BUG: Name Your Price Breaks Person Filters

Good to know!!

Doesnā€™t sound as if this happened yet? Pity that it wonā€™t be fixed before the special enrollment period is even over. :frowning:

I ended up just cancelling the Person Detection service. I figured Iā€™d pay extra because I wanted to see it succeed, and even $3/mo is cheaper than most competitor services, butā€¦ itā€™s never worked. Iā€™m not hard up for the $3/mo, but I think Wyze will need to basically offer it free to everyone for a while to rebuild confidence. At the moment, I donā€™t think Iā€™m even willing to jump through troubleshooting hoops for it, I think itā€™d need to ā€œjust workā€ and not require any sign-up, enabling, etc effort.

Hmm, I finally joined the experiment and my person filters are still working with an ancient Android app version and a more up to date iOS app version. Of course that could change tomorrow with the end of the old so-called pilot.

I assume the bug exists only in the new version of the app (which is programmed to heavily tout CamPlus).

Fortunately, mine continues to work. Iā€™m using the $0 option, and itā€™s working fine so far.

It does struggle to recognize me sometimes if Iā€™m not facing the camera, but 65% of the time itā€™s fine. If I face the camera, it seems to be 100%.

I have Alexa notifications turned on, so Iā€™m fully aware of when it works and when it does not.

It has detected my cat twice as a person, but thatā€™s when heā€™s up on his cat stand at people height.

1 Like

I have the 2.14 version of the iOS app and can now filter for person detection without being prompted to sign up for CamPlus.

Thank you for informing, worked out great

El El miĆ©, 14 de oct. de 2020 a la(s) 09:57, AlbanyHDTV via Wyze Community <wyze@discoursemail.com> escribiĆ³:

Anyone else still having this? I have the new 2.14.35 app version and all my firmware is up to date. When i go to acct then services. I dont even have the option to turn person detection on. Iā€™ve been charged for my 2nd month of name your price on the 23rd so i know im subscribed. Ive submitted a log. Its happening on all my devices. So frustrating because i can only use motion detection now and everything goes off. I want my PD back.:weary:

Well i changed my price to $0 since it wasnt working. Now thereā€™s a pilot version of person detection under services. Wonder if it will last. I hope so!

Well here it is Dec. 6, 2020, I have been paying for PD for 3 months, all cameras enabled, one WCPan, 2-WCV2. Motion detection enabled on all 3, but in notifications there is no option to select Person Detection. There is an option for ā€œWyze AI Detectionā€ is that the same thing? Iā€™m about to cancel my ā€œdonation.ā€

iOS app, all up to dateā€¦

My understanding is that AI detection is the new term that encompasses not only Person Detection, but forthcoming car, dog, package, etc. detection.

Gwen, Iā€™m still having this issue. How do I resolve it? Iā€™m on the current beta firmware and app.

1 Like

I donā€™t know, what happened with me is that i changed the price back to $0 since it wasnā€™t working and somehow it started working again. Idk if the price change pushed the subscription through or something. Good luck