BUG: Name Your Price Breaks Person Filters

My front door camera always identifies my dog as a person but often identifies the msil delivery woman from the back.

:+1:
Well, dogs ARE people! Mine have told me that many timesā€¦
:grinning:
(so are most mail person Iā€™ve metā€¦)

Interesting, mine will identity both from the back and side.

So has Person Detection (Pilot) on my six v2 cams, for months now. Even through glass at various distances and angles. Through porch window toward front doorstep, pointed down at driveway through upstairs window, etc. Success nearly 100% of the time. Good luck to others having difficulty.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve found from moving the same camera that how well it detects people can depend on whatā€™s in the background, direction of light like the sun, angle, etc.

1 Like

I signed up yesterday and a car was detected as a person.

Person detection only works intermittently. Most times when I walk into the detection zone it doesnā€™t pick me up as either motion or person. Iā€™m a big target 6ā€™8" 300# but it picks up rabbit andi get notified as a person. Iā€™m not relying on Wyze to protect me itā€™s to unreliable.

Log# 42884

Same issue.

1 Like

Log ID: 42869

1 Like

Hi, everyone!

Iā€™ve received word that weā€™re going to be testing a fix with the 2.14 beta. Thanks for the logs and help! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Yay! Thanks, @UserCustomerGwen! I feel much safer about signing up now. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Youā€™re welcome! Iā€™m really glad that folks spoke up so I knew to dig into this. We definitely understand why people felt concerned about this bug!

2 Likes

Iā€™m wondering why it didnā€™t effect all of us.

I know you said you donā€™t have CamPlus but did you EVER have it or any other financial relationship with your Wyze account? I have not. Just thinking that may be an account toggle somewhere. That, or app version specific behavior.

Edit: Ah, this is very likely why:

I had the forced Cam Plus trial and do have a CC on my WYZE account for the stand alone PD.

1 Like

I am eligible to pay my price, but at the same time I donā€™t want to lose what I have now (person detected enabled and working well). Until this bug is resolved, it sounds like I will either (1) need to sign up for name your price to avoid missing the opportunity, but not have the ability to see the events with persons without first going through the work around, (2) sign up for CamPlus to have a good experience, but not be able to name my price, or (3) do nothing and lose person detection until I decide to get CamPlus. Am I right?

Whatā€™s the eta and probability of the bug getting fixed before next week?

1 Like

Meanwhile the PD accuracy and reliability, as per my own and some othersā€™ anecdotes, has significantly degraded this week. It was really near perfect until 2 days ago and now it is missing people and also having false alerts. Not exactly making me want to rush in my subscription.

The bug isnā€™t a sure thing. Iā€™ve never had the problem.

1 Like

If you only have one camera that really needs PD and budget is a concern, itā€™s kind of a no brainier to put the money towards CamPlus instead of paying nearly the same recommended price for free PD.

Agree. But Iā€™m looking at an account with 20 cameras.

1 Like