Add a water leak detector

Separate and keep the cost down.

An inexpensive water sensor has alot of use the temperature sensor is only needed in very few areas.

1 Like

Have the Leak sensor to have the option of adding an extension to the ā€œsensorā€.
Ex. Have the wireless box with the battery and a cable coming from it with the ā€œsensorā€ ā€œconnectedā€ to it, and have the option of adding an Extension to get farther away with the ā€œsensorā€. In my case I have a hole in the basement (by building designer blueprints) were the water might go. I would like to be able to put the battery box on or over the floor and the sensor in the the ā€œholeā€.

I donā€™t have a need for a PIR or contact sensors but would buy at least nine (9) leak detection sensors. Your manufacturing partner has these for sale on AliExpress but I would prefer to buy them from Wyze and have them integrated into your application environment.

leak

2 Likes

Separate sensors. Past month Iā€™ve had three different area incidents where a water sensor would have made it better. I was loooking on Amazon for some wifi ones but decided to check here first and found this thread. Would much prefer to tie it in with the Wyze family. If you say this is happening and several months away, I may go ahead with the hacking as I see above to get them online.

Agreed x100000

Iā€™m also a fan of separate. Waterproof water sensor to add to the wyze ecosystem is exactly what Iā€™m looking for.

2 Likes

I would like to see separate temperature and water sensors. I have several freezers/refrigerators in an ice cream shop and want to monitor temperature.

3 Likes

This is an easy lift for Wyze to do. I would buy at least 6.

2 Likes

Every time I mention this to literally anyone, they want at least 5, most people want closer to a dozen. I think Iā€™d have orders for over 100 on the first shot. Most of us are hoping it will be small like the Wyze sensors.

5 Likes

Yes, water leak sensors

1 Like

Keep them separate because:
-Price point
-Want waterproof if dealing with water

• only one function to maximize battery life (the longer the battery lasts, the less chance we miss a leak notification because the battery was dead. Plus the place you need a leak detector isnā€™t always the easiest to get to, so again less features equals greater battery life equals improved experience. ( Itā€™s not a big deal if we miss a door open notification, but it is a big deal if miss a leak notificationā€™ due to dead battery.
1 Like

I converted one of my sensors to a water detector like some other people have recommended. It works great! Anyone who is going to try this should be aware that the antenna inside the sensor is extremely fragile and hard to put back on if it falls offā€¦ I killed a sensor by mistake when doing this.

I mounted the unit on top of a bowl (mounting it to the side of my furnace in my utility room was blocking the signal from making it upstairs to the hub). I also used the magnet part of the sensor as a weight to keep the wires submerged if a puddle forms in the utility room.

Works fantastic! Would love to see something official tough.

5 Likes

Iā€™d like to have a water leak sensor.
I hope I can buy it from wyze store soon.
It must be useful!!

Seems like low hanging fruit here. Come on Wyze lets get this done.

All Wyse has to do is recognize the water alarm frequency/sound like the fire/CO2 alarms. I have a device called a Leeo that works like this and calls/txt me if the water alarms goes off. Just buy about 10 of the Watchdog water alarms and put them all over the house (under sinks, near water heater, washing maching, toilets, furnace humidifier, etcā€¦) and if there is a leak, you will be notified in minutes. It has saved me a few times. Water damage is much more common than fire or CO2 so this is really practical.

1 Like

I would rather have a leak sensor that ties into the app itself instead of relying on the cam to pick up the sound. I do know there are some whose cams do not pick up the smoke detector sound. So I think it is best to cut out that middle part.

1 Like

An independent WiFi water sensor that runs on battery is best but will be costly if you add up all the places you really need it. Trust me, it is probably worth it but there are not a lot of products out there that do that.
However, if all they have to do is listen for a certain sound with your existing units, then that is just another layer of protection that can be added for free (like the smoke and CO2 already).
My Leeo has caught numerous alarms (water) and either when I was out and sleeping.
Leeo goes a step further and actually calls you with a recorded message and plays the live alarm for you.

Using a sensor that connects to the Wyze bridge would not have the battery issues you are talking about

1 Like

I vote separate and I hope this goes into production I could use at least 10 right now.

Separate like everyone else agreed. I want the water leak sensor to be water proof. I would definitely buy several of those. I also like the idea of a temperature sensor for freeze detection, room temperature detection etc. Keeping them separate allows me to use them in different ways and put them together if I want to. @mike.s if this is under consideration or on the roadmap, do let us know. I am currently looking at simplisafe for these sensors but if Wyze comes out with it, even if itā€™s a few months, Iā€™d be happy to wait.