Allow Canadians to buy direct from Wyze

Thanks for the reply. This has been the only time my card has failed to go through (Costco Mstr) and I’ve tried a couple dozen times now.

I’ve had no issues purchasing subscription services using a canadian visa card. It might be an issue with your card service provider. Some might block transactions they flag as suspicious.

2 Likes

Great news. I can well understand why it’s taken longer than you expected; life isn’t easy for anyone at the moment and setting up a trans-border operation must be a nightmare.

Had it for a while too. Only problem is it stops working every now and then and requires a restart of the camera to start working again (motion detection still works, just not person detection).

They’ve been working on this for years, not just a “at the moment” kind of challenges. Kind of concerning how long it’s taken TBH.

Has anyone used a re-shipper for Wyze pre-order products? I was going to use it, but when I saw that the timeline was Jan 2021 I figured I would just wait.

I’ve used ups in Ogdensburg but the issue is Canada doesn’t have warranty coverage. So when we have issues with products (sensors) we can’t get replacements sent to us. So probably better to wait.

Great news! I hope the prices will stay very close to the original and we’ll be able to buy any of your products as well!

1 Like

Wyze, when this happens I will sell all my nest garbage and switch over to you guys =)

Not me, only have 1 nest indoor camera, so glad I did not buy more, moved it outside so will let the weather take it out, lol, but will find another spot for it once I get the doorbell camera.

Now confirmed for next year!!! :canada: 2021!

Source? Early, mid, late? Price point? What SKUs are available?

I’d argue because Wyze has talked about this for so long that details would show a commitment and hopefully that then opens the way for Mexico or more international customers. Without details there isn’t anything to get behind and support.

Early 2021. They sent out an email to everyone with a BUNCH of news and this was one of those things.

2 Likes

That sounds promising!! I’m not a customer yet mainly because of this. I would love to know more unless you can paint me to a public source.

Maybe check out their wyze facebook group for more information about everything! Wyze Core Community | Facebook

Would love to buy more product but no shipping to Canada! What is with that?

They’ve already confirmed its coming late 2020 I think!

We are late 2020.

1 Like

What David said. It’s been confirmed from a number of sources.

That being said ‘early’ (normally meaning 1st quarter) can be anywhere from January to March… or later

2 Likes

It’s early 2021. So in Wyze time that’s a hear from now. :slightly_smiling_face: