Alternative Wyze Bulb sizes and types: recessed, flush, fan, chandelier, mini, etc

I would love to see LED color light strips. I have a few behind my TV and under my kitchen cabinets from none smart brands. I would love to replace mine and have them work with my cameras or Alexa.

3 Likes

Not to hurt Wyze feelings, regarding potential products such as an LED strip, but there are a couple good product lines out there.
There is the shelly rgbw2

Excellent products.

You can control any RGBW strip, or led strings.
So cost is a matter of the strips/strings you use.

I for 1 use proprietary strips manufactured to my specs (Iā€™ve been having manufactured spec LED lighting & importing for almost 14 years).
But you can buy dirt cheap strips out there too, in many formats.

Then there are SPI and addressable leds w on board chips to allow for all sort of special effects, 2811, 2812 are 2 I am most familiar with but there are quite a few newer variants too.
Those you can control down to the individual onboard led dies (similar the philips strips just far more robust control capable)

Yes, they work w alexa or google.
I donā€™t think they work w homekit, but you can check the shelly forum.

Also look at the Sonoff line

1 Like

Yes this would be great!! Wyze please make an outdoor floodlight or maybe a floodlight/camera.

2 Likes

Put me on the hardware test for this one. I have a bunch of canned lights to test with :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes! Same here. Iā€™ve been waiting for this for a long time now!

Yes me too, I have several in my kitchen, living room and all the way down my hallway with spots on artwork.

1 Like

I have bought a few Wyze A19 bulbs already. Now I want to replace my existing eleven GU10 LED spotlight with Wyze bulbs.
Wyze, please make GU10 bulb Tunable White.

1 Like

E12 (candelabra/chandelier) sized bulbs and maybe RBG color change bulbs would be awesome.

1 Like

Judging by the sheer weight of the E19ā€™s currently produced, I feel as though this request is far off. Dropping the same hardware into, say, an E12 wouldnā€™t be at all possibleā€¦ I too would like to have a few different types of bulbs, but maybe targeting bulbs themselves isnā€™t the right approach? What if Wyze were to rethink what is currently on the market and produce bulb adapters that could handle the switching and wireless connectivity? Still I am surprised that there inst an RGB LED bulb yet, it seems pretty trivial as far as hardware goes, I am sure software is a different ballgameā€¦

1 Like

Is there any reason why you could not use an adapter that converts a E26 base on a Wyze Bulb to a E12 base for use as a chandelier E12 bulb?

2 Likes

I have done this and have been using the bulbs for over a year with no issues.

1 Like

Thanks for your response! Good to know.

1 Like

Absolutely a reasonā€¦ When going from an E26 to an E12 most of the time the form factor is too large to fit, or is unpleasant look after installed. I have numerous lights in my home where adapters wouldnt work, but if a smart E12 adapter (that adds very little length) was created then I could make all lights in my home smarter. The caveat here is that a lot of E12 (among other bulbs and lighting schemes) fixtures have multiple bulbs, and are generally better controlled at the switch, however not always the case.

The point it, there are too many different use cases and a few different products that could spin off from this thread. Since their hardware is licensed and not created, I doubt we will see them anytime soon. An RGB bulb though, I really hope is in the pipeline.

2 Likes

would love to have some WYZE can lights? I currently have the regular bulbs in the can lights - not very pretty or as effective, but just needs a different shape of the ā€œglassā€.

1 Like

Would it be possible to develop a Wyze bulb with a candelabra base?

Thanks!

2 Likes

I am using some Tuya based smart bulbs, all triggered by Wyze contact sensors to turn on/off. While the contact sensors are nice & quick to detect the sensor state, the bulbs are slow to react. If the Wyze bulbs are as responsive as the sensors, then it might be the perfect pairing for me.

In Australia we are 240v so unfortunately the current Wyze bulbs would not suit anyway. Also my house is full of Bayonet Cap bulb sockets or GU10 downlights - good wide beam angle GU10 smart bulbs are hard enough to find as it is.

1 Like

I canā€™t use the regular wyze bulbs to replace the recessed lights in my apt and would like something do so. They are similar to this.

1 Like

This is just a suggestion for a compact Wyze bulb. Iā€™ve got some vintage fixtures that just wonā€™t accommodate the current Wyze bulb. A bulb with the same base but maybe 1.5 inches shorter would be great.

1 Like

Would like to add new product for smart bulb for like the br30 type flood light bulbs

2 Likes

I would like to see ceiling fan smart lights

2 Likes