Add a loud Siren (also integrated with HMS)

I don’t think they are listening. This item has been asked for by many people, in many posts, on many occasions, and I have YET to hear a peep from Wyze – that they have heard or that they have considered or that have even acknowledged our requests. Very disappointing. The Wyze Cam was their flagship product, and it has been marketed heavily as a security device. But without a siren, without an “offline notification” feature, and without a few other tweaks, it’s a glorified baby monitor – nothing more.

The original idea was to simply allow user to upload a few sound files of their choice and in app have a button to push to send soundfile to all cams you have. Simple programming fix.

While that may have been included under this, the lack of loud speakers is a serious deficiency of an alarm system. If Wyze wants this to be considered a real security system, this is a must have.

I have 7 cameras so with all speakers sounding it is a great fix until they decide to just put an alarm in like the Bosma I had to buy to have 1 camera with a built in 115 db alarm

I just received my leak sensors yesterday and I’m really surprised there’s no audible alarm component to them. If I’ve got water leaking somewhere, I want to know about it immediately. I don’t want to rely on a generic push notification on my phone that I ignore most of the time anyway.

I was hoping you could have them trigger some kind of alarm on the hub, but that doesn’t seem to be an option.

I would love to be able to trigger an alarm or similar sound on the hub through an action. Or manually trigger a doorbell chime, since I’ve got those all over the place anyway. Just anything that would let me hear a continuous audible notification that water is leaking somewhere or a beep acknowlegement that something else is happening. All you really need to do is make an alarm an action that’s able to be triggered. You could set up audible alarms for motion on a camera, a door being left open for too long, someone who comes to your door but doesn’t ring the bell (Amazon), or any number of other things. The alarms could come from a camera, the hub or a doorbell chime.

The more I talk through this, the more I’m baffled this functionality doesn’t exist…

2 Likes

Thanks for the heads up. Won’t plan on buying such limited technology with a simple hardware fix Wyze shoulda thought of at the design phase. All, and I mean all, water leak detectors have buzzer or alarm as part of the solution. Why Wyze designers would forego an immediate alert??? Guess they have product designers with minimal experience.

Dropping the ball again Wyze.

I guess with all Wyze products you have to have redundant products to ensure complete protection. Wyze products are more gimmick than real world use.

Yeah. Not sure what they were thinking.

I personally had given up on waiting for Wyze to come out with a Water Leak sensor, and went with Govee Water sensors instead.

They have an EXTREMELY (!!!) loud alarm when they sense water, and also send an alert over 433Mhz.

You can either by their base, which has a built in 433Mhz listener in it, to get the alerts which then redirect them over Wifi to your phone.
Or you can buy your own RTL SDR 433Mhz radio for $20 and listen for them yourself. (Which is what I do, because I have it integrated into Home Assistant)

I rarely endorse any given product, but after having these for over a year now, and they have caught 2 leaks, (1 toilet, 1 sink), I have been absolutely impressed with the quality of these things.

https://www.amazon.com/Govee-Detectors-Wireless-Detector-Sensitive/dp/B07QSFRSJX

1 Like

I’ve had my leak sensors for a month now and added them with probes to my sump pump wells, 2 days ago the leak sensor for my basement sump pump went off and I missed the notification, well my sump pump failed and caused 1200.00 in damage to my basement. I bought the sensors to stop this from happening! Now I had to shut off every other notification from my cameras and motion sensors and doors so I make sure to know when the sump pump goes off! It needs an action to allow me to activate the HMS Siren or a stand alone siren! Even if the HMS is in idle.

1 Like

Wyze made the v3 cameras with the mini alarm feature. Why isn’t there a rule that activates the alarm in them when the HMS alarm goes off? I have three cams around the outside of my house that would get some attention if they all went off.

1 Like

Want to be able to operate an external siren from Home Monitoring.
At the very least be able to operate a smart plug, using my own siren.
Any way to accomplish this?

[Mod Note]: Your topic was merged to this #wishlist request for better visibility. Remember to scroll up to the top and click the VOTE button.

1 Like

I would really like a plug-in stand-alone siren to use in conjunction with cameras to use as a burglar deterrent that I can activate with my phone.

1 Like

I don’t think Wyze has any appetite to develop a standalone siren. But I heard the siren on the new floodlight is deafening, 100+ decibels. Unfortunately, it’s not integrated into HMS hub

1 Like

The police came to my house because I couldn’t hear my alarm going off. Really need a LOUDER Siren or even a MESH of alarms. Please get this done.

2 Likes

I wonder as an alternative option for ‘mesh alarms’ HMS could use Alexa devices to alert. I already have Alexas throughout.

Hi,
Yes, Wyze should have a louder alarm sound and/or the ability to tie in a secondary alarm. I think one solution might be to have it play an alarm sound through a doorbell chime. (don’t know if this has been mentioned before). They are affordable and could be placed all around a house to help notify everyone.

On another note, I believe that I’ve found a solution for a secondary alarm that’s not too expensive. It’s a little cumbersome to arm and disarm the secondary alarm, but it works for me.

I apologize if someone has already posted this solution.

I purchased a small siren from Amazon (couldn’t find one locally). https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07P1FNJTG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This siren is Very loud but does need a 12 volt adapter to supply power. It’s got a red and a separate black wire that a charger/power adapter needs to be wired into. In my case I used an old 12v adapter/charger from an older device that quit working, and yes, I’m one of those guys that always saves power supplies just in case I might need it someday… :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

After wiring those together, I used a spare Wyze plug to plug it into. Now comes the somewhat cumbersome part.

Since Wyze does not yet have a rule that causes an Action when the alarm system is set off, I created a workaround. Separately from the alarm system, I created a rule for each sensor that causes the Wyze plug to turn on when a motion is detected or a door sensor is opened.

Once the rules are set for all sensors, all you have to do is enable the rules when you arm the system. Now, when someone trips a sensor, the Wyze alarm goes off, and separately, the rules are invoked to turn on the plug which causes the siren to sound (Very Loud). Then disable the rules when you’re home and the alarm is disarmed. Of course the siren can also be triggered manually at any time.

I hope that made a little sense. It works for me, and since there is NO WAY that the Wyze alarm could go off in one part of the house, alerting the criminal and wake someone sleeping in a bedroom, possibly on the other side of the house, with the bedroom door closed. I hope someone finds this helpful or at least is inspired to improve on my setup which I would love to see! Thanks!!! TechnicalLee

What I don’t understand, is since they already have rules for the sensors, why don’t the have rules for the hub? You are right, they could trigger the chime, the camera siren, the floodlight siren even a plug that could turn on a light.

With out even having a light indicator ability this could not pass ADA for hearing impaired.

1 Like

I totally agree! My next project is to order a red strobe light to plug into a Wyze plug and create the same rules for it.

I understand they are selling inexpensive products, but I really think this is mainly a software/firmware issue that hiring more programmers would help.

1 Like

I would recommend for Wyze team to enable on the home monitoring hub, a way that customers can add also Wyze plug as part of the devices that the hub can turn on or off when alarm is triggered and turning off when disarmed after being trigered. Right now you only can us wyze hub with sensors, but i would like to see for wyze plug to be able for a sample turn on my wired siren and strobe when alarm is triggered in the monitoring hub and for example that lights in th house starts flashing with any fixture that is using the wyze plug as well. Maybe wyze Bulb could also be implemented for the flashing mode when alarm is triggered. it should be a very simple thing to add by wyze team and will make people buy more of the plugs and bulbs from wyze. thanks

2 Likes

Wyze either doesn’t want to spend $ integrating or opening up the home system OR they know that the sensors and cameras have too many false alerts.

Because of the flaws in software, alerting and Wyze failure to address issues, I have elected not to get the home system. They are secondary to my primary alarm and are a novelty.

The siren for the home monitoring isn’t loud at all. There needs to be a fix for this.

4 Likes