Beta Testing for Wyze Cam v3 RTSP Firmware Now Available!

I’ve also tried running bi as a Service, but I don’t see much of a difference in CPU utilization compared to not running as a Service…and yes, I restarted the PC, but when I open task manager and see Blue Iris there, the CPU usage is almost identical when not running as a Service.

I run it as a service because the machine is also used for other purposes. And also because it it’s just cleaner. Nice that it automatically starts with Windows too. It’s not even necessary to log into Windows. FWIW, mine definitely uses less CPU when running as a service than it does when I invoke the console interface.

1 Like

If I don’t use the web server, this old AMD cpu hovers between 26-27% with 4 cameras which is not that bad for how old it is… If I view a few of them in a browser on another room then it goes up to 50s%

I have tried at nausium to get this to work and never get the light to go to purple. I keep holding it and eventually the camera clicks and goes to the setup functions. I have dragged and dropped the entire downloaded and extracted folder, the bare .bin file. Copied pasted all of the above used win32 disk imager to move the bare file all of this was done on a formatted wyze 32Gb card I also tried all the above with the disc fat 32 formatted all with no success. Let’s see a helpful Tuesday video getting this working, I really would love this to work with the starlight sensor at my off grid no cell service location cabin.

Make sure the camera can see the memory card first. If it can’t, the camera will not load the new bin file. I had the same issues. Once the camera can see the card, use the camera to refomat the card. That’s the only way it worked for me as I was having the same problems. Once I loaded the .bin onto the Wyze formatted card, BINGO!

The V3 expects an internet connection. Maybe you can figure out how to work around that expectation, but it’s hard to imagine that it would be entirely practical. Assuming the presence of an on-site NVR (hardware or software), there are any number of IP cameras that work perfectly without an internet connection, but I don’t believe the V3 to be one of them. If anyone has experience to the contrary, I’d really like to hear about it.

As for the purple light, I never saw it either. The whole process seemed quirky and unreliable. After multiple attempts, it finally worked for me, but I can’t tell why it worked after failing so many times before.

1 Like

So my Athlon II X2 245 @ 2.9 GHz isn’t going to cut it? :grimacing:

I have no personal experience, but it’s slower than the Intel Core 2 Quad that I first used Blue Iris on. But with that said, Blue Iris has improved dramatically in terms of efficiency since then, so it might work better than you think. There’s a free trial, so easy enough to find out.

I never saw the purple light either. After a few tries, I started the app, lo and behold, the RTSP option was available. I’m not sure what the winning combination was :wink:

RTSP streaming works fine (VLC, tinyCam and Home Assistant). Now I’m trying to periodically (every 15 minutes) pull a single frame from the camera with ffmpeg.

[Edit UPDATE]
This command:

/root/config/ffmpeg/ffmpeg -loglevel debug -y -rtsp_transport tcp -i rtsp://USERID:PASSWORD@192.168.210.44/live -vframes 1 /root/share/timelapse/WyzeShed/test.jpg

Works fine using ffmpeg on Windows (cmd prompt)
… the issue below is on debian on RaspberryPi
[end UPDATE]

I get a “401 Unauthorized” message back from the camera. This method works fine on my other cameras.

[rtsp @ 0x311c450] method DESCRIBE failed: 401 Unauthorized
[rtsp @ 0x311c450] CSeq: 3
Date: Tue, Oct 05 2021 15:22:29 GMT
WWW-Authenticate: Digest realm=“LIVE555 Streaming Media”
rtsp://USER:PASSWORD@192.168.210.44/live: Server returned 401 Unauthorized (authorization failed)

Full log below… Has anyone used ffmpeg successfully with their WyzeCam v3?

➜  timelapse cd Wyze*
➜  WyzeShed ls -al
total 280
drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root          4096 Oct  5 10:48 .
drwxr-xr-x    4 root     root        278528 Oct  5 11:18 ..
➜  WyzeShed /root/config/ffmpeg/ffmpeg -loglevel debug -y -rtsp_transport tcp -i rtsp://USERID:PASSWORD@192.168.210.44/live -vframes 1 /root/share/timelapse/WyzeShed/test.jpg
ffmpeg version 4.3.1-static https://johnvansickle.com/ffmpeg/  Copyright (c) 2000-2020 the FFmpeg developers
  built with gcc 6.3.0 (Debian 6.3.0-18+deb9u1) 20170516
  configuration: --enable-gpl --enable-version3 --enable-static --disable-debug --disable-ffplay --disable-indev=sndio --disable-outdev=sndio --cc=gcc --enable-fontconfig --enable-frei0r --enable-gnutls --enable-gmp --enable-libgme --enable-gray --enable-libfribidi --enable-libass --enable-libfreetype --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libopencore-amrnb --enable-libopencore-amrwb --enable-librubberband --enable-libsoxr --enable-libspeex --enable-libsrt --enable-libvorbis --enable-libopus --enable-libtheora --enable-libvidstab --enable-libvo-amrwbenc --enable-libvpx --enable-libwebp --enable-libx264 --enable-libxml2 --enable-libxvid --enable-libzimg
  libavutil      56. 51.100 / 56. 51.100
  libavcodec     58. 91.100 / 58. 91.100
  libavformat    58. 45.100 / 58. 45.100
  libavdevice    58. 10.100 / 58. 10.100
  libavfilter     7. 85.100 /  7. 85.100
  libswscale      5.  7.100 /  5.  7.100
  libswresample   3.  7.100 /  3.  7.100
  libpostproc    55.  7.100 / 55.  7.100
Splitting the commandline.
Reading option '-loglevel' ... matched as option 'loglevel' (set logging level) with argument 'debug'.
Reading option '-y' ... matched as option 'y' (overwrite output files) with argument '1'.
Reading option '-rtsp_transport' ... matched as AVOption 'rtsp_transport' with argument 'tcp'.
Reading option '-i' ... matched as input url with argument 'rtsp://USERID:PASSWORD@192.168.210.44/live'.
Reading option '-vframes' ... matched as option 'vframes' (set the number of video frames to output) with argument '1'.
Reading option '/root/share/timelapse/WyzeShed/test.jpg' ... matched as output url.
Finished splitting the commandline.
Parsing a group of options: global .
Applying option loglevel (set logging level) with argument debug.
Applying option y (overwrite output files) with argument 1.
Successfully parsed a group of options.
Parsing a group of options: input url rtsp://USERID:PASSWORD@192.168.210.44/live.
Successfully parsed a group of options.
Opening an input file: rtsp://USERID:PASSWORD@192.168.210.44/live.
[tcp @ 0x311ca60] No default whitelist set
[tcp @ 0x311ca60] Original list of addresses:
[tcp @ 0x311ca60] Address 192.168.210.44 port 554
[tcp @ 0x311ca60] Interleaved list of addresses:
[tcp @ 0x311ca60] Address 192.168.210.44 port 554
[tcp @ 0x311ca60] Starting connection attempt to 192.168.210.44 port 554
[tcp @ 0x311ca60] Successfully connected to 192.168.210.44 port 554
[rtsp @ 0x311c450] method DESCRIBE failed: 401 Unauthorized
[rtsp @ 0x311c450] CSeq: 3
Date: Tue, Oct 05 2021 15:22:29 GMT
WWW-Authenticate: Digest realm="LIVE555 Streaming Media", nonce="123412347f388fc2267b79e112341234"

rtsp://USERID:PASSWORD@192.168.210.44/live: Server returned 401 Unauthorized (authorization failed)
➜  WyzeShed

The CPU was stressed out to about 98% but then teetered around 55%. Just need to find an old MB and CPU

There are a lot of tweaks…some shown here:

Just be aware that (IMHO) there are some toxic individuals in that forum, but there is also some good information.

Ok so I finally bought the app… does anybody know why one of the cameras says “Paused” in the middle of the screen?

Been messing with it for a while, but can’t seem to find a setting to take that off!

Is Right-click / Pause too obvious?

How do you right-click on the app?

In the APP click on the camera is question then click on the gear icon to the left of the screen. Go down in the menu where it shows the option PAUSE and select ZERO.

Wow…thanks

I have extracted debug logs from both platforms.

@UserCustomerGwen What’s the process to submit this to Wyze RTSP Firmware Beta support??

Thanks!

You are very welcome. Enjoy!

Thanks, yes I had figured this out and used a 4GB card, but thanks for posting it!!

Interesting, this does not work for me. When I add the camera, BI adds the registry entry with AudioChannels set to 1 actually, by default.
However, if I set audio to ON in the camera profile from within BI, it makes BI crash over and over (until I disable the camera).

I can run the camera just fine with Audio disabled in the BI camera profile.

Cheking the registry after the crashing, I see the audio_channels changed to 128. So basically there is no way to make it 1, as it will be changed back to 128 by BI when it polls the audio feed.

Glad to hear it worked for some of you, but maybe it’s a different setting that’s making it work.

@Skycam if you restart BI, and check the registry of the WC3 that is now working with audio, is that setting back to 128 or remains at 1?