Allow Canadians to buy direct from Wyze

I was just Petsmart for my dog. They had a two pack of basic white cameras for 39.99.

2 for $39.99?
Good deal.

The two pack is 74.99 via petsmart in CA

The Petsmart site says 2 pack for 74.99 and a single for 39.99. Did they have a coupon or in-store discount?

I just bought a two pack 2 days back for 74.99. Well I used a 25% coupon on to bring it down. So if I saw $40 for two pack I’d jump on it. They also come with 2 months cam plus

Thats what the sign said.

What location were you at?

Coquitlam Vancouver

I am looking forward to trying more products. Please ship to Canada.

Is there an estimated date for this already? I sold my blink xt2 for the upcoming wyze cam v3.

No.

Apperently a email went out to current customers with information. I’m not a customer so grain of salt.

Claim is early 2021 which if we assume calendar and not fiscal should be between March - May. No other details I am aware of around what products will be available or what pricing may look like. If a two pack is selling at PetSmart for $80. https://www.petsmart.ca/dog/training-and-behavior/monitors/wyze-v2-double-pack-pet-camera-60132.html I won’t be surprised at that pricing or higher if they need to support it.

In the AMA video today they mentioned they are working on getting thier products into Canadian home depot stores in Q2 2021.

5 Likes

Makes sense. They sell through Home Depot is the US.
I would like to know why they can’t officially sell through Amazon in Canada.

1 Like

Hi, new to the forum. I was hoping to buy the v3 camera, but shipping to Canada isn’t an option yet. I scrolled through this thread but there is way too much info to read through it all. Is this forum the best place to watch for news about shipping to Canada? Facebook?

Wyze will start shipping thier products in Canada in Q1 2021. No definitive answer if the V3 will be available when the service launches.

1 Like

It’s been expecting their shipment to Canada for a long time, hopefully it will be available s…o…o…n. We may need to buy their V10 by then.

2 Likes

Never seen a company where people are begging to buy and not being able to get the product. Does wyze really want to grow? be like tesla, innovate. Dont see any reason why we cant get the products when I can almost surely get anything from any part of the world. lol

2 Likes

Well there’s a difference between we as consumers getting our products from around the world and businesses trying to sell products in new markets.

Is Canada new? They have customers there who bought from a reseller at 100% markup. There is a store (PetSmart) that carries the cameras as pet cameras. I personally don’t have any but if they looked at the data in their app they could easily get a sense of what markets to explore. Leverage secondary research to build an hypothesis and run some primary research too look at where to be.

Using places like Amazon or Home Depot to help with logistics, saves a ton in not having to provide your own infrastructure. These deals can take time depending on if you know how to broker them properly.

Being in the market for a system myself my biggest concern with Wyze is lack of transparency. The system I have uses a lot of the same hardware as Wyze but they barley have support and had a severe outage a while back.

I’d argue there is a large segment looking for inexpensive self monitoring in home security. Wyze has a large number of skis that would cover most people. Why this has taken two years? No answer, at least imo not available answer. I’m still shopping but broadening my search.

2 Likes

I can’t say about PetSmart or Amazon, and don’t know how they manage to have inventories of Wyze products, but what I was referring to was the fact that Wyze is not “officially” operating and selling stuff in Canada, so to them doing business in Canada is new.

In Canada a lot of products work this way, for example you could buy yi lights and Roborock vacuums here, but none of them have offices nor do businesses. What you get are american products basically. Same goes for Wyze in Canada right now.