Alexa))

Buffering for the past 2 months with echo show 5. Not the internet issue, have 400 Mbps symmetric line.

It’s gotten a lot better for me, since I reboot the cam in question once a day.

ditto. chromecast. 2-3 secs of video, buffer, 2-3 seconds of video, buffer. rinse, repeat until i just get a black screen.
everything else works fine.

i can watch my cameras when i’m away from home fine. 5 feeds on one screen all going fine so my internet isn’t the issue.
one feed from my pool camera to my tv not working is a bit of a joke.
i guess unlike the app im not directly connecting to the cameras and the google integration is going via wyze servers. id say thats the problem.
i can open the app on my ipad, open the camera i want to see full screen and mirror the desktop to my apple tv and it works better than the google integration.

Hi @UserCustomerGwen I also need my permissions raised to be able to send you the info. Here it is anyways in case it helps.

2 wyze pans
4 wyze V2 black

When viewing from either my echo show 8 or firetv 4k stick I get constant buffering with a snapshot every few seconds. It seems to improve when I put the quality at SD. I have a 300 Mbps download speed to my ISP. Network is not showing any other issues. I am in Eastern Time zone. The last time I tried it was March 10 around 10:00pm but I have had the cameras for a few months now and it has never worked properly. Once you give me permissions I will add my email and Mac addresses.

1 Like

Thank you! Looks like you bopped around on here long enough to raise your permissions yourself before I got to you. Could you please message me the rest of the info?

I would have to say that unplugging the camera only seems to rectify my issue with Alexa devices for about 15 minutes or so. Then it goes back to buffering every 4 seconds. I have no issues with it using the Wyze app on my Samsung Galaxy S8+. Switching to SD does not seem to make much difference.

Just for info I have Verizon Business FiOS with 100Mbps/100Mbps (symmetric) service. My WiFi router is a LinkSys MR8300 which is connected directly to a network card on my firewall machine. I even tried ordering the Wyze 32GB memory card (model #WYZEMSD32C10) and it hasn’t helped at all.

I have tried viewing with my Kindle Fire HD 8 (Fire OS v6.3.1.5 - Alexa v.2.2.322087.0) and an Echo Show HD 8. Both exhibit the same issue. The fact that this has been going on since I received the camera around the end of Dec. is kinda ridiculous.

Yesterday I connected my WYZE cameras to my google assistant. I was going to use this for my chrome cast and Google home Mini. I did all the necessary steps with firmware updates and everything, I ask it to play a black screen with a buffering icon down at the bottom left corner. A small time stamp next to it that is constantly changing.

2 Likes

Gwen,
I dont see a message option when I cluck on your name but I am experiencing this same issue on 2 V2 cams using a Google smart disply

Hi, everyone!

Is this still occurring with the new firmware we released this week? We’ve been working with all of the involved companies to try to improve this. I’ve been hearing some positive results after the 4.9.5.111 and 4.10.5.111 firmware went out.

I started a new topic Casting V2 to Google Nest Hub . Feel free to move/combine it here if you’d like.

1 Like

Just tried it and so far its working great! There is a little lag in the sound but certainly 1000% better than where we were. I can deal with a little lag as it is most likely my wifi.

Thank you for the rapid response and resolution!

2 Likes

Has anyone else noticed the great improvement in the ability to cast cameras to the Google Nest Hub? Loading lag time isn’t the best and video on the hub lags behind about 15 seconds, but once it loads it’s very stable. I’ve been viewing on my Hub for about 30 minutes with no buffering at all.

Google nest Hub
V2 cams
App ver V2.9.24
Firmware ver 4.9.5.111

1 Like

I haven’t tried it since the updated firmware…

2 Likes

That is very exciting! Thanks for the info! :smiley:

I think the extended viewing is a bug, though. I’ll check with the team but streaming should only be for 10 minutes at a time (last I heard).

Hm… so mine did stop after ~10 minutes. Just a black screen.

There has been a big improvement but it’s still too slow to use to see who is at the door.

@UserCustomerGwen Would you please ask the team about the purpose of the time limit? I would much rather allow the stream to continue until I manually Stop it, so am hoping the time limit becomes a thing of the past. Thanks.

The time limit is imposed by Google. They only allow their own Nest cameras to stream for more than 10 minutes.

It’s actually a cost vs use case thing for us so we can provide this as a free feature. Most people only watch their streams for about a minute at a time. We multiplied that by ten and then added a cut-off. We are looking into options for adding longer-term streaming but can’t make promises at this point. Indefinite streaming would make this service much more expensive and could raise the costs for everyone to compensate.

2 Likes

My mistake. I thought Google limited the time.
They do but it can be overcome with $.:slightly_smiling_face: