Blue stacks [5] & Wyze app - how do I make it landscape view "properly"

Hey all, I am here too because I am in the same boat. I have a few ideas:

1.) Try sideloading older (working) Wyze app version manually into Bluestacks
2.) Try downloading and running Wyze app on Android Studio AVD emulator
3.) Try using 3rd party viewer software: TinyCam

I will report back if any of these work.

Hadnā€™t heard of TinyCam before - thank you for the mention of that!

TinyCam seems to have found my cameras, but unfortunately tells me it failed to connect due to an auth key. Any experience or insight into how to fix this?

EDIT: Never mind, I discovered that you have to set the camera mfr to Wyze in order for both the username and password fields to appear. Unfortunately though it seems as if there isnā€™t support for 2-factor authentication which Iā€™m not ready to disable. :frowning:

TinyCam supports Wyze two factor authentication so far as I understand. (I avoid it though.). You should be able to find instructions on the TinyCamMonitor web site, Reddit, or these forums.

I have found the TinyCam app to be slightly buggy on getting connected, but once it does it is good. To fix your issue, temporarily disable 2FA and connect all your cams up, make sure you can view all your streams. Then turns 2FA back on again in your Wyze app and exit Wyze app. Finally, load TinyCam again which will then attempt to connect to your previously-working streams and TinyCam should pop up a dialogue for you to enter the 2FA code that Wyze texts you.

EDIT:

TinyCam w/2FA works great and even allows me to connect to more than 4 simultaneous streams, granted the network performance isnā€™t exactly great with that many streams running together. I recommend configuring on your smartphone, then exporting the cameras.xml file to your PC to import on TinyCam in BlueStacks for a 1-shot setup experience on BlueStacks.

Also, if you want in-app ads removed from the free TinyCam I highly recommend running AdGuard Pro ( buy it for cheap from here, I have personally purchased this deal myself: AdGuard Family Plan: Lifetime Subscription | StackSocial )

2 Likes

TinyCam Pro is the only mobile app I have ever purchased on any platform. Itā€™s worth it.

Do you already know this solution? You can install the wyze app on the fire stick. In this video you will see how to install 3rd party app store. I have them both on and damnā€¦ I can find the wyze app!
Everything works!!! PS you do need a mouse to press login.

Wyze cam on tv with the fire stick.

I accidently managed to solve this landscape 4-up cam problem - I clicked the ā€œshakeā€ button on the Bluestacks interface and it rotated to landscape mode. I had to fiddle with the display settings but finally got it to display landscape and cover the full screen.

I figured it out but its not the best solution. They need to look into it so we donā€™t have to use this work around,

First i downloaded the app control screen rotation by ah_apps in google store. Set the app so that it can start service as well as display notification. Set the rotation to portrait from the drop down notification menu then enter the app.

Get to the camera screen then from their use the drop down notification menu to change the orientation to landscape. Going back to the previous screen caused it to undo, so you will need to do the same steps again (Portrait first then rotate to landscape) but has worked every time for me since installing the other app.

t