Alternative Wyze Bulb sizes and types: recessed, flush, fan, chandelier, mini, etc

Would love to see wyze make a BR30 flood light. So many houses use them for outdoor floodlights and also for basement pot lights.

3 Likes

Yes!!!

1 Like

I would buy a ton of recessed bulbs if and when available. Thanks

1 Like

Agreed!!!.. but I do love the WYZE System!!.. out to buy more today.

1 Like

Iā€™ve learned that a switch would be a better option to control this many lights. It would be much cheaper and efficient.

1 Like

Yes, using them in 2 recessed can fixtures, and quite happy with them and their performance. Iā€™m quite happy.

2 Likes

And apparently redundant as well. Ha!
:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Iā€™m new to Wyze. Found this thread searching for a smart BR30. Please make these - I need a bunch of them. Hoping to see something super bright like 300w equivalent for garage/warehouse use too.

2 Likes

Simple idea really, not difficult at all [insert sarcastic tone].

I just received an order for the last few Wyze bulbs that I needed to get rid of my Hue bulbsā€¦ Turns out, the Wyze bulbs are just that little too big for the light fixtures. Any chance you could reduce the dimensions of the bulbs by 10-15%, without losing the quality and brightness?

One step further, small lamp style bulbs?

1 Like

A lot of people are unaware that adapters are made to install a ā€˜medium baseā€™ (E26) into a candelabra base (E12). These can be picked up on amazon or your local home improvement store. They will add about a half inch to an inch of length from the socket to the tip of the bulb. They work well in a lot of applications though.

2 Likes

@eckmannmiles91 nice catch, but this solution wonā€™t solve my specific issue. The bulbs are too ā€œfatā€ for the cover to fit back on my light fixture, and making it any longer will create a secondary issue for the cover to fit over the bulbs.

1 Like

Not that it solves the issue by any means, but you could also go with an entirely different cover/globe? Cheaper than buying a new fan and would work if you want the smart lighting in now without it looking too odd with no cover/globe on it. Iā€™m all for Wyze products, but until they get a chance to expand their line, this could be an option.

1 Like

Just please keep in mind that Wyze does not recommend using their bulbs in enclosed lighting fixtures due to possible overheating issues. The excerpt below is from the linked article.

• Can I use Wyze Bulbs in semi or fully enclosed sockets?

Wyze Bulbs should work fine in partially enclosed luminaries like a sconce, but arenā€™t rated for continuous use in fully enclosed luminaries like globe covers.

Yeah. In the new LED world, thereā€™s a lot of variation in bulb sizes, unfortunately. Itā€™s not as standardized as it used to be with incandescents. A15 and A19 are supposed to refer to the dimensions of the ā€œglobeā€ of the bulb, but in the real world, so-called A19s can vary quite a lot. And higher-wattage LEDs generally need a bigger globe with LEDs, which wasnā€™t the case with incandescents. So a 100-watt-equivalent A19 bulb is usually bigger than the 60-watt-equivalent A19 bulb from the same brand, even though they should be the same according to the naming convention. Iā€™ve run into the same annoyance.

In general, if the A19 is too big, an A15 should probably do the trick for you, but Wyze doesnā€™t offer that at this point.

1 Like

I have several of your wifi bulbs. They all work good.
I would like to see the same product with the smaller base.
I have several places I could use these.
Thanks

1 Like

Tube lights. I have yet to see anyone do a smart tube light.

3 Likes

BR30 flood would be great. I need for commercial use.

3 Likes

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Vintage Style LED Smart Bulb

Outdoor Flood Lights please!

2 Likes

Yep, for recessed, long stem BR30 & BR40
For exterior rated Par36 & Par20 Flood & Spot! (sorry I have uses for both)
& would also love some E7/E9/E12/E26 flame style for chandeliers/ornamental lights

3 Likes