2.22 app, Wyze cam v3 & Watch 47 firmware Beta Test 6/23/2021

hmmm – wonder why mine showed.

It said “Improved the Message center” so I went and checked out the notification area just noticed Text Notifications. Is this new too?

Too bad it’s only for promotions. Some people have been begging for some other high priority notifications to be sent this way (ie: sensors, etc)

Could be a coincidence, but ever since I updated to this new app version this morning, V3 AI detections have not worked consistently.

It says “Optimized Device List UI”…anyone know what was optimized? I haven’t noticed a difference off-hand.

Sadly, no “Trends” in the HMS for me, but I stay in test mode, maybe that makes a difference? I don’t want Noonlight and risk of false alarm fees. Also, the “Tunes” aren’t currently working. Must need a firmware update first?

1 Like

I have mine in test mode, too. @spamoni pointed out that his “trend” data was the same as mine so probably just a place holder for future changes.

2 Likes

I don’t know if this is related or coincidence, but ever since I upgraded to v2.22 none of my V3’s with Cam Plus have working AI detection. The V2’s and VDB still detect and tag things correctly, but the V3’s do not identify or tag anything (person or pet or vehicle) all of a sudden. - At least using Android. @spamoni clued me into this today, and when I checked, he was correct as I was experiencing the same thing.

1 Like

Same on the iPhone. I have both devices and am currently doing a comparison.

@carverofchoice , simple question, are your V3’s upside down requiring you to flip the image for the phone? just doing a comparison at this time.

Good question. The 2 I’m currently using Cam Plus on are flipped, yes. Maybe that’s an issue currently with why they aren’t detecting anything.

I have had Cam Plus on on other V3’s that are not flipped though, and facial Detection still didn’t work on the V3’s. (Edit: sorry, this is a separate issue I was previously discussing with @spamoni regarding the AI facial Detection I’ve been testing, and is not related to the 2.22 app specifically… Basically I recently figured out facial Detection has only ever worked for me on V2’s and never on V3’s or VDB).

My theory was that it being flipped was causing streaming issues and detection.

I will be testing.

1 Like

Same exact percentage

Same here… no AI for 36 hours straight on v3 cams only. I ended up power-cycling all of my v3 cams for a few minutes today and now AI is back up and running. I had to power-cycle a few cams more than once. :unamused:

Edit: Also, none of my v3 cams are inverted.

3 Likes

I have powered cycled dozens of times today. :roll_eyes:

Still no AI notifications, in addition, I am having hard time streaming live events, when I restart the camera’s, they will stream for a bit go to 0 Kb/s and thats it for awhile. My one V3 which is not inverted seems to stream easier but no AI notification but plenty motion notification. I turned off the all motion option and now I get nothing. So it is something with the AI process. But what is interesting is that it is only with the V3’s.

2 Likes

Sounds like Wyze is busy tweaking servers. My AI outage was also v3s only. My v2, WCO and Pan cams had no AI issues. I let it ride for over a day because I assumed someone was “enhancing” my account… 36 hours ago, I noticed that some of my bulb rules didn’t run. That’s when I noticed that they finally transition me over to the new rules engine and the “off” part of my existing rules didn’t carry over. Maybe a coincidence, but I’m pretty sure Wyze is busy doing server something or other. :grinning:

3 Likes

Yea - I am hoping they are actually beefing them up. in addition, the V2’s are supposedly full WEBRTC, since I don’t seem to have an issue with the V2, I am hoping they get this to the V3’s soon.

Side note on streaming: I had a V3 next to a V2 and neither inverted, and had no issue with it. My Camera’s are now outside hanging under the eaves so they are inverted and I set the camera to flip 180 degrees. But I have been having weird issues with Live Streaming. Have tickets and logs open. They are working with me on it. However, in the meantime they sent an additional V3 Camera for me to test and switch with one of the others. I have not switched it yet and actually having it sitting on my window sill looking outside not flipped. I have less issues with it and streaming. AI is a different issue. This is why I am now thinking it has something to do with the Camera Positioning. I am going to flip one of the others for now and see it it makes a difference.

2 Likes

Great… now I’m going to flip a few v3 cams and see if it makes a difference. :grinning:

1 Like

LOL… I just find it interesting. I am working with XuLi. They have found some minor things which I think they used to fix stuff. But cannot reproduce the issue. I can reproduce it 100% of the time.

Here is my link - you can see all I do is walk up and down driveway and through my porch. This triggers 4 Camera’s to start recording the Event. Cannot get a stream until the AI processing has completed and the Event is tagged.

I have been putting a lot of work into this. I think it is a combo of things:

1. The number of Camera’s doing a live stream at one time
  2. AI Servers potentially bogged down and not set for High Availability
  3. Camera’s are flipped (but may not be, need to test more)

Just my thoughts for now. :slight_smile:

I am just glad that Wyze is working with me on this.

5 Likes

Just received 1 Person detected on my V3 Cam which is not inverted. :slight_smile:

But at the same time I have received 4 person detected on my V2 Cam.

1 Like

I had one at 3:44pm mst on an inverted V3.

Also, if I go to events on that cam and search backward, a lot of other events from earlier today are now labeled with person like they should’ve been earlier.

1 Like

Mine are still the same. I do have some from earlier in the morning, but it is not consistent.

I emailed Shawn on the CamPlus team. Hopefully he will respond.

1 Like

Yes inconsistent. I also just did another test by walking in front of the cams, and it didn’t detect a person, so it’s definitely not fixed. The 1 notification I got seems to be part of the inconsistent rare fluke.

But if you go by a V2 with CamPlus, you will be notified. and I get notified within 5 seconds. If the V3’s did that, they would resolve a lot of complaints. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Well… you & @carverofchoice definitely found a serious bug! thumbsup2

But it looks like there are 2 separate issues at play. Your inverted v3 cam issue is most definitely a bug. Here’s what I did to reproduce… it’s pretty simple and should easily be reproducible by Wyze.

Apps tested: production Android v2.21.27 and beta Android v2.22.12.
v3 firmware tested: 4.36.3.19 and 4.36.4.4 (don’t ask)

• Started with all systems normal. Verified that Person, Vehicle, Package, Pet and non-AI detection worked (created Events and associated notifications).

• Inverted two v3 cams and enabled Rotate Image 180° in Advanced Settings.

• Trigger all flavors of Events.

• Result: No events generated, no associated notifications received, Live Stream dwindles down to 0 KB/s. Tested other non-inverted v3 cams with successful results.

• Restart cameras via app, repeat, same results.

• Power-cycle cameras for 10 seconds, repeat, same results.

• Power-cycle cameras for 10 minutes, repeat, same results.

• Flipped cameras back to normal orientation, disabled Rotate Image 180° in Advanced Settings, retested… no Events and no notifications. Other non-test cameras still working fine.

• Restart cameras via app, retest, successful. Everything back to normal.

Sounds like an easy bug for Wyze to find in the code and shouldn’t take much to fix. :+1:

My other problem with all v3 cams reported earlier is not related to the inverted v3 cam problem as I don’t have inverted v3 cams. Not sure what that was about but it’s back to normal after power-cycling all v3 cams today.

4 Likes