Constant buffering with camera (Google Nest (Home) and Echo (Alexa))

I see the same exact results,
I have an Echo show 8, and a Tablet with the Wyze App I can view my cameras through the Tablet
with no problem. The Echo Show has constant buffering, it has gotten much worse, 2 weeks ago the Echo was working fairly consistent with little buffering. The signal strength on the camera was at 100% as its 30 ft from router.

For what it’s worth I have seen a marked improvement on the Alexa devices the last two days to the point where it works acceptably to me. I don’t know if this is due to environmental factors or efforts by Wyze. The google displays are still a complete no-go, as they have been from day one. If the improvements on Alexa are from Wyze, then my thanks.

YES, constant buffering!!..but on echo show in my case.

Thought I’d better add that two or three weeks ago, my cameras worked fine on Echo Show…but lately there’s SO much buffering that it’s barely watchable. I‘m hopelessly “tech naive”, but doesn’t that sound like a wyze update within the past few weeks might have been a problem?

Most of these router are pure junk. I have tried many different kinds. I now have the Orbi. The upstairs one is the main one with a satellite downstairs. I have Verizon Fiber and only internet 100/100. Everything is wireless. 6 TV’s, laptops,Ipads and Iphones. We also have two Alexa Shows. The last one is the newest one. I noticed going from HD to SD made some difference. The problem is not the Wyze product but Amazon Alexa. I hate to tell you this but if it works fine on your phone but buffers on the Alexa Show it is Amazon. The first generation Alexa Show I didn’t have nowhere near this buffering BS problem. I like the bigger screen on the new updated Alexa but the buffering is a huge problem. This is one hundred percent a Amazon problem. Until they fix it all we can do is fuss about it.

i’m still getting constant buffering on my Google Home Display. I don’t think it’s specific to Google nor Alexa, Could be a Wyze issue?

I can tell you it is not my router as I will usually have 90+% signal strength from all my devices as I’m running an Orbi Mesh with 3 Satellites and 1 Router for a very small space…

No issues with the App or RTSP. (OR sort of no issues, intermittent disconnections that I woudl call not really a d/c of internet or anything…probably some buffering issues as well)

I just stumbled across another issue.

First off all, the buffering seems to be better after the camera is rebooted. So i now scheduled a daily reboot via the wyze app for all my cameras.

Secondly: I had the stream running via iPa:d app and Amazon Echo Show 8 in parallel. At one point i noticed that the ipad timestamp read eg. 2020-02-14 08:25:02 and the Echo was at 2020-02-14 08:05:14 - so about 20 minutes lagging, They where roughly at the same time in the beginning.

I think I’ll try the RTSP firmware now to stream from my computer instead of the Echo…

1 Like

First off. Let me say, I am having no issues viewing the cams in the Wyze app on my Note 10+.

I picked up an Echo Show 8. Found the Wyze “skill” for Alexa to view the cams. Installed the skill, shows all the cams, They are all enabled. The first couple times I said alexa show me the porch cam, show me cam 1, etc… it connected. Then it became sporadic, and buffered a lot. Now whenever I try to view a cam it just says waiting for wyze and never connects.

Let me reiterate again. No issues viewing the cams on my phone whatsoever, so I know its not my network. I also have a ring peephole cam and have never had an issue viewing the cam on the Echo show, so I know again its not my network.

I don’t know if this is an Alexa problem or a Wyze issue, but i wish someone would fix it. I have restarted all cams, restarted the Echo show to no avail.

Has anyone elkse had this issue and found a fix for it?
Thanks

1 Like

Did you tell alexa to find devices?
I think it internet thing it happen. I saw it on a fire stick and I once I stop ask alot. It start to work better.

One suggested’ fix’, which I have used with my Dots, is to un-enable and then re-enable the Wyze skill. This apparently refreshes necessary connections. I just saw @kroq83‘s post - sounds like a verbal version.

Fire stick has Alexa on it. So on the remote have a push button to ask Alexa to view camera.

Hey - it works, at least for locating new devices.

Just received my Cam Pan and I’m having the stream problem. Tried on Nest Hub and on Lenovo Smart Clock and both have the same problem. What can I try to do?

I’m having alot of buffering issues and lag time when using the Alexa show 8. I just purchased both the Wyze cam and the show 8 in the last week and have updated the firmware on the Wyze cam. This is most certainly not a bandwidth issue, as others have stated. I can pull up the camera in app on the same network and there is practically zero lag time or buffering. Between this, the cut off streaming at 10 minutes and the recent user data push… I guess now I see why they are 25 bucks. When used on the app this thing is great. But It’s just not there with the Alexa show yet. Hope you get a solution figured out soon.

I have having this same issue as well. It was happening a while back, then was fixed, but now it’s back again. Happens with Echo show, and firestick 4k.
All other devices work fine standalone and with Alexa show.
Even when viewing video through a samsung tab A, the sound cuts in and out, video is choppy too

1 Like

On another note though, this however works phenomenally compared to subpar support they have for streaming to devices.

If you have an Android you can always screen share your device and full screen it for more than 10min of lag free video…

I’m sure iOS you can mirror to an AppleTV device (unfortunately I don’t think they can screen share to a Chromecast device)

Would love the native software to work but if not screen sharing is a decent alternative and etc

See above?

I have been following these threads and have come to the conclusion that the WYZE camera isn’t compatible with the Alexa show. Either WYZE needs to change the way the camera sends or Amazon needs to change the way it accepts the signal. I also found out when mine starts buffering non stop I delete the program, reset the camera, start the whole process all over again and this helps the buffering. BTW, this is not a internet problem. I have the Orbi System and where the camera is the signal in 100/100. Where the Amazon Show is it is also 100/100. If your WYZE camera works fine on your phone but doesn’t work right on the Google, or Amazon that should tell you something. The WYZE camera works fine on all my Ipads with no buffering.

2 Likes

Agree 100% Which is why I asked for half a refund to which they will not agree to and each time I send them information all they do is send me to a different person asking me to do either the same exact things that I’ve just done or whole new things even after I explain that it’s not an Internet issue

It takes anywhere from a minute to about 4 minutes from when I tell my nest hub to show a camera for it to pull up. Then it continuously goes back like it is trying to load it.

I would love for this to work correctly.

2 Likes