AWS Outage Impacting Multiple Wyze Services - 12/15/21

And we actually got a kick out of helping, felt useful… :slight_smile:

…I couldn’t wait until I would be allowed to do this:

mowing-the-lawn-smiley-emoticon

And there was a lot of it, it was hard and strictly manual, and I loved it!

So this update was posted on December 16th and there is still a problem.
None of my devices are recording to the web. My watch won’t sync. And my vacuum start.
And to think I almost bought another device from Wyze.
Geesh. And no email notification. Spot on.

No way. Those are just designed to be irretrievably lost the once or twice a year you need to adjust speed or direction. The worst, unless you mount them on the wall. Dorky pull chains and toggle switches rule in that particular application.

On the other hand, I have forgotten where most of my living room and kitchen light switches actually are, instead yelling repeated commands and curses to the box in the corner.

2 Likes

Sounds like you need to sign out of app then back in and see if that works,power cycle all device and see what you get

Can’t even do that from the wyze app. Gets better and better.
And yes, I have restarted the app. multiple times.

For anyone still having issues, and don’t have a separate phone/android tablet, have you tried Bluestacks or similar?

For the Wyze app to work you need to use a beta instance…

1. BlueStacks multi-instance manager
  2. New instance, Fresh
  3. Pie 64-bit (beta)
  4. I’m using 2-core, 4GB
  5. For me, display mode worked best on Portrait, 1080x1920, 320 DPI (so things aren’t so small)

Especially useful setting no-go zones for the robot vacuum which was a nightmare on the phone screen. It would be easier if you could zoom in more and/or not be so easy to accidentally delete or rotate the no-go zones. #robot-vacuum

It’s also nice to control the robot from a desktop and not deal with a device that constantly wants to sleep.

By using a completely different device it may force the Wyze and related 3rd party back-end services to re-establish broken or invalid connections/associations.

Our first remote controlled TV when I was a kid, which was a second had one that was given to us. It used a sound remote. I think that’s where the term “clicker” for remotes came from. The remote was a box and inside were 4 or 5 sort of tuning fork bells and when you “clicked” the button something would strike the tuning bell and the pitch of the sound created would change the function of the TV. I think it was just channel power and volume. If I remember correctly, the pitch was high frequency so it wasn’t something you could really hear the different tones other than the click of the striking mechanism itself.

1 Like

Used to date the daughter of a man who owned a TV repair shop (remember those?)

When a customer didn’t want to put any more money for repairs into an old TV, he would sell them a new model and take the old one back to the shop. These were from the ‘50s and were all Zenith. He would repair them and give them to me. This is when I was still living at home. Had 5 TVs and 4 stand up radios that all worked in the basement. One Zenith TV had a remote that was attached by a long cable. Think a big speedometer cable. You would rotate the knob, and the cable would rotate in its sheath 10 feet away turning the knob on the TV.

1 Like

i cannot play any videosince last night, saying error (code 09)

anyone else has the same issue?

I have 4 switches at the top of my basement stairs and I was looking at them kind of bewildered the other day trying to remember which switch does what , I think I figured out two of them but still not sure about the other two :thinking: :grin:

2 Likes

And so now what have a drink and think about it!!!

:rofl:

Same issue. I’ve mounted them high on the house not thinking Wyze would have me nurturing them manually to resent them every month. Not too wise.

1 Like

Did this just happen again?

Amazon says everything " … is not responding please check it’s network connection and power supply ".

When I try using the Wyze app it says everything is offline or shows the No Clouds icon on both phone and tablet.

Clearly my internet is working. So something is up,

1 Like

Nothing listed on AWS stat page and mine is working just fineAmazon Web Services

Everything is working here in Virginia. There are the usual sporadic, spotty outages listed for AWS. Check map here and zoom in to your local area:

https://status.aws.amazon.com/

All is normal, no issues

Amazon reporting their own status is the last place I’d trust for outage information.

1 Like

O-well why would the employee lie…come on be really

Yup! Ok that was it I’m all back now.

Thanks!

It just seemed odd that my Wyze app showed everything was offline. Regardless, everything is back up and working so Thank You!

This forum really should have a useful links page or atleast the support check list should include the AWS outage map.

1 Like