All my devices (cams and bulbs) offline since Wed 2/3 at 4am PST

Anyone else having problems? All devices show offline. There is power and there is wifi. I have remote restarted my modem, (cannot remote restart router but I can have someone else do that if needed). Also tried restarting the devices (the cams) using the iOS app. Every time just says “Fail”. Last event was recorded on Wed 2/3 around 4am PST which was after the scheduled server maintenance. Ideas?

It’s possible that the devices may have had reconnection issues after the server maintenance. Try power cycling each device by unplugging it waiting 10 seconds, then plugging it back in. If a device (like the thermostat or doorbell) is connected to a breaker, power cycle that.

I sure am. Big blocks of time either offline or not recording events. Not sure which.

Thanks but how does that work with the bulbs exactly?

| Brlepage Forum Maven
February 6 |

• | - |

It’s possible that the devices may have had reconnection issues after the server maintenance. Try power cycling each device by unplugging it waiting 10 seconds, then plugging it back in. If a device (like the thermostat or doorbell) is connected to a breaker, power cycle that.

To reset the bulbs you’ll have to switch on/off three times in rapid succession.

1 Like

no issues here. 2 cameras on 2 different networks and both working fine. Camera on my home network connects to my Nest as well.

You just need to turn of the lighting fixture and turn it back on.

@dr.know has mentioned steps for factory resetting the bulbs. Definitely try if power cycling doesn’t work.

1 Like

Thanks for the advice - doesn’t that delete all the settings for the bulbs and require a full set up from scratch with the app? If so, that’s a major design flaw since the device/app where set up is completed must be on the same network. When these things happen while a user is traveling, they are basically SOL.

Yes, @pgram, it does reset the bulb as @Brlepage indicated in post 6 (just above yours).

@Brlepage answered your 1st post with “Try power cycling each device by unplugging it waiting 10 seconds, then plugging it back in.” Then you responded with, “Thanks but how does that work with the bulbs exactly?”

I mistakenly interpreted that to mean the 10 second power cycling didn’t work for you and offered an alternative solution without a full disclosure of its effect. That is my fault :cowboy_hat_face:

If you are able to ‘switch on/off (the bulbs) three times in rapid succession’ while traveling and not in range of the bulb’s local WiFi then yes, have to agree it is “a major design flaw”. :grinning:

2 Likes

I had someone reboot the WiFi router and that seemed to do the trick for all my devices. Much obliged to everyone for the advice and empathy! :grinning: