2.20+ app Beta test 5/14/2021

We checked you bulb logs and this bulb was offline frequently. We’re still trying to know what happened to your bulb.

I’ll forward your comments to our AI team.

Thank you.

Thanks. it does happen frequently. It Primarily happens now that they are in a group. My Porch bulbs, 1 will be offline (2 bulbs in this group) and my Driveway bulbs 1 or 2 will be off line (3 bulbs in this group). Wonder if it is related to the bulbs in a group.

@carverofchoice or @R.Good , you also experience the bulb issue, are the bulbs you are having issues with in a group as well? trying to reason out a potential cause to help @QiS with.

@QiS - Just so you know, my network and internet is rock solid. I have a gigabit up and own with no congestion. I use the TPLink Deco X60’s and all 3 devices. So coverage is perfect. However, can you let me know what you all at Wyze test with? Asking cause I would have no issue (cost provided) putting what you all use in place to see if it makes a difference.

Yes and no. I have one set of bulbs that do this sometimes that are in a group (my kitchen) and another that is not in a group (Pantry).

Ok, so that would rule out the group theory. :slight_smile:

Thanks

Mine are in a group…

Start
I had the original rule setup where a V1 motion sensor would turn on a group of 3 WYZE Bulbs (in 3 different fixtures) if motion was detected. If the room was clear for 20 minutes the bulb group would turn off

Once I got access to the new rules engine
I deleted that rule, moved the V1 Motion Sensor to the V2 bridge and recreated that same exact rule using the new rules engine, using a different name for the new rules.

The Problem:
Explained in the thread above but the short is, the rule would execute turning on the Bulb group on. Then, the bulbs would turn themselves off after 4-5 minutes, then back on 2 minutes later… repeated until the 20 minutes would expire, then the rule would turn them off until motion was detected.

“Follow Up”
I deleted the new rule made with the beta rules engine with the intent to rebuild and testing again, but before I could rebuild the rule I got distracted and never made it… Later in the day I noticed that that very same bulb group was turning on when I entered the room and turning off after 20 minutes… THERE IS NO RULE SET…

My Theory
The original rule never really deleted and got corrupted with the new rule?
If I look in my rules history there is nothing being documented, but the bulbs are in fact coming on with motion and turning off after the room is clear for 20 minutes with no rule assigned or built. So the original rule that I deleted is still operating somehow and even though the V1 motion sensor has been moved to the HMS V2 Bridge and not on the former v1 bridge.

Come to think of it, the one I have not in a group is a V1 bulb, so it might be a different issue and thus not rule out your group theory for the color bulbs.

Hi @R.Good What’s your rule name and when this issue happened? Did you try the 2.21 beta? I think this issue has been solved in 2.21.If this problem still exists in 2.21, please submit a log and ping me with the rule name, execution time. Thank you.

@QiS there is no rule name, as there is no rule. But the original names were MBL lights off and MBL lights on.

The “ghost rule” still continues to function today and I observed this behavior starting 11 days ago.

2.21.21 (3) has been installed since its release.

Thank you

Got it. We’ll look into it. Could you submit a log?

It’s way delayed but I can say that my previous ghost rule has not re-appeared in the new rules engine. Which is great.

Sure thing. log ID number 220473

We checked your log. Your rules " MBL lights off and MBL lights on* were deleted on May 25 and there’s no execution history since that day. Do you remember when you deleted these rules and when these ghost rules executed?

The day of or the day after I emailed you and you added me to the new rules engine beta test would have been when I deleted the original rules. 17 days ago… so 5/16 or 5/17

The day i recognized the ghost rules was the day of or day after i deleted the new rules on the new rules engine, so… 5/25 - 5/26

Thank you

It seems everything goes well, let me know if you still have this issue in 2.21 RC. Thank you.

I do… however, I have not cleared my cache, or done anything to try to resolve the issue from the app side. I was just leaving it to assist in any testing I could.

I will poke around and see if I can get the ghost rule to stop. I mean, the rule is not programmed in the app but works flawless as I would want it to :rofl:

Turns the lights on when it detects motions and off when clear after 20 minutes.

We’ll release the firmware update soon. Thank you.

That’s good news

@spamoni our team member is looking into this issue. " Cannot Stream Live Video when a Live Event is being recorded"

1 Like

Appreciate it

1 Like

I would like to report a bug that I haven’t been able to resolve. I have 4 white bulbs in a room and 1 has a couple rules that continue to work fine but none of the bulbs will turn off or on using GH commands or voice commands through GH. I am using beta 2.21.14 on my android phone and the bulbs are 1.2.0.313. When a GH command is given the device responds with “It looks like wyze home is unavailable right now.”

So far I have tried a manual power cycle of the bulbs, reconnect account through the home app, unlink and reconnect (which was annoying because having to replace all devices). These bulbs appear to be the only ones that are not working correctly, although they work fine through the Wyze app. All of the indoor and outdoor plugs and color bulbs work correctly.