Beta Testing for Wyze Cam v3 RTSP Firmware Now Available!

@teredactle I was able to use this fix by adding a new camera in BI with the audio disabled at first. Once your camera has been added and is stable in BI, run Regedit and locate the camera in the registry. Go back into BI and enable audio then switch back to the registry and make your edits. I realize if you are not fast enough BI will start crashing. This fix does work great once you can manage the changes.

When I restart BI, the registry stays at 1. You have to change the registry AFTER the crash, so I suggest you to try again.
If you have more than one V3 cams, you have to modify this registry for every cams (in their respective folder).
After changing the registry to 1, BI should start without crashing. Don’t forget to enable the audio, if it’s not already done. Hope it helps.

@Skycam and @itravel this won’t work for me.
Regardless of the order, once I enable Audio on that camera, it crashes BI and when I check the registry has been changed back to 128.
Something is triggering this on BI and my bets are on Wyze code; it’s Beta, I get it.
I’m on 5.2.7.12 x64 version

@UserCustomerGwen can we have devs look into this Audio issue please.

After adding your camera in BI without audio enabled, disable the camera in BI, Then try enabling the audio while the camera is disabled. Next edit the registry. Maybe that will work for you.

Does this survive a restart of BI? Because I’m ok with this hack, but not if i need to worry about it if for some reason bi crashes. Since i use bi tools, if there is a crash bi will get restarted automatically, but i can’t have it go in an endless crash loop.

Sorry to hear that this fix is not working for you. In my case, BI does not crash anymore, even when I restart it. I’m running v5.5.1.2, without BI tools. Another thing, in the Stream Profile, make sure to use the audio 64 kbps G.711 a-law. If you select 64 kbps G.711 u-law, it will keep crashing.

I’m running BI 5.5.1.6 and have rebooted my WIndows PC several times. My V3’s come back up every time just fine. No BI crashes up to this point. :crossed_fingers:

Can’t get this to work. Once I enable the camera, and it polls it to get vid/audio, it crashes instantly.
This is a problem with the code in the firmware, no other camera has this issue in BI, and also the V2s running RTSP don’t have this issue.
I guess I’ll need to wait for a next version of FW with RTSP, likely coming not any time soon since it’s not likely anyone at Wyze is looking at this thread anyway… :slight_smile:

Sorry. I don’t know what else to tell you. Perhaps someone else here has a new angle you could try. The V3’s work great once you get them going with the audio.

It’s all good, seems it’s helping others. Maybe it’s my BI version. While I had support, I did upgrade to newer versions but they had some issues with file locking, as well as higher CPU utilization, and I stayed where I was. However, I did download the newer versions. It seems if you download the newer versions WHILE you have support and keep them, they will work. If you’re out of support and somehow get a newer version (as you can’t upgrade out of support) it won’t work. Haven’t tested this out, and don’t care to, what I have works so that’s what matters to me.

I played around some more last night, but just not working; as soon as it tries to get the audio, it crashes. No matter the seting Ulaw Alaw PCM16, also tried to use rtsp:// instead of http, etc, etc. Nothing, To me, all things point to the code in the FW.

Would be great if someone with BI support could send a note and ask about that registry setting; clearly BI thinks there are 128 audio channels and it’s crashing. I assume this setting can be 1 mono, 2 stereo… all my other cameras are either 1 or 2.

I have Blue Iris support, but it seems important to consider that the latest version doesn’t use the same registry settings, so I guess I don’t see the point. Maybe I’m wrong, but I see this as a Wyze problem, not a Blue Iris problem.

It might make more sense to just ask the BI guys to create a new preset for the V3. They’ve done that for me a few times before, but the cameras were mainstream POE models that were known to have valid RTSP implementations, so it was just a matter of automating the Blue Iris configuration, as opposed to trying to find a work-around for a janky RTSP implementation. And to be fair, a profile for the V2 already exists, so if Wyze had made their V3 work the same as their V2, we wouldn’t be having this conversation.

And yet, I have yet to see a single word from Wyze on the subject. Does that seem super-weird to anyone else?

c’est normal

They will speak when they are ready: 3 to 12 months from now.

I’m disappointed that the new funding doesn’t make way for at least 0.5 FTE ( ~20 hours/week)

LOL :rofl: …oh wait, are you serious? That would explain a lot!

I have six V3’s
At present three of the six are working fine with the current beta firmware, I can view the RTSP stream in VLC, as well as Blue Iris.

Today, while work on the other three that are giving me various issues, one of those three that were working displayed in Blue Iris as not being able to access the camera due to a password issue. VLC also kicked up a dialog box, asking for the RTSP password again. Both VLC and Blue Iris will now not accept the Password that was just fine. I changed no passwords on that now ‘broken’ camera (I can still view it on the iPhone Wyze App)

So, I change the RTSP username and password to the word: Test . I regenerated the URL, and same issue, cannot access the camera with the new RTSP username/password.

Any ideas on how to resolve this issue?

SJ

They are all working in BI with sound?

Has anyone set this up in iSpy? I have them setup (including other makes and models) and Video seems fine, but I don’t have a way (no helper) to test if audio is even working.

yes… I’m serious 0.5 > 0
that would be a vast improvement, some might say an infinite improvement to provide some level of response from Wyze.

As a “dump and run” this has been an interesting code drop. For end-user discussion of Blue Iris, fascinating. For Wyze feedback on issues, bugs, planned improvements, worthless.

In Blue Iris, I suddenly had periodic disconnections (about every 3 minutes) with my V3 cams only. I solved this issue by simply enabling the internet access to my V3 cams (in my router) FOR A FEW SECONDS ONLY and BANG, no more disconnecting issues. It’s been rock solid for 2 days now, without internet access. Weird.
Anybody else or just me?

Well, I’m sure you guys can tell from my tone that I have little patience for unsupported products.

FWIW, my Blue Iris machine has crashed more in the time that I’ve had my V3 in my entire history with Blue Iris. I think I’m going to disable the V3 until such time if/when Wyze becomes responsive.

I guess, for whatever reason, I’ve had pretty good luck with BI and my 2 v3’s. Pretty stable system alongside my other mix of 9 cameras including one doorbell cam. Fingers crossed! :crossed_fingers: