Wyzecam Person Detection Micro SD Card and Monthly Subscription?

I’m confused still with this. So you mention the option I want is like a wishlist that most people want here that still isn’t available?

Thus the option to only have push notifications turn on for only one camera… my camera A which is mine and not shared at all… I can’t do this without turning off push notifications for the other two cameras? So imagine during the day when i only want push notifications for my camera A… but do not want any push notifications for the other two cameras during the day… I cannot do this? Its either have all push notifications on for all three cameras… or no cameras. Is that what you are saying?

I want notifications for all three cameras… but I do not want push notifications for all three cameras at certain times.

Right now im the main account holder for camera b. I have notifications on for the settings. They people who i share it with have push notifications on. I however, sometimes do not want push notifications on for camera b. I do want notifications on though of course.

So is there a way to do this or not? If not… I cannot believe there isn’t this setting. I mean… imagine you have three wyzecams say all under your account. You have them at three different locations. You have notifications turned on for all three of the cameras. Let say you also have your account push notifications on. Now say today you only want push notifications that pop up in your iphone for only camera a and b and not c. So you can’t do this?

Also related to this,

When i click on home on wyzecam app, i see three different wyzecam cameras. For some reason, the one that is mine… the time is wrong even though when i click on the livestream, well its live. I had this happen last time as well but then eventually the time was correct. The time is like an hour and a half slower showing on it. Is this a glitch or why is it like that?

I went to sync time and that didn’t do anything.

There is a wishlist called “_—”. This requests the feature of being able to have different settings for shared users of a device, instead of shared users of a device sharing that devices settings. See here:

If you turn camera b’s notifications off, your other shared user of that camera will also have notifications off. While the cameras notifications are off, if either user, you or them, turn the notifications back in, it will turn the notifications on for the other user as well.

If you want to leave the notifications on for camera b so that the other user gets notifications, the only way for you to disable notifications from that camera is for you to disable your account notifications, which is a global setting for your account only that disables any notification coming into your account. It’s a higher level that device level.

You can do this, but when you make the settings change to camera c, it will also change the setting for the shared users to also not have notifications for camera c.

Your probably looking at an old thumbnail. Add the three cameras to a group, view that group and the three cameras should now be able to be live streamed all at the same time, and not just thumbnails of previous viewings.

Okay i think im confusing with my wording. I know if i turn notitications off for a camera, it would be turned off for the other person who i shared it with. Thus they could turn on/off the notification anytime they want and then it would be off on my end. Im talking about camera b where its my account and i share it with them.

But im not talking about notifications. Im talking about push notifications. Thus the notification that shows up on your iphone everytime there is something to be recorded. I want to be able to sometimes only have push notifications on for my camera… Camera A… but not have push notifications on for Cameras B and C. Can i do that or not? Imagine during the day… i have all three cameras on. Notifications whether motion or sound are always on. But for today, i only want push notifications… for camera A and not B and C. Can I do that?

The thing that confuses me is why can’t i do that especially since Camera A is my own camera and I don’t share it with anyone.

What do you mean looking at old thumbnail?

When I click on home… i see all three different wyzecams of mine. All are on. But when i click on my wyzecam… Camera A… the time is around an hour and thirty minutes off. Im talking about the livesdtream. However if you click on events and look at notifications for this same Camera A… the timestamp is correct for any motion or sound notifications when viewing it in events.

Why is it the current time wrong when i click on wyzecam A?

When I reference notifications, I mean the push notifications.

You can. Then set them that way, just know that the notifications (aka push notifications, aka app notifications) for the other users of camera b and c won’t have notifications enabled either untill someone re-enabled them. Like you said here:

There are three levels to having notifications either enabled or disabled.

The lowest level of notification settings is the device level notification (aka push notification). This is the device settings itself.

The middle level of notification is the in app setting. This is the bell in the upper corner of the Wyze app. Normal bell - notifications enabled, bell with Zzz - disabled.

The highest level is your device OS. This is in the app settings within your devices OS.

Soo… if you and the camera shared user want different device level settings, then you or them, need to go one level up to have control on your side, which would be the in app notification (bell) level. Just know that this would kill all notifications coming into your app, even notifications for your own camera a if you go this route.

I’d suggest again that you take some time with a second device, login with the credentials for one of your shared users and spend some time testing out allllll these things your asking questions on. I believe that will add an immense amount of clarity for you on this.

Okay. When im talking about the push notifications… im talking about the middle level… the bell in upper corner of the wyze app where i could disable it with Zzz. So at them moment if i have that Zzz… i dont get any notifications on my iphone. But if i enable it… then i get notifications

Im confused but that isn’t push notification? So do i have push notifications on or off? I have to have it on then right? Since when i have the middle notification with normal bell on… then notifications on. But i disable it with Zzz… then its off. So that means i have that on right the first level?

I am not sure what you mean by the highest level is my device OS.

At the moment i only have physical access to my wyzecam… wyzecam A… the one i use and don’t share with anyone. I do not have physical access to wyzecam B because that is in another location. Again Wyzecam B is under my account and i share it with other people.

Right now… i want to not have any normal bell notifications for wyzecam B and C. I want the normal bell notifications for wyzecam A only. How can i do this or I cannot do it?

Right now when i click on events, you see tons of events for wyzecam B and C at the moment because its always on. But since i have that bell notifications off… i dont get any of those notifications to my iphone every time. But the moment i turn the bell on… i would get notifications nonstop on my iphone.

So when i turn on my wyzecam A… i sometimes want to have those ring bell notifications on… and only wyzecam A. I want wyzecam B and C to be how it normally is… basically on all day/night and capture any events such as motion/sound etc which it always does etc. I dont change any of the settings to wyzecam B and neither do the people i share that camera with. With wyzecam C, the other user who is the main account use it and share details with me… but i dont do anything to the settings etc.

I feel like im asking a very simple question here but im not sure what the answer is as this is very confusing.

Yes. The bell only effects only the notifications on your account. “Zzzz” means wherever you are logged in on your account, you will not receive any notifications. If the bell is normal, you will receive notifications from any device that has their notifications enabled.

To receive notifications on your app, several things need to happen: the device itself needs to have notifications enabled, the account/app needs it’s notifications enabled (the bell), and the app itself needs to have notifications enabled within its device OS (Android, ios). If any of those “links in the chain” are broken, or “disabled”, you won’t receive a thing.

Example. In my android settings I am allowing my Wyze app to have notifications:

Now I am not:

I don’t know the comparable function in iOS because I don’t touch Apple products with a 10-ft pole. :slight_smile:

The bell in your app only controls any notification coming into your app, it does not care what device it’s from. The normal bell allows you to get any incoming notification, but the zzz bell disables then, no matter what device is sending them. The bell is only for your account. Each device has their own setting.

Yes, because it appears as if the “event recording” is enabled on b and c. Notifications are generated when event clips are saved. The bell controls the notifications only, not the event recording settings, those are different.

I believe I have explained it the best I can a few times. I have said it already, but I think you should try out these issues in real life and experience them yourself because I believe that will provide so much clarity on these issues for you.

Okay. So my question … is still not answered.

I will make it very simple.

During around the evening, I want to get notifications to my iphone only from my Camera A. And by notifications… I mean where my iphone vibrates and then i look at it and it shows motion or sound detected etc. Thus imagine like when someone texts you and you get a message and you go and look at your iphone. This is the notification im talking about here.

Also, all the three cameras are on all day/night. I want all the events/sounds captured like it always does.
Thus when i check my events… it records right now literally every motion/sound which i like. But i do not want that vibrate/message notification on my iphone from Camera B nor C.

How do i make the setting on my iphone where I get that vibrate notification and thus notification on my iphone screen from only Camera A… and not from Camera B or C? Or is this not possible?

Yes. Go into each cameras settings and change it to what you want. Optional: let the user you shared B with and the user that’s sharing C with you know that you changed the cameras settings to what you wanted.

How do i go to each camera setting and change it to what I want? Again all I want right now is… to not have that vibrate/message notification on my iphone every single time… there is an event recorded on Camera B and C.

I only want to have that vibrate/message notification on my iphone with my Camera A ONLY. Again this is my camera and I do not share it with anyone. So anything I do with Camera A should have zero effect on other people.

Camera B is also another camera under my wyzecam account. I created wyzecam account for two different people. Then I shared Camera B with them… so each of them can view events and everything.
Does that make sense?

Camera C is someone else’s wyzecam they set up with their wyzecam account. They then shared
Camera C with me.

So in my wyzecam app…

I see

Camera A
Camera B
Camera C

To the two people I share Camera B with… this Camera is located in their location… they only have Camera B shown in their own wyzecam app… does that make sense?

And with Camera C… that person has only Camera C in their wyzecam app as they are the main user and share details with me. They also similar to like Camera B… have all those notifications on etc. But main thing is they are the main user.

What do you mean let the other users know i changed the camera settings? I do not want to make any changes to Camera B or Camera C. Its fine with those cameras the settings.

I want those Cameras to be like it is now. Its on all day and it records all events.

The only thing I want is … say during the evening… when all three cameras are on… I want my iphone to vibrate/screen notification on my iphone screen when its only something detected on my CAMERA A and NOT CAMERA B OR C. Does that make sense? I don’t know how simple i can ask this question and I don’t think you guys understand what im asking here.

Because when i turn the Zzz On… i get that vibrate/screen notification on my iphone but i get it from all three cameras. I want to only get that vibrate/screen notification on my iphone with my CAMERA A ONLY…

Thanks.

I understand completely. Did my simple answer not answer the question?

Click the gear on the upper right of the screen when live viewing a camera. You’ll see notifications settings on the list.

I am aware. See previous comment:

Yes and yes.

You may have to make changes to B and C if their notifications are enabled. If notifications are enabled, you’ll have to disable them to achieve “NOT CAMERA B OR C”. And since you know the camera settings (which includes the notification settings) are shared between users, it’ll change for the other users of whatever camera you are making the changes on.

Okay so before I do any of this… the Zzz should be enabled correct?

Okay I clicked on that with my Camera A. Thats where it shows detection settings, event recording, notifications etc.

So click on notifications… and leave all notifications on right?

But for Camera B which is camera under my account… but its in another location and i share it with two other people. So here… i turn off

Notifications?

So when I do this, now I won’t get any vibrate/screen notifications from any event on Camera B right? But the two people who I share camera B with… they will continue to get notifications as they do with their settings?

But when i click on Camera C, which is not my camera but someone else’s. when i click on the top right, i don’t see the option to turn off notifications. I can understand being the shared user, you are limited with some options. But why can’t I turn off the vibrate/screen notifcations on this?

Because if this is the way to do it… that means i would still have those vibrate/screen notifications on my iphone for Camera A and C if i have the Zzz enabled?

You say

You may have to make changes to B and C if their notifications are enabled. If notifications are enabled, you’ll have to disable them to achieve “NOT CAMERA B OR C”. And since you know the camera settings (which includes the notification settings) are shared between users, it’ll change for the other users of whatever camera you are making the changes on

Now I"m not for sure you understand what i am saying. Im talking about me not wanting the vibrating/screen notification each time there is an event in any of the three cameras. I only want it for my Camera A only. The two people who use Camera B that i share with… and the person who has Camera C and share it with me… they always have their notifications on their iphone turn on. But they know how to turn that Zzz notification off.

You are telling me if i make that Zzz off… it will go Zzz off with the other user who i share Camera B with?

You say if i make changes to camera settings that are shared between users, it will charge for the other users of whatever camera you are making the changes on. The only notification im talking about is that Zzz.

Okay please tell the exact steps i should do exactly right now to achieve what I want here.

As of now

Camera A - My Camera. Not Shared With Anyone Else
Camera B - My Camera, Shared with Two Other People
Camera C - Someone Else’s Camera, Shared With Me

are all turned on. I have the Zzz enabled. The thing im confused here is why can’t I have the Zzz enabled for Camera A only and not Camera B and C. Because if I do that… then i know i would only get that vibrating/screen message on my iphone each time there is an event on Camera A only… and not B or C. Does that make sense?

Tell me how do i only get that vibrating/screen message notification on my iphone only for Camera A.
And also… the two people who i share Camera B with… i know their notifications are always on for any motion or sound. I mean if i turn the Zzz off… then i won’t get any notifications from any of the three cameras. But the other two people who i share Camera B with… they are still getting notifications on since well they have the Zzz on… correct? And with Camera C… that person is the main account holder and share it with me. They have that Zzz on as well.

So how do i do this then? Because I know if i want to check for any events, i can view that and it shows many different events for all three different cameras. But i only want that vibrating/screen notification on my iphone ONLY FOR CAMERA A.

You are telling me its with notifications but I’m not sure what exactly you mean here. Because I can’t even do any changes to Camera C since im not the main user. But how could I not turn of that iphone vibrate/notification?

Yes. See previous comment:

For this to be true:

Yes.

Correct.

False. See your previous comment:

Because:

The individual device settings follow the device.

Looks like the main user if C will have to disable the notification settings for you.

Nope. Because:

The bell is your account/app only. That mid level notification setting only effects your account/app.

You also said and indicated that you understood this.

See bell comment right above, that is for your account only.

As said before, the bell is a mid level notification setting, it controls the notifications coming into your account. It is higher than your device settings. A,B or C have their own notification settings, your account has another level of notification settings which is the bell.

Ok.

For camera A:

Yes, leave these notification settings on.

Camera B:
Same steps you mentioned as Camera A.

Camera C:
Because:

You’ll have to ask the main user of camera C to turn them off for you.

What do you mean for Camera B, do same steps as in Camera A?

Camera A… when i right click on the top right corner, notifications are on.

For Camera B, I turn off notifications? That way I won’t get any vibrating notifications to my iphone right?

For Camera C, you say I have to ask the main user of Camera C to turn it off for me. How in the world would this be possible? So you want them to click right corner, notifications, and turn off right? Because if they do that, wouldn’t that turn it off for them as well? They want to get those vibrating/screen notifications on their iphone. I do want them for my iphone.

Confusing thing of this all is the Zzz is the main thing here. Since you said everyone’s Zzz is not related to the other person… then how they turning off notification would work since they would want notifications with the vibrating/screen notification?

So are you saying with the Zzz on, Camera C events I always get those vibrating notifications no matter what?

Why would the other persons not get any more notifications? This doesn’t make any sense at all. I do not want that bell notification on my iphone. I want the other people to get notifications like they always do. They have the bell on. That three level of notification thing is very confusing. When im talking about notification… im talking about when your iphone vibrates and when you check your iphone, it tells you
sound or motion detected on wyzecam at x time. Check out the event video. I am telling you that I do not want these notifications on my iphone with Camera B and C. I only want that for my own camera A.

When i click on Camera B… then click top right corner and then turning of notifications, you telling me those people who i share Camera B with will get no more notifications? I want them to get notifications as they want notifications. I do not want that vibrating notification each time there is an event on Camera B. But i want them to continue getting that vibrating notification on their iphone like they do. So are you telling me this isn’t possible?

This doesn’t make any sense here especially with how you explained what has to be done with Camera C in this situation.

Steps are: live view - click on gear - click on notifications settings. Yes, if you turn off notifications you won’t get any notifications.

See:

If you don’t want notifications from the camera, and the other user does, then what you want to do is not possible from a device level.

Maybe “Hey (enter other users name here), can you disable the notifications for camera c?”. But it sounds like what you want for camera c is not possible then on a device level, both users can’t have different notification settings from the device itself.

Not confusing, the bell is an indicator if your ACCOUNT level notifications are turned off or not.

Some reading material for you:
https://wyzelabs.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360051212131-Notifications

If you don’t want notifications from the camera, and the other user does, then what you want to do is not possible from a device level.

So basically what I want is then not possible then? Again in the previous posts, it was mentioned i could do what i want… but now i cannot?

****For Camera C, you say I have to ask the main user of Camera C to turn it off for me. How in the world would this be possible? **

Maybe “Hey (enter other users name here), can you disable the notifications for camera c?”. But it sounds like what you want for camera c is not possible then on a device level, both users can’t have different notification settings from the device itself.**

This doesn’t make any sense. That person’s Camera C and is the account holder, they want notifications like they always do. I just don’t want those Zzz notifications. If they turn it off, it would be off for them right?

Again this makes zero sense why a person doesn’t have the option to disable the Zzz.

So when i changed the Zzz enabled to disabled. Thus when i do that… i don’t get any of that push notification to my iphone. That is name for it right? Thus when i have the bell turned on… then any event created from any of those three cameras give me a notification.

So if i turn the push notifications off… well the push notifications will still be on for the people i share camera B with … and also Camera A who is the account holder right if they have it on? If that is the case, why does it affect the other person then?

What I don’t understand is why is there not an option to disable push notifications for each separate camera… as oppose to all three camera or zero cameras. Like imagine hey during the evening, i only want those push notifications on my iphone from Camera A and not B or C. That is what im asking here right?

You can still change the settings to whatever you want, if it conflicts with what the shared user wants then you’ll have to find a happy middle ground.

Your options for camera c are then:
Drop the share and you no longer have access to C.
Have notifications on for C, like the main user wants
Install a second camera at C’s location for just you (and drop the share for C), and you can have notifications disabled for your new camera.

There is, you saw the individual device settings here:

These settings follow the device and whoever it is shared with.

I think you should drop all the shares, and each user manage their own cameras since it sounds like each of your other users you are working with want differing settings from you. If you all wanted the same settings, this would work and be fairly easy.

2 Likes