2.22 app, Wyze cam v3 & Watch 47 firmware Beta Test 6/23/2021

I’ll check.
/edit
no it shows latest version 4.36.2.5, so it looks like I’ll have to do multiple updates.

Tried that and still same result. gets to 15%-16% and restarts. Restarted app and watch.

Have you tried clearing cache from within the app?

I have set testflight to update Wyzebeta automatically on my iPhone. I get the autoupdate once Wyzebeta is forceclosed on my phone.

I have the same issue. The watch either drops connection or restarts the download. It will continuously do this unless I force close the app to stop the update process. Restarting the app on my iPhone doesn’t fix the issue.

I was able to get my watch to update. Here is what I did:

1. Factory Reset watch, using watch interface
  2. Remove device from app
  3. Forget Bluetooth connection to watch
  4. Add watch back via app

After doing that I was able to update the firmware and add watch faces.

1 Like

Ahhh … the old hand grenade approach … I couldn’t update either and that worked. Something is amiss. First had charging issues … phone dying in a day… then update issues. Cameras have issues with cam plus uploading data… camera updates fail constantly and I have to retry… very upsetting

No need to be upset. You don’t seem to be one that vendors target for ßeta programs. ßeta updates are not usually an preview of fixes; they are most often an preview of new capabilities, with plenty of bugs mixed in. Vendors hope Beta participants will help them identify fixes by submitting constructive reviews with logs, to help them fix things before the official release.

For a smoother experience, I would recommend dropping out of all Beta software & firmware updates and just going with the more normal production software & firmware updates. Much less stress for sure! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I will also say, after this update, battery life on my watch is MUCH better. 14 hours or so later and only a 2% drop. Previously I’d be down 40% or so.

I am not upset at the prospect of beta testing and I know I signed up for that things will not work. A few weeks back I informed beta that battery life went to hell after an update. I also saw other users with the same issue. What I was frustrated about is a lack of communication. I never got a response back from that original info. In addition I am having a camera issue that didn’t happen before a update. I have notified support at least 4 times on the issue and even opened a full support issue just to be told … sorry we can’t tell you what the logs say and we will fix it sometime… if we are beta testing… which I will continue to do as I am very positive on the Wyze product line … we should at least be knowledgeable on issues that may be going on. If you tell me whoops new firmware has an issue with updates… then I am aware of that and will adjust my process accordingly. We can only help if you tell us what issues you are having or new features you have so we can test them or try to replicate them for you. I guess a team effort to improve a product.

1 Like

Did anyone else notice the changes to HMS? There are now options to set “Tunes” on the hub and sensors and a graph (inaccurate for me) showing the status of HMS over various periods of time.

1 Like

what version of the app are you running? A number of us installed the latest app 2.22.11 and then there was an update to the app last night. we performed that update only to find out we were rolled back to version 2.21.27 (the production version). Now we cannot seem to get the latest beta version back.

We are wondering if there was some bug which required a roll back or if there was a feature they did not want to release yet.

Who knows - just wish I could get the latest beta again. :slight_smile:

I looked at my iPhone which has the latest version. Can I tell you that my trend loks exactly like yours. I mean Exactly. :slight_smile:
I think this is only a sample if there is no data - maybe…

84 Hours Protected
7 Alarm
14 Warning
42 Hours Disarmed
42 Hours Armed Home
42 Hours Armed Away

2.22.12 is now out. The Trend in HMS does not seem to be there on Android. Have not looked at the iPhone yet.

1 Like

I’ve got 2.22.11, probably because I don’t do auto update.

Also saw this

1 Like

Yea, I had the problem where I got rolled back. Now my iPhone has .11 and my Android has .12. So far that is one of the differences. The Entry Sensor tunes is still there though

This should make a lot of people happy

5 Likes

Looks like they fixed the white bar in playback on landscape view on Android on the v3!

3 Likes

For those that were concerned , it appears they also fixed the Badges appearing for what you backed or setup, At least my HMS badge is now there.

1 Like

My HMS is still locked, as is my Outdoor Plug, Robot Vacuum, Handheld Vacuum, and Floor Lamp. But congrats! :slight_smile:

1 Like